Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2022 surgery?

On 4/6/2022 at 4:01 AM, Dani1491 said:

Gastric bypass is set for May 16th. Hopefully that won’t get delayed. I’ve been having some stomach issues, and my primary doctor is wary about approving me for surgery until we find out what’s going on. I can’t wait!

I'm also due on May 16th with gastric bypass + hiatal hernia repair, hope all goes well with you please keep me updated on how you go post surgery.

Best wishes.

2 hours ago, Crisscat said:

Tomorrow morning is my day!! May 3rd Im first up....need to be at the hospital by 545am. For those of you who pray......Pray for me plz that all goes well 🙏

5.45am? Oh My that is early. Not even the birds are awake here at that time. Dont suppose that you will sleep much though. Hope that everything goes well for you tomorrow. Hope you have a good amount of people around you to support and lean on. I will be doing that same next Monday at 12pm. Please check in here when you are awake to let us know how you went. Thinking good thoughts for you Crisscat.

3 hours ago, Future Sleeve Diva said:

Today is the last day of my liquid diet because TOMORROW IS MY SURGERY!!!!! Woohoo!!!!! I'm so so excited. I can't believe it's here already. I'm not even a little nervous. I'm just ready. I have to check in at 7am. My surgery is at 10am. I should be coming home in the afternoon on Wednesday, as long as everything is good.

Woot Woot you got thought hell week. Another week to go. Finally its here. A new start awaits. Hooray. Please check in afterwards. Hope every little things goes in your favor.

1 hour ago, Merill said:

I'm also due on May 16th with gastric bypass + hiatal hernia repair, hope all goes well with you please keep me updated on how you go post surgery.

Best wishes.

Hiya Merill. Not too far to go now. It's a bonus that your surgeon can fix your hernia at the same time. A two for one deal. My Surgeon poked me in the belly yesterday to see how my hernia was going. It will be nice that he can also fix this when I have my bypass on the 9th of this month. Are you on some liquid diet at the moment. It is getting exciting as it gets nearer. We got this Merill.

My surgery was at 9:30 am yesterday morning. When I woke up, I felt very nauseated and had quite a bit of pain in my stomach. I took several meds before surgery and after for nausea but they didn’t really help, although I didn’t throw up so maybe they did. I did not experience the dreaded gas pains fortunately. Surprisingly, they didn’t push me to walk much. When I did try I could only walk halfway down a hall and had to turn around - I was just so weak. I ended up sleeping most of the day.

strangely they also wouldn’t allow me to drink anything and my mouth was sooo dry. I could only use a sponge swab in my mouth which didn’t walk much. I’m hoping to be able to drink today. My symptoms didn’t improve after surgery until they gave me a pain med - I think it was called alordum or something like that. Never heard of it and I’m sure I’m not selling correctly.

they gave me a pain ball with two tubes going about 4-5 inches into my mid section for numbing. On day 4, I will need to pull the tubes out.

I should be able to go home today.

On 05/02/2022 at 22:45, CurvyGirl23 said:

My surgery was at 9:30 am yesterday morning. When I woke up, I felt very nauseated and had quite a bit of pain in my stomach. I took several meds before surgery and after for nausea but they didn’t really help, although I didn’t throw up so maybe they did. I did not experience the dreaded gas pains fortunately. Surprisingly, they didn’t push me to walk much. When I did try I could only walk halfway down a hall and had to turn around - I was just so weak. I ended up sleeping most of the day.

strangely they also wouldn’t allow me to drink anything and my mouth was sooo dry. I could only use a sponge swab in my mouth which didn’t walk much. I’m hoping to be able to drink today. My symptoms didn’t improve after surgery until they gave me a pain med - I think it was called alordum or something like that. Never heard of it and I’m sure I’m not selling correctly.

they gave me a pain ball with two tubes going about 4-5 inches into my mid section for numbing. On day 4, I will need to pull the tubes out.

I should be able to go home today.

I hope you continue to feel better and better! I had mine this morning as well and I just remember waking up in a recliner chair and being super sleepy. Pain honestly wasn’t too bad except for the gas pain in my back. I was able to minimize that pretty quickly thank goodness. They had me up and walking pretty quick and I was able to go home within a few hours. I feel super bloated and experience a little bit of pain but I honestly built it up to be so much more in my head that it’s not bad lol. Heating pad really helps with gas pain and I also used a massager on my back. They had me drinking right away and it’s not too terrible getting Water down. I do have awful dry mouth though so I recommend getting biotene to help with that. I napped a lot today but did get up to walk as much as I could and that really helped with the gas. Hopefully we will feel much better in the morning! ♥️🙏🏼

I have surgery scheduled May 24th and I’m super nervous and excited! Praying my hair doesn’t fall out

I just woke up to take my morning pills (early) with the last of the liquids I can have. It's finally here!!!! I'm so excited!!!

26 minutes ago, Future Sleeve Diva said:

I just woke up to take my morning pills (early) with the last of the liquids I can have. It's finally here!!!! I'm so excited!!!

Im only 8 mins away from the hospital, so Im not in a big hurry lol

On 05/03/2022 at 05:58, Future Sleeve Diva said:

Thinking of you! You will do great! I’ll be looking for your update! 🤗❤️❤️❤️❤️🎈

On 05/03/2022 at 06:25, Crisscat said:

Im only 8 mins away from the hospital, so Im not in a big hurry lol

Good luck! I’ll be thinking of you. Update when you can! You got this! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

On 05/03/2022 at 02:47, milfmommyx2 said:

I have surgery scheduled May 24th and I’m super nervous and excited! Praying my hair doesn’t fall out

That will be here before you know it! 🎈

Good luck to everyone getting their surgery today!

8 hours ago, Possum220 said:

Hiya Merill. Not too far to go now. It's a bonus that your surgeon can fix your hernia at the same time. A two for one deal. My Surgeon poked me in the belly yesterday to see how my hernia was going. It will be nice that he can also fix this when I have my bypass on the 9th of this month. Are you on some liquid diet at the moment. It is getting exciting as it gets nearer. We got this Merill.

Hi Possum,

Yes I'm getting a two-for-one deal LOL I'm so glad that it's going to get fixed and I'm finally going to have a peaceful nights sleep without the fear of waking up with acid rushing up!

Apparently when I lose the weight the hernia will not return, it's weight-related as I've been told by my surgeon, I'm supposed to be on two shakes plus low starch low carb vegetables but I haven't started it yet. I'll start right after mother's day lol

I've already lost 13 kilos with my own efforts anyway so I'm assuming 1 week of liquid diet should be sufficient.

Hope they can fix yours as well and all the best to you on the 9th keep me updated please!

We got this girl! lol