Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

12 hours ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

Welcome!! I’m an RNY 1/27 twin as well!! I’m super lucky as I don’t even feel like I have had surgery- until I eat that is! I eat 2-3 ounces and I’m like YEP. Somethings different. or if I forget and gulp and big swallow of water- that’s the worst. That’s actually the only things that’s come back up so far... PTL.

So far our January group has been super active. You’ve come to the right place!!

Thanks, I'm excited to be here and see how I'm doing compared to others. Fortunately Water has been my lowest issue, I've always been a big water drinker so I'm happy about that. This morning I ate almost 2 whole eggs, not bad.

2 hours ago, ashleybrooke378 said:

I am 6 days post op and actually feeling hungry today. Can I eat anything?

It all depends on what diet your surgeon advised. Are you still on liquids, on purees or soft food? I've had a few hungry days too.

2 hours ago, ashleybrooke378 said:

My doctors diet plan kept me on liquids the first two weeks, so definitely check with what yours advises.

4 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I drank so much on the car ride over in about to explode !
Chicago is great! Super fun place for families!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Have fun! Let us know it goes eating while traveling and how your energy holds out.

8 hours ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

40# down this morning!! 17# since surgery 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I love this tool.

40 lbs gone!!! You go, girl! 👍

How is everyone’s loss going? Anyone want to share stats?
Starting 289
Current 255
Goal 150
Height 5’8”

Have fun! Let us know it goes eating while traveling and how your energy holds out.
So far so good! I made it a huge point to hydrate the crap outta myself and feel good energy wise. I carry around one of those Gatorade squirt bottles and it's made a HUGE difference in getting in my fluids. It seems stupid but when you have to open your water bottle every 35 seconds to take a sip it comes to pain in the ass when you're out and about. But if you have the square bottle I just took it out and would take little squirts all throughout the day. I also had a p3 pack with turkey and cheddar (husband ate the nuts) in the car ride so I'd have energy to walk the museum - hit 10k steps today already.

Kids wanted rainforest Cafe for lunch so this was my first time eating out since surgery and still on soft foods. They had an ahi poke tower on the app menu which was ahi, avocado Tomato with wonton chips and a small salad. I ate the avocado and ahi and it was perfect! Probably around 3 ounces total and I felt full but not overly so.

Tomorrow is Medieval times and I'm sure my husband will be eating most of my meal haha but if I remember correctly they do have Soup so I'll have something. I also have been carrying around those Justin's nut butter packets so I always have access to Protein if I need it.

Yeah it definitely depends. The recommendations are so varied.

4 hours ago, ashleybrooke378 said:

If you are on full liquids you should be able to have sugar free Jello & sugar free pudding.

5 hours ago, PostVSGandKeto said:

I've lost about 13lbs since surgery, but I'm hoping I just hit my stall early and my body will pick up soon. Sweet potato with Protein Powder sounds like such a good idea!

Stalls come and go imho. Last week I lost two pounds, I officially weigh myself every Friday. Hoped on the scale today and was down three pounds since Friday. Go figure. My thinking is that it will all average out in the long run. (At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself)

11 minutes ago, Uomograsso said:

Stalls come and go imho. Last week I lost two pounds, I officially weigh myself every Friday. Hoped on the scale today and was down three pounds since Friday. Go figure. My thinking is that it will all average out in the long run. (At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself)

Yeah, it makes sense, anytime the body loses weight it takes a toll and needs to recover,, especially with us being so calorie deprived. I weigh myself every Tuesday, curious to see how this week went.

My stats:

HW: 286

Surgery weight: 257

CW: 243

GW: tbd, but I think I'd be happy at 150

Height: 5'2.5

HW: 238
Surgery weight: 228 (1/6/20)
CW: 204.4
GW: 150
Height: 5’5”

Everyone is doing great! Are people who don't know you had surgery commenting on your weight loss yet? I thought for sure someone would say something at church today, but nope. I can tell for sure because I can wear clothes I haven't been able to wear in a few years. I was wearing an 18, and sometimes a 20, and now I'm wearing a 16. I guess that's just not that big of a change for people to notice, but it is to me!

My stats are up to date on my profile.