Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

22 minutes ago, mil_unloaded said:

I have just the one blister so far, and my steri-strips are slowly falling off. I’m keep an eye on it. I see my doctor via telehealth tomorrow at 3pm (Pacific), so I’m wondering if she will tell me to just take them off. The incision sites feel ok so far, but I don’t know if they could turn for the worse?

oh, ok. That is good news. Yes, sounds like you are good. When you said blisters, it brought back some bad memories for me. I'm so glad everything is going good for you.

I hit my first stall a week and a half ago. I just started losing again this morning. I knew it was going to happen based on others posts but it was still stressful. I’m a little over a month out. I’m now down 17 pounds down. I really want to hit the 20 pound mark before going back to work.

5 hours ago, K Be Good! said:

I hit my first stall a week and a half ago. I just started losing again this morning. I knew it was going to happen based on others posts but it was still stressful. I’m a little over a month out. I’m now down 17 pounds down. I really want to hit the 20 pound mark before going back to work.

That’s awesome!! Sorry you hit your first stall! Glad it didn’t last too long for you! I like to weigh everyday but right now I’ve decided once a week only for a while.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:35 AM, K Be Good! said:

I had my surgery on 12/02, so I am 5-1/2 weeks after surgery. In that time I am -31 lbs and couldn't be happier in my decision. I too hit a wall of sorts and for 8 days, I only lost 2 lbs. I think the body needs time to transition to your new diet changes and also to work out it's new way to digest food. I am found that some days I feel hungry and others I could go 1/2 the day without eating. To me, I have kept a Protein Shake to start the day in my daily ritual along with an egg of some sort.

Do you find that sometimes you can take a bite of something and be full, yet other times you can eat more freely and almost feel like you ate too much afterwards?

So I had my surgery on 12/9 and I'm currently down 61lbs from 412 but my nutritionist said she expected more. I've also been having terrible bouts with gout for the past three weeks so exercise has been at a minimum.

Are either of these things normal?

On 01/11/2021 at 14:18, Bucky0126 said:

I had my surgery on 12/02, so I am 5-1/2 weeks after surgery. In that time I am -31 lbs and couldn't be happier in my decision. I too hit a wall of sorts and for 8 days, I only lost 2 lbs. I think the body needs time to transition to your new diet changes and also to work out it's new way to digest food. I am found that some days I feel hungry and others I could go 1/2 the day without eating. To me, I have kept a Protein Shake to start the day in my daily ritual along with an egg of some sort.

Do you find that sometimes you can take a bite of something and be full, yet other times you can eat more freely and almost feel like you ate too much afterwards?

Yes my “appetite” varies quite a bit. I hit another stall after losing 2 more pounds. Maybe I will switch to weighing once a week as well.

On 1/11/2021 at 2:18 PM, Bucky0126 said:

Yes, before I was able to drink more. Now I can’t even get my Protein Shakes down. I feel kinda disgusted when I drink or try to eat anything. 😞 I’m not getting enough in and feel weak.

The situation in Australia may be different, but the surgeon or the hospital staff couldn't careless how I got home (or how I got back to the hotel in my instance), that's not to say I consider it bad, but once I was released I was able to walk out of the ward on my steam and wait downstairs for my uber. I went back to my hotel, and the very next day was on a flight home, I was delivered to the airport in the same uber.
I'm in Qld and my doc wouldn't release me to anyone but my nominated person (husband). He spoke to him about what to look out for. I guess different surgeons do it different ways.

Officially stalling over here. Been around 271 for a week now. Sigh.

6 hours ago, mil_unloaded said:

Officially stalling over here. Been around 271 for a week now. Sigh.

That's the worst! I just broke through one myself! Won't be long!!!

Does anyone find themselves with hiccups a lot? I find after I eat, a lot of times I get the hiccups. It could be my hiatal hernia repair and not the sleeve.

1 hour ago, K Be Good! said:

Does anyone find themselves with hiccups a lot? I find after I eat, a lot of times I get the hiccups. It could be my hiatal hernia repair and not the sleeve.

Yes. I just had a sleeve, no hernia repair. I constantly have them! Especially after drinking or eating.

Checking in! How is everyone doing?!

3 hours ago, RTL1234 said:

Checking in! How is everyone doing?!

Starting to lose again after another stall. I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow but I caught a virus. Going to go get COVID tested. Probably won’t go back until Tuesday now.

1 hour ago, K Be Good! said:

Starting to lose again after another stall. I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow but I caught a virus. Going to go get COVID tested. Probably won’t go back until Tuesday now.

Yay for breaking through the stall! I’m 3.5 weeks out and I am so ready to be off purées. I’m over them entirely. It’s been frustrating. I know it could be worse, so I’m grateful I only have another week and I can start soft foods.

Sorry you are sick! That’s no good!! I hope it’s not covid! I go back the end of January. Part of me is ready and excited, and part of me has enjoyed the extra time with the kiddos!