Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Are you all right?

Yes we are both fine, im just traumatized (again... as this is my second major car wreck on Thanksgiving exactly 10 yrs apart. I know I should not focus on this type of thing but it's bothering me a bit)

But otherwise unscathed

20 minutes ago, Oct517 said:

Been following your story from afar. Very interesting turn of events. I hope you are both okay!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

We are both fine, I could use a lot less excitement from now on 😢😒

Promise me that on Thanksgiving you will merely walk from now on.
G4een Tealael, it is okay to keep him as a friend, but my feeling is: if he had been Mr Right instead Mr Pretty Nice to Know, the accident would have solidified the relationship, not come up," Wait a Minute" I have not given up on things, neither should YOU.

Storytime:

So at the behest of my beautiful pacific coaster (you know who you are 😉 ) I'm taking applications again.

I agree to a brunch date with this guy that 10yrs older than me. Not a big deal. He seemed nervous because I look how I'm supposed to (apparently Catfishing is real y'all) & down to earth and genuine but he talked about NOTHING but past failed relationships the ENTIRE DATE y'all. I had to redirect him constantly. I lost interest in conversations but never even noticed. I just ended up eating my Panera turkey chili. Towards the end I tried to turn it around to see if it could be salvaged because he wanted to see me again, but y'all- baggage. He seems nice but not my type of nice. I have no time to mend broke hearts and wounded souls, I have to be in Brazil in 2019. What do I do? Try a second date or respectfully decline if he asks again? I left it as tentative.

Edited by GreenTealael

Yay, you're dating again! So we will get good stories, and you will hopefully get a new workout partner! :lol:

But this one, nope, send him a standard let down text when he contacts you for you're next date. "I had fun, but I'm just not feeling a connection. I wish you the best of luck out there!"

He either is not over his exes, doesn't catch social cues, or it seems both. Those are two yellow/red flags for me, I'd move on.

5 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Yay, you're dating again! So we will get good stories, and you will hopefully get a new workout partner! :lol:

But this one, nope, send him a standard let down text when he contacts you for you're next date. "I had fun, but I'm just not feeling a connection. I wish you the best of luck out there!"

He either is not over his exes, doesn't catch social cues, or it seems both. Those are two yellow/red flags for me, I'd move on.

Ugh, he by far seemed the most straight shooting and innocuous out the gate. But first impressions are hard.

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Ugh, he by far seemed the most straight shooting and innocuous out the gate. But first impressions are hard.

Ok, well in that case, there is no harm in a second date. Maybe it was just nerves on his part.

Just now, sillykitty said:

Ok, well in that case, there is no harm in a second date. Maybe it was just nerves on his part.

No I think YOU are right. I'm not running a charity after all...

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You wouldn't be if you make it work for you. Any new restaurants, bars, coffee shops you want to try? Just make him meet you there. So if the date sucks, you can at least have had something better than Panera :lol:

10 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

You wouldn't be if you make it work for you. Any new restaurants, bars, coffee shops you want to try? Just make him meet you there. So if the date sucks, you can at least have had something better than Panera :lol:

Very true, I wonder how to make it tax deductible... LOL

I need to get my life together, I'm moving in

Edited by GreenTealael

Just now, GreenTealael said:

Very true, I wonder how to make it tax deductible... LOL

If you're self employed that is just another bonus of dating. At a minimum you get funny stories to tell your friends plus tax deductions. At best you get all that and cardio!

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

If you're self employed that is just another bonus of dating. At a minimum you get funny stories to tell your friends plus tax deductions. At best you get all that and cardio!

How on earth do I explained condoms to my accountant 😂

On 9/30/2018 at 6:33 PM, insta_adventurer said:
On 9/30/2018 at 6:25 PM, Frustr8 said:

I still maintain shul, mosque, church as a first resort, not bars and such. All you find in bars. are a scummy bottom feeding fish, the keepers swim in cleaner waters. You deserve the best, don't settle for Mr or Ms Better-than- nothing!👪

Hey now.. I am the product of a barmance that turned into a very happy, very love filled 33 year marriage for my parents. 😂 Not all people in bars are bottom feeders!

Not to mention many of the people that attend shul, mosque, or church were probably at the bar on Saturday night 🤣

14 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

How on earth do I explained condoms to my accountant 😂

Take your pick at what your accountant would consider the most business related :lol:

https://memed.co.uk/2017/10/23/she-puts-a-condom-in-her-sock-and-fills-it-with-water-shes-not-crazy-just-a-genius/

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I say go with your gut. It wasn't just a five minute judgement, you spent a whole date with him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app