Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2022 surgery?

I am new here I am having surgery may 9,2022 I have read most of the information here but need more I am a nervous wreck

I’m just waiting for a date!! Not sure how far out my office is scheduling

Hi everyone,

I had my SADI surgery on Monday. It went great. I had happy pills before surgery to help calm my nerves and the surgical team was wonderful! I woke up to no nausea or pain. Pain management was so well-handled that I still can’t believe it. My bladder was frozen a bit so it took time for it to wake up, but the good news is that I didn’t need a catheter.

it’s been a great experience so far and the nurses have been wonderful!!

I had my surgery Monday and was supposed to go home today. They are keeping me another night though. My nausea has gotten worse despite the numerous meds they’ve given me. I can’t even really get Water down. Let alone broth, etc. at least the IV should prevent dehydration.

17 minutes ago, CurvyGirl23 said:

I had my surgery Monday and was supposed to go home today. They are keeping me another night though. My nausea has gotten worse despite the numerous meds they’ve given me. I can’t even really get Water down. Let alone broth, etc. at least the IV should prevent dehydration.

Oh man, I hope that they can keep your under control soon. I know that when I was out early from my VSG, a lot of my nausea feelings were from too much stomach acid. I wonder if that’s something that could be adding to your nausea issues?

21 minutes ago, cynebeah said:

Oh man, I hope that they can keep your under control soon. I know that when I was out early from my VSG, a lot of my nausea feelings were from too much stomach acid. I wonder if that’s something that could be adding to your nausea issues?

They’ve given me acid meds and even something to reduce swelling. The only thing that seems to help something called dilaudin but they are trying to avoid giving it to me because it’s a hospital-only narcotic. I can’t take it when I eventually go home.

15 minutes ago, CurvyGirl23 said:

They’ve given me acid meds and even something to reduce swelling. The only thing that seems to help something called dilaudin but they are trying to avoid giving it to me because it’s a hospital-only narcotic. I can’t take it when I eventually go home.

I had dilaudid for my vsg and for this surgery too. I’m going home with Tylenol and OxyContin. I hope that they can find the right mix for you soon! Big hugs!

Had my surgery yesterday. I'm at home now. It takes awhile to get enough liquids down but in the hospital I was given multiple pills to take with minimal Water and it was no issue. My Dr. started me on the stage 1 diet until I see him in a few days.

16 hours ago, Tim W. said:

Had my surgery yesterday. I'm at home now. It takes awhile to get enough liquids down but in the hospital I was given multiple pills to take with minimal Water and it was no issue. My Dr. started me on the stage 1 diet until I see him in a few days.

Thanks for the information

20 hours ago, Pantherwild69 said:

I am new here I am having surgery may 9,2022 I have read most of the information here but need more I am a nervous wreck

Had mine on Monday I am doing good. Not much pain except for the biggest hole in my belly. They used glue to close my incisions. Do as your told and you will do well.

22 hours ago, cynebeah said:

Hi everyone,

I had my SADI surgery on Monday. It went great. I had happy pills before surgery to help calm my nerves and the surgical team was wonderful! I woke up to no nausea or pain. Pain management was so well-handled that I still can’t believe it. My bladder was frozen a bit so it took time for it to wake up, but the good news is that I didn’t need a catheter.

it’s been a great experience so far and the nurses have been wonderful!!

That's so exciting that you had no pain or nausea and had such a great experience. Makes me feel way less nervous about my surgery with Dr. Gagner in a few weeks. I have heard so many good reviews for him. Do you have to stay in Montreal for a few days after surgery? :)

20 hours ago, CurvyGirl23 said:

Just so you know, Dilaudid isn’t just for hospital use. It comes in pill form for at home use but most places don’t prescribe it since it’s strong and can make people loopy. I’ve had patients come into the hospital on daily doses at home (I’m an RN.) Many places will send you home with Norco or something similar instead.