Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2022 surgery?

Saw Doc yesterday and guess I have to do 1 more visit and will schedule for end of June or first of July. I guess I don't have to do week of liquids pre surgery. We'll talk about post surgery plan on next visit on May 31. I'm still really nervous but not wavering back and forth on decision like I was. Really nervous about telling my only son. I don't think he will be in favor of this at all. ( I should be able to just eat less and stick to it and not risk surgery.) Course I'm imagining that response.

Thanks for this forum. Any suggestions welcome. Still need to hear success stories from folks my age.

On 05/07/2022 at 11:18, Hesitant but hopeful said:

Saw Doc yesterday and guess I have to do 1 more visit and will schedule for end of June or first of July. I guess I don't have to do week of liquids pre surgery. We'll talk about post surgery plan on next visit on May 31. I'm still really nervous but not wavering back and forth on decision like I was. Really nervous about telling my only son. I don't think he will be in favor of this at all. ( I should be able to just eat less and stick to it and not risk surgery.) Course I'm imagining that response.

Thanks for this forum. Any suggestions welcome. Still need to hear success stories from folks my age.

Welcome.
One of my daughters (who is a doctor) freaked out months ago when I told her I was ‘merely’ thinking of this. I’m not in the mood for confrontational conversations about this. I then was diagnosed with a very large hiatal hernia. I brought up that I would be having that repaired, and I’m not mentioning the GP. She is pleased with the fact that the hernia was diagnosed and will be repaired. That’s good enough for me.
I could eat nothing and walk 5 miles or more a day, and I’d probably gain weight.
My son was not happy about it, researched on his own, and was very impressed with the number of years this could add to my life expectancy. His findings mirrored what my cardiologist had told me.
Good luck on your journey. Keep us posted.

10 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Hi, merill! I’ll be thinking of you on the 16th!
And you are right! It’s never too late for anything! I married the love of my life when I was 40. We have 3 kids (23, 21 and 21). I only started thinking about this surgery in January of this year, but that’s fine. I’m very excited about this, I may be 67 chronologically but in my head, I’m much younger.
Keep me posted and good luck! ❤️

Hi Marianne, age is just a number it's what you feel that matters😊 Congratulations on finding your true love not all of us are that fortunate! and if you feel this is the right time for you to look after yourself then you're on the right track! I'm 56 and have been a single mum of 3 for 23 years myself and I never thought of remarrying as I divoted myself to raising my kids now they're 35 33 and 27 and I have a grandchild as well♥️ who knows I may find true love too one day lol

Thank you for your good wishes all the best to you keep me posted please🙏🙏

Hang in there and if you're a Mom, Happy Mother's Day! My surgery is 5/18 and I'm reading like a maniac trying to figure out what's ahead. From everything I've seen so far, being exhausted, weak and scared happens a lot, but you should get a bit better every day. Try to keep sipping Water and getting some Protein in and know that there's a lady in Santa Barbara, CA who is rooting for your quick recovery! If you are able to, I would love to keep in touch, hear about your progress.

I'm May 18 and start a one week liquid fast this Tuesday.

My head is spinning from reading so many books/articles/blogs but the best information has come from reading everyone's comments in this forum. You guys are all so kind and helpful. Your comments and responses make me hopeful that I can pull this off and be a part of your supportive community!

I'm 78 (very healthy) and hope to blaze a trail for older people who still want to stay active. Even just one lb. a year adds up to an "obese" BMI . Very discouraging.

Good luck to all of the May surgeries . . . new life is right around the corner.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:35 PM, Merill said:

I'm also due on May 16th with gastric bypass + hiatal hernia repair, hope all goes well with you please keep me updated on how you go post surgery.

Best wishes.

Thanks so much! Only 1 week away now, I can’t believe it. Good luck to you!

59 minutes ago, Dani1491 said:

Thanks so much! Only 1 week away now, I can’t believe it. Good luck to you!

Thanks Danni not long to go if I don't get postponed again that is! Good luck to you too and please keep me updated on how you go post surgery🙏🙏🙏

D day today. In and hour my sister is picking me up to get the bypass done. This is all very real now. One small step for the surgeon. One giant leap for me. See you on the other side.

New to this site tonight. May 24th RNY

🎈Best wishes to everyone who is having a procedure done tomorrow🎈
And continued healing thoughts going to all of you who are in recovery! ❤️.

May 25th!! Start Pre-Op liver reduction/liquid diet 5/10/22.