Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

47 minutes ago, K Be Good! said:

On a side note I didn’t realize how much I missed crossing my legs.

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

LOL me too. Funny how we take that simple thing for granted.

3 hours ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

LOL me too. Funny how we take that simple thing for granted.

tying my shoes without going to the side..... the little things do matter :P

So I’ve only been doing light to moderate cardio since surgery. I’m starting to feel my muscle mass decreasing. It’s hard to lift things and such. I’ve been thinking about starting Insanity again. I’ve done it off and on in the past. I’m worried it’s going to make me hungry. What are you all doing to maintain your muscle?

That’s awesome!!

I’ve been working out with my husband 3 days a week doing strength circuits. It really has helped because I’ve felt just wimpy.

As for the Biotin, that’s why I got the patch. I cannot stomach chewing Vitamins. 🤮

Hey all! I’ve been crazy busy, thus my absence!

Non-surgically related: My youngest kid started preschool on Tuesday, and I’m also back to work. My oldest is in pre-K... So it’s filling my schedule. My husband and I also procured our first COVID vaccine (our kids are special needs so we qualified!).

Surgically related: Feeling good physically, my brain is in a weird spot where I don’t want to eat. I’ve gotten food stuck a couple of times and vomited it up. I don’t know if it’s that, or no desire to cook because I can eat so little. I’m not sure. But I’ve got a call into my nutritionist and hopefully I can also talk to the program psychologist and see if we can’t work this out. I vary. Some days I have 600 calories, but most I have 250-350 calories—and a lot of it is the oat milk I’m putting in my coffee (soy was consitpating me BAD).

Down to 254.2 this morning! Down to a size 1X shirts (and even they’re getting baggy!), but still a 20/22 in jeans.

I jogged for 8 minutes straight!

I can do my basic daily workouts, with only minimal burnout during core. Upper and lower body I’m smashing.

Hope you are all doing well!

Edited by mil_unloaded

25 minutes ago, mil_unloaded said:

Non-surgically related: My youngest kid started preschool on Tuesday, and I’m also back to work. My oldest is in pre-K... So it’s filling my schedule. My husband and I also procured our first COVID vaccine (our kids are special needs so we qualified!).

Surgically related: Feeling good physically, my brain is in a weird spot where I don’t want to eat. I’ve gotten food stuck a couple of times and vomited it up. I don’t know if it’s that, or no desire to cook because I can eat so little. I’m not sure. But I’ve got a call into my nutritionist and hopefully I can also talk to the program psychologist and see if we can’t work this out. I vary. Some days I have 600 calories, but most I have 250-350 calories—and a lot of it is the oat milk I’m putting in my coffee (soy was consitpating me BAD).

Down to 254.2 this morning! Down to a size 1X shirts (and even they’re getting baggy!), but still a 20/22 in jeans.

I can do my basic daily workouts, with only minimal burnout during core. Upper and lower body I’m smashing.

Congratultions and good luck on your journey! You are well on your way!!

On 2/18/2021 at 8:45 AM, mil_unloaded said:

You are doing awesome!!! 💪🏼

It’s gotten so quiet! Things here are good. I’m eating about 600-800 calories a day. Still struggling to get my Water in, but hitting Protein goals easily. Which is nice! I’m ready for a salad, my program doesn’t do lettuce/greens until 3 months (week 9 now) so I’m thinking about trying one and seeing what happens!

I'm down to 213, which has been nice. I’ve went down two Jean sizes but I don’t want to buy more clothes yet lol. I don’t hardly go anywhere anyway! So leggings it is. I’ve started adding more strength training which i am hoping is helpful to getting me stronger and having more stamina.

Cant wait to hear how others are doing!!

Between the weight loss, the mask, and the new haircut I’m officially unrecognizable. It is very interesting.

It has been quiet and I guess I've not posted much either. I was fortunate to have someone that was about my age and size that had the surgery and walked this journey 2 years in front of me. I've also been texting a with a guy from our group that again, about my size and had the December surgery. The process is so unique to each of us as individuals that sharing experiences is great, but the drive and passion absolutely come from within. I feel like i know when I am doing well way before my scale says so. I am losing the weight as planned, walking/ jogging on treadmill 5-6 times per week and eating fairly well. When I deviate from the food plan, I know it comes with risks of my stomach disliking it (milk/ red meat) and even having a 1-2 day weight gain because of those choices. I've dabbled with alcohol, albeit, maybe 1-2 glasses of red wine from time to time and have had no bad side affects. Yesterday when I stepped on the scale in the morning and saw 244.7 lbs. I was very happy and declared yesterday a cheat day. I didn't go wild, but I made a small dish of my favorite nachos and ate about 1/3 of a box of whoppers. Didn't feel guilty in the least, but I made sure to get up this morning and put my 20 minutes of walking/ jogging in with 10 minutes of resistance bands.

I'm not perfect by any means, but I am dedicated to the process and make sure that with each speed bump (planned or unplanned) that I follow it up with some good decisions to even things out. Fearing that I turn one cheat day/ bad day into 2 or 3 is my drive to stay focused. That's my 60 days post surgery story, what's yours?

5 minutes ago, Bucky0126 said:

It has been quiet and I guess I've not posted much either. I was fortunate to have someone that was about my age and size that had the surgery and walked this journey 2 years in front of me. I've also been texting a with a guy from our group that again, about my size and had the December surgery. The process is so unique to each of us as individuals that sharing experiences is great, but the drive and passion absolutely come from within. I feel like i know when I am doing well way before my scale says so. I am losing the weight as planned, walking/ jogging on treadmill 5-6 times per week and eating fairly well. When I deviate from the food plan, I know it comes with risks of my stomach disliking it (milk/ red meat) and even having a 1-2 day weight gain because of those choices. I've dabbled with alcohol, albeit, maybe 1-2 glasses of red wine from time to time and have had no bad side affects. Yesterday when I stepped on the scale in the morning and saw 244.7 lbs. I was very happy and declared yesterday a cheat day. I didn't go wild, but I made a small dish of my favorite nachos and ate about 1/3 of a box of whoppers. Didn't feel guilty in the least, but I made sure to get up this morning and put my 20 minutes of walking/ jogging in with 10 minutes of resistance bands.

I'm not perfect by any means, but I am dedicated to the process and make sure that with each speed bump (planned or unplanned) that I follow it up with some good decisions to even things out. Fearing that I turn one cheat day/ bad day into 2 or 3 is my drive to stay focused. That's my 60 days post surgery story, what's yours?

When did you have your surgery and what did you weigh? I feel cheated because I was sheduled for 12/16 but postponed 9 weeks due to covid spike.

2 minutes ago, Tim C said:

When did you have your surgery and what did you weigh? I feel cheated because I was sheduled for 12/16 but postponed 9 weeks due to covid spike.

I started my journey 351 lbs on 1/01/20 and when I had surgery 12/2/20 I weighed 302 lbs. So -107 lbs in 14 months, but -58 lbs since surgery on 12/2/20.

As I near my 3 month / 90 day surgiversary, I'm reflecting more and more on how we got here on the first place. I feel like a broken record and I'm pretty sure I'm over thinking to avoid facing my true feelings. I have also reached out to a member here and I need to do a better job of keeping us accountable. My first couple months of loss were astronomical and now I've slowed down quite a bit. I find old hungers coming back but I'm also exercising 6 days a week. I'm trying to keep my Water and Protein intake high and my carb intake low. I figure if I keep my goals simple and work on making newer and healthier habits automatic, I'll be better off in the long run.

If i'm going to be honest.... I've always known that the hard work was NOW and that surgery does NOT fix the head.

Looking forward to any other words of wisdom out there when it comes to squashing the old sh1tty habits that all got us here in the first place.

On 3/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, David_L said:

As I near my 3 month / 90 day surgiversary, I'm reflecting more and more on how we got here on the first place. I feel like a broken record and I'm pretty sure I'm over thinking to avoid facing my true feelings. I have also reached out to a member here and I need to do a better job of keeping us accountable. My first couple months of loss were astronomical and now I've slowed down quite a bit. I find old hungers coming back but I'm also exercising 6 days a week. I'm trying to keep my Water and Protein intake high and my carb intake low. I figure if I keep my goals simple and work on making newer and healthier habits automatic, I'll be better off in the long run.

If i'm going to be honest.... I've always known that the hard work was NOW and that surgery does NOT fix the head.

Looking forward to any other words of wisdom out there when it comes to squashing the old sh1tty habits that all got us here in the first place.

Just by putting this post out there, you're acknowledging some internal struggles and by not keeping it a secret to yourself, you're making YOU more accountable! Best of luck, we are all pulling for you and all the other candidates as you're right, the brain didn't get the surgery, our stomachs did.

38 minutes ago, Bucky0126 said:

Just by putting this post out there, you're acknowledging some internal struggles and by not keeping it a secret to yourself, you're making YOU more accountable! Best of luck, we are all pulling for you and all the other candidates as you're right, the brain didn't get the surgery, our stomachs did.

How much weight have you lost since surgery day?