Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sophomoreville - A Home For The the Tweeners

17 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh yeah. That would be HARRRRRRDDDDDDDD!!! I don't keep contraband in the house and Santa brought me a single package of white cheddar cheese nips...Guess what I had for Breakfast Christmas morning!?

How do you do it?

Poorly and with ill-grace!

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

Poorly and with ill-grace!

I want to hug you and laugh all at the same time. Wish we could multiple like stuff! Do you go around like a giant martyr in your house? I'm afraid I would def. become one and would insist on wearing a halo and wings just to drive my point home. LOL.

Just now, FluffyChix said:

I want to hug you and laugh all at the same time. Wish we could multiple like stuff! Do you go around like a giant martyr in your house? I'm afraid I would def. become one and would insist on wearing a halo and wings just to drive my point home. LOL.

Actually, they're really sweet a lot of the time. Hubby grilled salmon last night and the boys will often ask what I'd like for dinner. Then other days they don't think about it and pick up cookies/cupcakes and stuff like that. I don't mind them having it; they're not overweight, but at least don't leave it in the middle of the kitchen counter. They're 6'3" for cryin' out loud. How about the top shelf of the cabinet? I've pretty much gotten used to pizza being served 3-4 times a week. (This would be Snacks, not actual meals.)

7 hours ago, BostonWLKC said:

A side topic—- anyone have any advice to firm up neck area?!?! Ugh

I have a turkey neck as well! Lots of wobbly bits other places, but those I can hide under clothes.

I have a neck lift on my wish list. I'm curious about recovery time, if I can sneak that procedure in without much time off traveling?

IMG_0884.thumb.jpg.c147e74fd50018bbb552f41d241f189e.jpg

I only notice when I take selfies. I need to learn to work my angles better! :P

10 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I have a turkey neck as well! Lots of wobbly bits other places, but those I can hide under clothes.

I have a neck lift on my wish list. I'm curious about recovery time, if I can sneak that procedure in without much time off traveling?

#wobblybits. Hahaha. Perfect! I love turtlenecks!!! :D

12 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I'm thinking the main reason I don't have #wobblybits yet is maybe cuz my neck is still fat? :D :51_scream:

Sizes .... yes, universal sizing, please!

I'm 5'3",

pre WLS - 240 lbs & size 20

At goal now 135-140 lbs, sizes, all over the places, but mostly size 8

I can almost forgive sizing being between brands. But the same brand, different cut pants, same sizes don't fit. Vince Camuto I wear both an 8 & 10, depending on the style, Wit & Wisdom, same thing. Now that drives me crazy.

In pants I have sizes between 6-10 in my closet, dresses 6-8. Anything sized S-M-L is a total crap shoot, I feel like I have an equal representation of all 3!

I think there is a lot of vanity sizing though. I fit into quite a few Smalls. I'm barely to a "normal" BMI. I think I am in true terms a M-L.

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Sizes .... yes, universal sizing, please!

I'm 5'3",

pre WLS - 240 lbs & size 20

At goal now 135-140 lbs, sizes, all over the places, but mostly size 8

I can almost forgive sizing being between brands. But the same brand, different cut pants, same sizes don't fit. Vince Camuto I wear both an 8 & 10, depending on the style, Wit & Wisdom, same thing. Now that drives me crazy.

In pants I have sizes between 6-10 in my closet, dresses 6-8. Anything sized S-M-L is a total crap shoot, I feel like I have an equal representation of all 3!

I think there is a lot of vanity sizing though. I fit into quite a few Smalls. I'm barely to a "normal" BMI. I think I am in true terms a M-L.

It's crazy making! Especially within a brand! Ugh!

2 hours ago, sideeye said:

As forewarned, I miss my breasts. I mean, they’re still here and attached to me, but barely. If I take off my bra it’s like a handful of Gak, which is entertaining but not very sexy. I think it’ll be the first thing I overhaul. I’m also starting to feel the seriously unnerving sensation of the skin on my thighs moving in a slight time-delay from the muscle within? I’ll step, and then feel the aftershocks across my skin. Hmmmmmmm. I am also getting a tiny little turkey goiter and am going to look into weird spa treatments with ultrasound and lasers because why the hell not.

But when I’m wearing clothes I look and feel killer, so big whoop.

OMG ... Gak breasts, yes, perfect description!

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm pleasantly surprised at how my deflated breasts look when sitting or standing. (They pancake when I lay down, or snoopy nose when I bend over, so that's not good) But the feel of them, yes, like Gak! It's disconcerting! The only thing I'm grateful for is new boo never knew my old non-Gak breasts. I don't think the consistency would be as weird to someone who has no point of comparison, I hope, right? Also hopefully the age range I date in has some realistic expectations, and don't have 20 yr old boobs as their point of reference.

You know what is a mood killer, You're doing some cardio, feeling sexy af, and you look down and see thigh skin pooling ... yes, pooling .... where thighs meet groin. Makes me want to turn off every light in the universe :blush:

Edited by sillykitty

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Now whyyyyyy do I have so much difficulty making "good choices" when I'm out foxing around with Mr. F and not in my environment?

Do you guys experience the same issues with behaviors?

I had that issue through out my weight loss phase. I rarely was strong enough to make good choices off of a restaurant menu. Considering how much I eat out, I really have my restriction to thank for making it to goal.

As I'm learning to maintain, I'm currently stretching boundaries and seeing how much I can get away with before I start to gain. But when I find that, yep, way simpler at home to eat well, then to choose an egg white omelet over biscuits and gravy when I'm away!

Ok, all caught up I think ....

What's everyone doing for NYE?

I'm going to Mexico (how come there is no Mexican flag emoji?)!

I booked this when I planning on having had plastic surgery in the fall and thought all I'd be able to do is lay by the pool and mix alcohol and painkillers :P But ps didn't happen, so I'll just be relaxing. Now relaxing isn't my kind of vacation, I like to see new places and do new things generally. But despite that I'll try to have a good time! :lol:

11 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I had that issue through out my weight loss phase. I rarely was strong enough to make good choices off of a restaurant menu. Considering how much I eat out, I really have my restriction to thank for making it to goal.

As I'm learning to maintain, I'm currently stretching boundaries and seeing how much I can get away with before I start to gain. But when I find that, yep, way simpler at home to eat well, then to choose an egg white omelet over biscuits and gravy when I'm away!

Yes! Exactly!!!! So far I'm still ordering egg white omelets, but this Christmas, I notice I'm stealing bites from his grits bowl and have a couple bites of his biscuit and gravy! And maybe a bite of hashbrowns while I'm at it. And it doesn't sound like much...but with as much as I can eat--I'm a little askeered. LOL.

Congrats on being below goal girlie. You've done SO well! I have absolutely no idea how you've been able to do what you do so very well in your industry! It's not just simply your restriction. I think you're also making better choices or setting limits that you may not be aware of. No one's tool does ALL the heavy lifting!! Congrats and thanks for always inspiring!

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Congrats on being below goal girlie. You've done SO well! I have absolutely no idea how you've been able to do what you do so very well in your industry! It's not just simply your restriction. I think you're also making better choices or setting limits that you may not be aware of. No one's tool does ALL the heavy lifting!! Congrats and thanks for always inspiring!

Thanks! :D

I did make better choices in the scheme of things. I do still do a pretty long IF fast nearly every day. But, really, my restriction along with lack of real hunger most of the time is what got me to goal. Now as I'm figuring out maintenance, I'm eating willy nilly, but definitely a small eating window and my restriction is keeping my cals lower than pre WLS for sure!

Just now, sillykitty said:

I did make better choices in the scheme of things. I do still do a pretty long IF fast nearly every day. But, really, my restriction along with lack of real hunger most of the time is what got me to goal. Now as I'm figuring out maintenance, I'm eating willy nilly, but definitely a small eating window and my restriction is keeping my cals lower than pre WLS for sure!

Bravo for hacking your bad self!!! I need to bookmark this so I can revisit it! But fairwarning...I'll be back to ask you how to do it! I've still got 15 or so to go to goal--maybe more--if my mind cooperates and gets back on the program! :D

5 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

About how long is your fast would you say? Also, if you visualized your meal portions by total volume, what do you think your volume is? :D