Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Checking in! How is everyone doing?! Hopefully well!

Today I "meal" prepped some more purees. Egg salad, chicken salad (which I'm usually not a fan of but it tasted so good lol), and buffalo chicken dip puree. I've been eating between 1.5-2oz each meal. Today has only been 2x, its just one of those days I just don't feel like eating much though I've gotten Protein with the shake too.

Im doing pretty well. I’m also on purées. I can fit in all purées and one shake. So I am getting there. I also don’t have to take tiny sips anymore. Just normal ones. Not huge gulps but normal drinks. I’ve lost 14lbs in 9 days. Unfortunately I had a reaction to my surgical glue and broke out in a red rash around each incision. I had to go on prednisone from my surgeon with protonix and benedryl that makes me so sleepy. Other than that, no pain. I feel great! Feeling very happy (albeit itchy). Can’t wait till that subsides and I’ll be at 100%. :) hope everyone else is having a good recovery!

Doing ok over here! Down 2.2lb since operation day! Still having some minor gas pains, and some pain where they biopsied my liver. Doing well on my liquid diet. I have my first post-op on 1/6, she will likely clear me to full liquids.

Glad to see everyone is chugging along!!

MIL - Do you have the same name on IG? I surf the hashtags over there and I was like that’s gotta be the same person lol. I don’t have a WLS IG so I don’t really do too much over there. No one knows I had surgery except some of my work and friends. My job at the hospital is like high school so I’m sure everyone will know in no time. 🙄🙄

ANewJourney - I hope the rash clears up soon! And the itchies! That’s the worst! I’ve been very itchy around my incisions, and the glue is peeling off which they said would be gone by my month appt. Isn’t it nice just to take normal drinks of something?! Lol!

I know I have no energy to go back to my job right now and I am very grateful to have a month off, but I am going crazy in the house with the kids. Especially not being able to pick my toddler up. It so aggravating. It’s so cold but I may bundle everyone up and just go to the park and walk slow. They said walking was okay after 2 weeks and I’m only 2 days away from that so I’m just ready. Change of scenery.

@RTL1234 yep! That’s me on IG! Feel free to follow me if you’d like! If not it’s all good!

My pain is minimal today, really. Getting up from sitting or sitting down is actually not too bad at all. I had to brace myself hard for that and now I can hop up pretty quickly. I’m having some diarrhea, but that’s to be expected on a liquid only diet, right? I’m staying pretty well hydrated. My throat feels a little tender sometimes but I think it’s just the intubation catching up to me, but my phlegm is almost gone. I’m trying to walk more today than I did the last two days, but we will see.

1 hour ago, mil_unloaded said:

@RTL1234 yep! That’s me on IG! Feel free to follow me if you’d like! If not it’s all good!

My pain is minimal today, really. Getting up from sitting or sitting down is actually not too bad at all. I had to brace myself hard for that and now I can hop up pretty quickly. I’m having some diarrhea, but that’s to be expected on a liquid only diet, right? I’m staying pretty well hydrated. My throat feels a little tender sometimes but I think it’s just the intubation catching up to me, but my phlegm is almost gone. I’m trying to walk more today than I did the last two days, but we will see.

Yes on the diarrhea 😢. I was like oh I’m going to be constipated...nope. Quite the opposite! It has gotten better though once I started purées.

01/03/2021 11:15 AM, RTL1234 said:

Glad to see everyone is chugging along!!

MIL - Do you have the same name on IG? I surf the hashtags over there and I was like that’s gotta be the same person lol. I don’t have a WLS IG so I don’t really do too much over there. No one knows I had surgery except some of my work and friends. My job at the hospital is like high school so I’m sure everyone will know in no time. 🙄🙄

ANewJourney - I hope the rash clears up soon! And the itchies! That’s the worst! I’ve been very itchy around my incisions, and the glue is peeling off which they said would be gone by my month appt. Isn’t it nice just to take normal drinks of something?! Lol!

I know I have no energy to go back to my job right now and I am very grateful to have a month off, but I am going crazy in the house with the kids. Especially not being able to pick my toddler up. It so aggravating. It’s so cold but I may bundle everyone up and just go to the park and walk slow. They said walking was okay after 2 weeks and I’m only 2 days away from that so I’m just ready. Change of scenery.

The itch is so stupid. I wish I had told them to suture me up. The surgeon said I even had a reaction to the antiseptic. I have great skin for healing but not when it comes to be allergic to things. I get it from my mom! Glad yours are doing well!

I also need another week. I am going to email my boss tonight and take the rest of my time left from 2020 (it rolled over this year) so I have five extra days. I feel bad but I’m not at 100% yet.

I also had diarrhea. The Fiber and colace made it worse. So I was taken off it. After the purées and being off them, I’m much better.

I have an IG dedicated to this journey of anyone wanted to follow and I’d love to follow you lovely people! :) Mine is ANewJourneyAwaiting if you want to follow me.

I can’t wait to start being able to walk longer distances and start exercising. I can’t imagine it being cold as I live in Florida. It’s been just perfect days here. 

I have a small blister near one of my steri-strips, and the closest I can figure online is that I might be having an allergic reaction to the adhesive. Anyone know anything about that? I have a follow up with my surgeon on Wednesday, so it’s just a couple of days. Thankfully it doesn’t hurt any more than the incision site does. My abdomen still itches quite a bit, I told myself “that means it’s healing!” ...and now I have this blister.

I’ve dropped 7 pounds since surgery, and it’s blowing my mind!

19 hours ago, RTL1234 said:

Yes on the diarrhea 😢. I was like oh I’m going to be constipated...nope. Quite the opposite! It has gotten better though once I started purées.

I have IBS-D, so I’m used to having a leaky faucet down there... lol but at the same time I had friends tell me “oh you’ll be constipaited,” and I thought for once... Nay? Is this regularity!? Lol

On 12/28/2020 at 7:31 PM, ANewJourneyAwaits said:

Rachel, my sleeve blush has gotten better but I had a reaction to the pain meds they gave me. I’m not in so much pain now but I feel still loopy and I’m on day 4.

it does in fact get better.

MIL - IBS-D sounds awful!!! Maybe regularity will be in your life soon! Lol!

ANewJourney - I’m glad you made that other post. It made me feel good to feel like I’m not alone! My Water goes through fine too. It almost feels wrong or something.

@mil_unloaded I had a terrible reaction to the surgical glue. Just be sure to watch it.

@RTL1234 Right?! I can drink pretty normally and it felt wrong? I just expected to not like the same stuff, have a harder time eating, and not be able to drink. I feel great today other than my incisions. I even went for a 30 minute walk today. Felt nice to get some Vitamin D and fresh air.

I think that I posted a response to wrong person. sorry.

Edited by RhondaHigdon

14 hours ago, mil_unloaded said:

I have a small blister near one of my steri-strips, and the closest I can figure online is that I might be having an allergic reaction to the adhesive. Anyone know anything about that? I have a follow up with my surgeon on Wednesday, so it’s just a couple of days. Thankfully it doesn’t hurt any more than the incision site does. My abdomen still itches quite a bit, I told myself “that means it’s healing!” ...and now I have this blister.

I’ve dropped 7 pounds since surgery, and it’s blowing my mind!

I am allergic to steri-strips. They do me the same way. If you don't have them off , you need to inform you dt right away and take them off. It could make it harder for your incisions to heal as fast, I mean if you get more blisters. I just thought Id share this. I informed my Dr up front, but he told me to remind him when I come to his office after surgery? Hope this helps. I'm sorry to hear this for you, but really I did fine without them

9 hours ago, RhondaHigdon said:

I am allergic to steri-strips. They do me the same way. If you don't have them off , you need to inform you dt right away and take them off. It could make it harder for your incisions to heal as fast, I mean if you get more blisters. I just thought Id share this. I informed my Dr up front, but he told me to remind him when I come to his office after surgery? Hope this helps. I'm sorry to hear this for you, but really I did fine without them

I have just the one blister so far, and my steri-strips are slowly falling off. I’m keep an eye on it. I see my doctor via telehealth tomorrow at 3pm (Pacific), so I’m wondering if she will tell me to just take them off. The incision sites feel ok so far, but I don’t know if they could turn for the worse?