Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sophomoreville - A Home For The the Tweeners

34 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Welcome, @Roxine

This thread is really nice for us mid-range people approaching goal! Our surgeries were about 1 week apart. I started out a size 24, now fit size 12-14. I'm almost 5'7 and have no idea how some of you can fit into such small sizes. I am over-the-top jealous! I'm about 5 pounds from my initial goal of 150. Congrats on your amazing progress!

I agree! I'm 5'3" started at 250ish /24ish not around 155 and maybe a solid 10 off the rack now if I had to guess

But sizes y'all WTF!!! Can we talk about that, Because I'm going to need a universal standard to show up soon...

Edited by GreenTealael

51 minutes ago, Roxine said:

Finally to the topic of hair - my hair has thinned significantly and I have been wearing a topper for the better part of 4 months. I just ordered a second one as I think it may take at least a year for my hair to regrow back to what it was before.

I'm starting out with thin hair and trying to take Biotin to make sure I don't have a massive loss. However, just to plan, and so I'm educated - Is there a particular place you order from or can recommend for toppers?

Edited by SimoneMonet
finish thought

Thanks @Orchids&Dragons ! I'm 5'3" and evenly proportioned I guess :) I didn't believe it either - like I was wearing a size 4 jeans but they were from Dress barn and a bit stretchy, so I thought their sizes must be larger than other stores - to make us feel better...hahahah But then I went to Ann Taylor Loft this week and just for fun, decided to try on the size 4 dress - and it fits! My bra size is 36DD (so happy I didn't lose my breasts, though they will need a lift/aug) and my waist size is 28. I haven't measured my hips lately but will do so this weekend. One thing I LOVE about my new body is being able to wear knee high and thigh high boots! I've always wanted to wear them and now I can. Plus thigh highs means you can wear shorter skirts! LOL I think I'm looking pretty good for 50!

size 4.jpg

Size 4 side.jpg

47 minutes ago, Roxine said:

Hi - I Just spent the better part of 40 minutes reading through this thread. Thanks for creating it! As not yet vets, we do have different topics to talk about and I find it very refreshing to see many of you are dealing with the same things I am. Also, nothing on this site is exclusionary - you are free to post/read/or ignore anything you wish. Don't understand the whole "mean girl" exchange - that was quite disappointing to come across right at the end.

I was curious what size you all started at and what size you are wearing now.

For me, I was in a size 20 and typically shopped at Dress Barn. Today I put on my first size 4 dress (SIZE FOUR!) that I bought this week at Ann Taylor.

I still have about 8 more pounds I want to lose - I don't want to be too skinny. I think my BMI says I should get down to 140 but I think 150 will be a good weight on me. But who knows - maybe I'll hit the 140 eventually?

I started working out with a personal trainer which has helped with toning, but I do anticipate that I will have to do a breast aug/lift/neck lift/arms. I'm not too worried about my tummy/thighs - as someone said no matter how short my skirts are, no one will see that :) (And my skirts are getting shorter!!)

Finally to the topic of hair - my hair has thinned significantly and I have been wearing a topper for the better part of 4 months. I just ordered a second one as I think it may take at least a year for my hair to regrow back to what it was before.

Sorry for the long post - just catching up!

Roxine

Wooohooo! Welcome and glad you found us!!! Wooohooo on personal trainers and shaping that thin little bod girlie!!!

You look amazing and I'm so excited for your new Size 4 dress. Holy moly!!!! So wonderful and inspirational! Can't speak to the plastics part. Want it so bad--but you know, prolly won't ever get it. But I totally agree...the visible parts are the most important and having a "firm chest" is very visible! :D

Oh the hair though...*sigh* What topper do you use/love? What colors? I'm about to pull the trigger on one, but am so confused which way to go! I've no idea if my hair will ever return. :( And each week it gets thinner and thinner! I'm glad your's is growing back though!!!

(I've no idea what happened with the MG stuff. I just wanted to remind those who may have forgotten that sometimes it's important for a "like group" on a time line to hear from each other rather than those who may not know what we're going through at the moment. I am sure the VETS get this need. And I certainly respect their right to their own board! They deserve it. I certainly wouldn't go b***h about being excluded cuz I've not lived 18months or more with my new anatomy. Thinks that make you go hmmm...)

4 minutes ago, Roxine said:

Thanks @Orchids&Dragons ! I'm 5'3" and evenly proportioned I guess :) I didn't believe it either - like I was wearing a size 4 jeans but they were from Dress barn and a bit stretchy, so I thought their sizes must be larger than other stores - to make us feel better...hahahah But then I went to Ann Taylor Loft this week and just for fun, decided to try on the size 4 dress - and it fits! My bra size is 36DD (so happy I didn't lose my breasts, though they will need a lift/aug) and my waist size is 28. I haven't measured my hips lately but will do so this weekend. One thing I LOVE about my new body is being able to wear knee high and thigh high boots! I've always wanted to wear them and now I can. Plus thigh highs means you can wear shorter skirts! LOL I think I'm looking pretty good for 50!

size 4.jpg

Size 4 side.jpg

You wear a size 4 in all or sweater dresses?

Edited by GreenTealael

2 minutes ago, SimoneMonet said:

I'm starting out with thin hair and trying to take Biotin to make sure I don't have a massive loss. However, just to plan, and so I'm educated - Is there a particular place you order from or can recommend?

I go to a place called Cheryl's Health boutique here in Maryland. If you look up places that specialize in full wigs and toppers (typically cancer patients will go there to purchase items) they will have what you're looking for. I wear a topper that has clips that's easy to put into my hair - you can see in the picture above I am wearing it. It's by Jon Renau and it's the HD hair. The next one I get will be human hair as this one doesn't hold a curl like I'd like it to. Here's the web address for where I buy mine http://www.cherylshealthboutique.com/wigs-and-turbans

3 minutes ago, Roxine said:

size 4.jpg

Size 4 side.jpg

Holy moly you look fabulous and what a darling outfit!!!!! Weeeeee!!!! Size 4!!! It's official if you wear that size in 2 stores! ;)

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

You wear a size 4 in dresses?

That's what it says on the label :) And like I said, I bought it from Ann Taylor Loft. It is a bit stretchy so it's not restrictive, but I think it looks pretty good.

@Roxine You're looking amazing for 50! I think it's the waist measurement that's making the big size difference. I've always been more junior shaped. At my biggest I was a C cup, now a B. Very little difference in measurements from bust-waist-hip, but all much smaller than they used to be!

4 minutes ago, Roxine said:

That's what it says on the label :) And like I said, I bought it from Ann Taylor Loft. It is a bit stretchy so it's not restrictive, but I think it looks pretty good.

Then it must be right

CONGRATS 💜

Edited by GreenTealael

17 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I agree! I'm 5'3" started at 250ish /24ish not around 155 and maybe a solid 10 off the rack now if I had to guess

But sizes y'all WTF!!! Can we talk about that, Because I'm going to need a universal standard to show up soon...

OMG universal sizes. PLEASE!!! Need so dang bad!

I'm 151 this morning and 5'4" (barely) and seriously, I tried on an Ann Taylor size 12 dress that fits like a glove (TY Sissy!) and where stretchy jeans from size 8 to a size 12! Derp! I wear a size M or L top depending. But it's all over the board! And if it's not stretchy? I'm probably in a 14-16!! And it's all store-dependent! Gah!

13 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

You wear a size 4 in all or sweater dresses?

This is not a form fitting dress. It does have give. But it zipped up easily and just makes me feel like a million bucks :) I've been in a size 6 for the past month or so in more structured dresses. And, as we all know - sizes vary from designer to designer.

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

OMG universal sizes. PLEASE!!! Need so dang bad!

I'm 151 this morning and 5'4" (barely) and seriously, I tried on an Ann Taylor size 12 dress that fits like a glove (TY Sissy!) and where stretchy jeans from size 8 to a size 12! Derp! I wear a size M or L top depending. But it's all over the board! And if it's not stretchy? I'm probably in a 14-16!! And it's all store-dependent! Gah!

Agree - it is designer dependent. And can be frustrating! @FluffyChix if you have a Dress Barn near you - go try on their jeans in a size 6 or size 4, let me know if they fit :) Often times we don't think a size smaller will fit until we try it. I know I have girlfriends who think they know their size, but it's really dependent upon the style and cut of the pant/shirt/skirt or dress. It can also be a level of comfort - not thinking that the smaller size will look good. I am not claiming I am a size 4. I am claiming I am wearing a size 4 dress from Ann Taylor Loft :) LOL