Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 1/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, sideeye said:

I've realized I have no photos for dating apps, which is awkward - a combo of having conditioned people never to take my photo and also any photos they HAVE taken of me are old and now look nothing like me. So have to get on that.

In the meantime I'm going to drag a coworker out to a bar tomorrow afternoon, get a read on that scene.

Updates, we need updates!

On 1/12/2019 at 1:41 PM, GreenTealael said:

Follow up:

Super hot, SUPER HOT, widower built a life raft and made his way back to the island...

His story is too tragic and nuanced to disclose but it's tricky to say the least.

He is soooooooooooooooo into me and i can't lie, I like him too. So im treading very lightly and staying friends for now.

Tell me again why you're treading lightly??

45 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Tell me again why you're treading lightly??

I'm not right for him, he's not right for me... Situationally

Sigh.

I hate adulting sometimes.

Edited by GreenTealael

I'm not right for him, he's not right for me... Situationally
Sigh.
I hate adulting sometimes.
Situationally.....hmm. can you expand on that if comfortable? I'm in a limbo right now. So far I haven't had success on dating apps but haven't tried many. I just need someone who's ideal date is a symphony concert and/or helping me grade things haha. Maybe when I turn 30 I'll start getting a cat a year [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

You're too pretty to be single? You are also too pretty to be lied to, cheated upon , disrespected or ignored.

8 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Updates, we need updates!

Horrible progress on photo-taking, working on it. Bar was actually quite grim with barfly woman monopolizing the bartender and any man who came in range. It felt like a warning from the Ghost of Barflies Future. Will not be returning to that location.

But did sort of accidentally agree to go out to dinner/drinks with a guy I’ve been working with on a project? We were having a hard time scheduling a meeting, finally found an overlap time, and then he said “now let’s find a time for dinner or drinks” and I was on such a scheduling high that I went “sure! I’m free Wednesday and Thursday!”

Wondering if that was a Jedi mind trick.

Edited by sideeye

19 minutes ago, MusicalKate13 said:

Situationally.....hmm. can you expand on that if comfortable? I'm in a limbo right now. So far I haven't had success on dating apps but haven't tried many. I just need someone who's ideal date is a symphony concert and/or helping me grade things haha. Maybe when I turn 30 I'll start getting a cat a year emoji23.png

Widower with children, it's tough on everyone. If I'm not the right fit everyone suffers. I'd rather take my snake oil elsewhere...

Also you don't want to date someone exactly like yourself, do you?

Edited by GreenTealael

3 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Horrible progress on photo-taking, working on it. Bar was actually quite grim with barfly woman monopolizing the bartender and any man who came in range. It felt like a warning from the Ghost of Barflies Future. Will not be returning to that location.

But did sort of accidentally agree to go out to dinner/drinks with a guy I’ve been working with on a project? We were having a hard time scheduling a meeting, finally found an overlap time, and then he said “now let’s find a time for dinner or drinks” and I was on such a scheduling high that I went “sure! I’m free Wednesday and Thursday!”

Wondering if that was a Jedi mind trick.

This is not the cardio partner you are looking for...

JK, sounds promising! Excited for you!

Widower with children, it's tough on everyone. If I'm not the right fit everyone suffers. I'd rather take my snake oil elsewhere...
Also you don't want to date someone exactly like yourself, do you?
Ah that makes sense. Is he interested in you like wanting to know you more or interested like next wife material?

No, I don't want someone exactly like me. But because I work 70+ hours a week and am an artist it's important to me to find someone that appreciates the arts. But we all need to grow so differences are good :)

2 hours ago, MusicalKate13 said:

Ah that makes sense. Is he interested in you like wanting to know you more or interested like next wife material?

No, I don't want someone exactly like me. But because I work 70+ hours a week and am an artist it's important to me to find someone that appreciates the arts. But we all need to grow so differences are good :)

Not sure where we want to go with it yet...

but wait how many hours are in a week?

That's true, we should create a directory of people to avoid...
[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]
I just avoid men. Always more trouble than they're worth

Sent from my N9560 using BariatricPal mobile app

I like men...

Yes I love men too,and only men. Just that they always want a permanent thing and I haven't found the right one to make me say yes yet.

Sent from my N9560 using BariatricPal mobile app