Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 1/14/2019 at 11:51 PM, sideeye said:

Horrible progress on photo-taking, working on it. Bar was actually quite grim with barfly woman monopolizing the bartender and any man who came in range. It felt like a warning from the Ghost of Barflies Future. Will not be returning to that location.

But did sort of accidentally agree to go out to dinner/drinks with a guy I’ve been working with on a project? We were having a hard time scheduling a meeting, finally found an overlap time, and then he said “now let’s find a time for dinner or drinks” and I was on such a scheduling high that I went “sure! I’m free Wednesday and Thursday!”

Wondering if that was a Jedi mind trick.

Updates! Updates!

On 1/14/2019 at 4:32 PM, GreenTealael said:

I'm not right for him, he's not right for me... Situationally

Sigh.

I hate adulting sometimes.

Well I know I said I'd be an adult and do adulting/responsible activities, but honestly I'm not.

The Widower (that was voted off the island) became a Castaway, returned, set up camp on the beach and is working hard on rain Water collection system.

I'll just enjoy it and watch where this goes for now, with the intention of keeping it light.

I'm going on vacation and my cardio partner who lives in that country just texted to inform me "I am clearing that entire week". Woo!
But that is over two months away and I am just going to get flat-out mean if I don't get this dating thing spun up. What's the best dating app everyone's using? I'm thinking of trying coffee Meets Bagel. The "I'm looking for a serious relationship" apps terrify me and I don't want those, and I also can't believe there's not an actual co-branded "Netflix and Chill" app, which is pretty much what I'm looking for.
Try Bumble

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I've given up. Now I get the occasional woman who will like my profile. I then message her and she ignores me. I don't have the social skills necessary to meet people in real life. I've tried Match, eHarmony and OKCupid. Combined I've sent hundreds of messages. Sticking with eHarmony since they have canned questions to send. Don't feel like putting the effort in. On OKCupid, I was messaged by a professional dominatrix. I was tempted.
If you dont put any effort in, you'll wind up with women who dont take any effort to get..aka the bottom of the barrel

17 hours ago, Oct517 said:

If you dont put any effort in, you'll wind up with women who dont take any effort to get..aka the bottom of the barrel

I put effort in for two years and got nothing. The final straw came when I get likes on my profiles and yet they wouldn't respond to my messages. I then asked myself what's the point? I can just get a cat and be done with it.

I put effort in for two years and got nothing. The final straw came when I get likes on my profiles and yet they wouldn't respond to my messages. I then asked myself what's the point? I can just get a cat and be done with it.
Because at the end of the day, most of us want more than a cat and I'm not talking to two cats or a dog. [emoji14]
A lot of people do not respond on dating websites after liking someone because the message you have sent is not original. If a women is recieving a lot messages, a lot if the time she will only respond to the ones that are the most interesting, not the generic "Hi. How are you?"
Dont let the the process get you down! I firmly believe the right person is out there for everyone. Theres a whole lot of people in this world and it ridiculous to think there is no one out there that vibes with you! I wish you the best!

Don't wait on Prince Charming to rescue you, just rule your kingdom to the best of your abilities, the poor dude may be stuck up a tree waiting for YOU to rescue Him.

5 hours ago, sgc said:

2rzk0j.jpg

19 hours ago, Oct517 said:

Because at the end of the day, most of us want more than a cat and I'm not talking to two cats or a dog.
A lot of people do not respond on dating websites after liking someone because the message you have sent is not original. If a women is recieving a lot messages, a lot if the time she will only respond to the ones that are the most interesting, not the generic "Hi. How are you?"
Dont let the the process get you down! I firmly believe the right person is out there for everyone. Theres a whole lot of people in this world and it ridiculous to think there is no one out there that vibes with you! I wish you the best!

I was spending hours trying to create a message by pulling things from her profile. I have as much personality as Napoleon Dynamite and below average looks. I'm surprised the cat even responds to me. Spent my 20's and high school days being overweight and avoiding people. Now approaching my mid 30's, just can't jump back into this. It is what it is. Should have done something sooner. I genuinely don't know if I want something more than a cat. He gives me massages and back talk. All I need.

29 minutes ago, sgc said:

I was spending hours trying to create a message by pulling things from her profile. I have as much personality as Napoleon Dynamite and below average looks. I'm surprised the cat even responds to me. Spent my 20's and high school days being overweight and avoiding people. Now approaching my mid 30's, just can't jump back into this. It is what it is. Should have done something sooner. I genuinely don't know if I want something more than a cat. He gives me massages and back talk. All I need.

No time like the present...

Honestly this thread wasn't solely created to bemoan the pitfalls of dating in the modern age (maybe chronicle it) it was for encouragement as well

So please try to... Try. And coming from me that's saying something because I don't even want to but I know it will be worth it.

Edited by GreenTealael

I havent even thought about dating again, but then again I am old LOL..Right now i am focused on me and my journey. My boss told me to start wearing a wedding right that guys like married women LOLOL.. She is crazy! My ex husband for some reason after 20 years thinks i am now his wife.. Umm.. No.. that ship sailed a long time ago. My feeling is that if it is meant to be it will find me. I am not going to look. Everytime i did that in the past.. i didnt find anything..so.. what will be will be

On 1/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, GreenTealael said:

Updates! Updates!

Done in by a virus and the government shutdown - due to airport craziness and a week-long bug, he’s been working remotely.

But I did put a profile on Bumble last night. So.

3 hours ago, sideeye said:

Done in by a virus and the government shutdown - due to airport craziness and a week-long bug, he’s been working remotely.

But I did put a profile on Bumble last night. So.

Ooooooo,

Did you choose a good photo for your profile?