Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sophomoreville - A Home For The the Tweeners

9 minutes ago, Roxine said:

This is not a form fitting dress. It does have give. But it zipped up easily and just makes me feel like a million bucks :) I've been in a size 6 for the past month or so in more structured dresses. And, as we all know - sizes vary from designer to designer.

Yeah my 12 yr old is a size 4 so It's all relative to what the item is and by designer for sure...

My 26-year-old daughter is a size 4/6 at 5'9", 130 pounds. I still can't believe I gave birth to that child. OK, when she was born she weighed 10lb 3oz. That part I can believe 😁

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

18 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

OMG universal sizes. PLEASE!!! Need so dang bad!

I'm 151 this morning and 5'4" (barely) and seriously, I tried on an Ann Taylor size 12 dress that fits like a glove (TY Sissy!) and where stretchy jeans from size 8 to a size 12! Derp! I wear a size M or L top depending. But it's all over the board! And if it's not stretchy? I'm probably in a 14-16!! And it's all store-dependent! Gah!

Yes it's a hot mess

My 12 yr old is a universal 4, my 13 yr old is a universal 6,

I am just at odds with the universe when it comes to my size

Edited by GreenTealael

I honestly do not know what size I was at the beginning because I did not have any clothes that fit other than super stretchy leggings/jeggings that I wore all the time. I think the largest size was 22W. At almost 8 months out I have gotten rid of everything with a W in my closet and am currently wearing a regular XL or a L in some things. I just bought a pair of Seven7 skinny jeans in a size 16 that fit well. I bought the same ones in a 14 for the future but I can a$$shove my way into them but they are not appropriate for public wear. My motorcycle jeans are 14 and 16 and fit fine. I have done well as I have gone down selling things on eBay---especially new stuff that I missed the window on. I still have (many) jeans down to a size 12.

Since I am no longer working I do not wear dresses and and they and my dress pants from before are mostly too big. I need to go through them and weed out sellable vs. donations. If I do decide to go back to work I will have to get some new stuff but still deciding.

I think this thread is great since we have a lot in common and I do not think it was designed to exclude anyone but these days it seems there is something about EVERYTHING that offends SOMEONE. Why not just avoid participating in a thread instead of calling people names?

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Yes it's a hot mess

My 12 yr old is a universal 4, my 13 yr old is a universal 6,

I am just at odds with the universe when it comes to my size

And this is me sneaking to wear their too tight clothes before they come home from school...

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1540406816062_FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

I was somewhere around the 22W range, now I’m solidly a 10/12. My family got me a delicious subzero coat for Christmas and it’s an L and fits absolutely perfectly, which shocked the hell out of me, I haven’t worn anything non-stretchy in L in a decade. It’s possible I’ll lose up to 50 lbs more and I honestly don’t know where it would come from. If I lose another 25 I’ll be chuffed, if I don’t lose another pound I’ll be fine. I am now Normal Human Woman Size, which makes life infinitely easier.

As forewarned, I miss my breasts. I mean, they’re still here and attached to me, but barely. If I take off my bra it’s like a handful of Gak, which is entertaining but not very sexy. I think it’ll be the first thing I overhaul. I’m also starting to feel the seriously unnerving sensation of the skin on my thighs moving in a slight time-delay from the muscle within? I’ll step, and then feel the aftershocks across my skin. Hmmmmmmm. I am also getting a tiny little turkey goiter and am going to look into weird spa treatments with ultrasound and lasers because why the hell not.

But when I’m wearing clothes I look and feel killer, so big whoop.

And this is me sneaking to wear their too tight clothes before they come home from school...

Steal that outfit immediately.

Edited by sideeye

4 minutes ago, sideeye said:

I’m also starting to feel the seriously unnerving sensation of the skin on my thighs moving in a slight time-delay from the muscle within?

OMgosh, if this were all I felt, it would be awesome! Does anyone else actually sit on wrinkles of skin around their ass? AAARRRRGGGGHHH! YUCK! It's like I sat on a folded up newspaper or something, but there's nothing there but me!

3 hours ago, Roxine said:

Thanks @Orchids&Dragons ! I'm 5'3" and evenly proportioned I guess :) I didn't believe it either - like I was wearing a size 4 jeans but they were from Dress barn and a bit stretchy, so I thought their sizes must be larger than other stores - to make us feel better...hahahah But then I went to Ann Taylor Loft this week and just for fun, decided to try on the size 4 dress - and it fits! My bra size is 36DD (so happy I didn't lose my breasts, though they will need a lift/aug) and my waist size is 28. I haven't measured my hips lately but will do so this weekend. One thing I LOVE about my new body is being able to wear knee high and thigh high boots! I've always wanted to wear them and now I can. Plus thigh highs means you can wear shorter skirts! LOL I think I'm looking pretty good for 50!

size 4.jpg

oh hey~ I *love* those boots!!! So fun !! and they make your legs look a mile long!

You look great!

Edited by SimoneMonet
grammar correction

It sounds like everyone had a good holiday!

I love @sideeye opportunistic atheist. I will also happily appropriate any culture's food and make it part of my tradition, see Xmas eve tamales for example!

As a tangent on that topic. I've been going to a friend's Passover Seder for years. I don't know if I don't dig Passover food, or it's just a family of mediocre cooks, but it's kinda sad what I look forward to most is roasted carrots every year :unsure:

My holiday was good. Tamales for Xmas eve were delicious, as expected. My uncle's smoked prime rib blows every prime rib I've ever had out of the Water, including my own! I had a very Protein centric Xmas meal. Smoked Ahi Belly, Poke and Prime Rib mostly. Unlike me, as I'm a total carb wh*re! One gripe though, no leftover were sent home! WTH! There was plenty of food left to distribute. :angry: :angry:

20 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I created a January 2019 challenge for everyone to participate in where they can set their own goal but this time maximum participation efforts requested. And incentives....

I'm just trying to find where I can maintain. I have this fantasy where I have no off limits foods, and I can maintain. We'll see!

Ok, do y'all notice this:

That despite the 3-6months of pre-op "diet and behavior practice" + the 6+ months post op where you kinda have "enforced" or "semi-enforced" compliance with the continued work on developing good habits and behaviors...that it's ALWAYS easier to be a good girl and make healthy choices when you're in your own environment on your old schedules?

Today is the first day literally in almost a month where I'm home, and things are basically routine and I'm fairly shocked how easy it's been to revert to my old boring stand-by meals/meal schedule.

This morning I have my beloved "super egg mcmuffinless wrap" made with a pre-cooked Jimmy Dean turkey sausage, egg whites and egg and a 1/2piece of lite cheese wrapped in baby super greens. With a side of grape tomatoes. Yummy!

super-egg-mcmuffinless-wrap_3752web.thumb.jpg.a1c75b63780b633230374f396d084df1.jpg

And for lunch I had a turkey rollup with super greens and grape tomatoes. Easy Peasy. And super on track.

Now whyyyyyy do I have so much difficulty making "good choices" when I'm out foxing around with Mr. F and not in my environment?

Do you guys experience the same issues with behaviors?

Edited by FluffyChix

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, do y'all notice this:

That despite the 3-6months of pre-op "diet and behavior practice" + the 6+ months post op where you kinda have "enforced" or "semi-enforced" compliance with the continued work on developing good habits and behaviors...that it's ALWAYS easier to be a good girl and make healthy choices when you're in your own environment on your old schedules?

Today is the first day literally in almost a month where I'm home, and things are basically routine and I'm fairly shocked how easy it's been to revert to my old boring stand-by meals/meal schedule.

This morning I have my beloved "super egg mcmuffinless wrap" made with a pre-cooked Jimmy Dean turkey sausage, egg whites and egg and a 1/2piece of lite cheese wrapped in baby super greens. With a side of grape tomatoes. Yummy! And for lunch I had a turkey rollup with super greens and grape tomatoes. Easy Peasy. And super on track.

Now whyyyyyy do I have so much difficulty making "good choices" when I'm out foxing around with Mr. F and not in my environment?

Do you guys experience the same issues with behaviors?

I do well at work because I control what foods are available. At home, I have a lot more trouble because of all the non-dieters I live with.

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

I do well at work because I control what foods are available. At home, I have a lot more trouble because of all the non-dieters I live with.

Oh yeah. That would be HARRRRRRDDDDDDDD!!! I don't keep contraband in the house and Santa brought me a single package of white cheddar cheese nips...Guess what I had for Breakfast Christmas morning!?

How do you do it?

14 hours ago, sideeye said:

I like this space being 6 months+, it serves two purposes: screens out some of the topics that get brought up on literally every other thread in the forum, and groups together people in the same general phase of progress. It’s not like this same group of participants will stay static; new people will join and older ones will age out into the Vets space. So not a clique, just a phase.

There’s nothing wrong with what’s happening on other parts of the boards. It’s good that people are able to ask questions about the process on the forum, but once you’ve cleared the post-op figuring it all out phase and aren’t yet at maintenance, much of the forum threads just become rehashed stuff that you’ve read 100 times (and I’m not just talking about the topics; EVERY thread gravitates to the same post-op concerns). Then the options are to either leave the forum, spend a hell of a lot of time in the Rants section, or try to carve out a single thread with a different focus.

This is that thread. There’s a gap currently in the board’s design and this is an effort to bridge that gap.

Yes, all this!

I admit, I don't feel like a fit into most of the the rest of the board any more. For me, the losing phase was straight forward. Maximize Protein while minimizing calories, get lots of Fluid in. Simple, done! Maintenance is a whole new thing. There is no clear path. I feel like I'm predominantly going it alone, except for the few who have gathered on this thread, and a couple of others.

11 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

It sounds like everyone had a good holiday!

I love @sideeye opportunistic atheist. I will also happily appropriate any culture's food and make it part of my tradition, see Xmas eve tamales for example!

As a tangent on that topic. I've been going to a friend's Passover Seder for years. I don't know if I don't dig Passover food, or it's just a family of mediocre cooks, but it's kinda sad what I look forward to most is roasted carrots every year :unsure:

My holiday was good. Tamales for Xmas eve were delicious, as expected. My uncle's smoked prime rib blows every prime rib I've ever had out of the Water, including my own! I had a very Protein centric Xmas meal. Smoked Ahi Belly, Poke and Prime Rib mostly. Unlike me, as I'm a total carb wh*re! One gripe though, no leftover were sent home! WTH! There was plenty of food left to distribute. :angry: :angry:

I've said it before and will say it again...I want to be you when I grow up!!! (Or at least look like you do, have your pouch size, and own those boots you have in your closet on the second shelf from the right.) bahahahaha! Your Christmas menus sound FABulous!! Emphasis on the smoked prime rib and smoked ahi belly and poke. LOL, guess they didn't get the memo about "protein first" so they didnt' know to send the doggy bag? :D ;)