Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've got a 10 year old daughter and I've been single for......10.5 years! Honestly dating and "cardio" have been on my mind a lot more since my decision to have WLS. December 4th is my surgery which also happens to be my birthday (did that on purpose)! I'd so love to meet a Mr. Wonderful but I'm worried my expectations are too high...like unrealistically high. I'd try the online dating thing but with caution. Hoping to be dating in less than a year maybe???

Just give us a "base" man, we can fill in the blanks. :D

Edited by FluffyChix

7 minutes ago, Shimmy said:

I've got a 10 year old daughter and I've been single for......10.5 years! Honestly dating and "cardio" have been on my mind a lot more since my decision to have WLS. December 4th is my surgery which also happens to be my birthday (did that on purpose)! I'd so love to meet a Mr. Wonderful but I'm worried my expectations are too high...like unrealistically high. I'd try the online dating thing but with caution. Hoping to be dating in less than a year maybe???

Dating is haaaaaard.

Just now, GreenTealael said:

Dating is haaaaaard.

That's what she said...:lol:🤩

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Dating is haaaaaard.

Hard as in ??? LOL

I'll assume you mean difficult.

Just now, FluffyChix said:

That's what she said...:lol:🤩

Dying!

3 minutes ago, Shimmy said:

Dying!

Damn. Sometimes you guys make it too easy...:lol:

La petite mort...

Edited by FluffyChix

Online is scary for me personally, and most singles meets seem to be either 30s abd under or 70s and up. Im in the "no man's land" of 50s. Also, is it weird to not want to date people if you live in an area you wouldnt want to settle down?

5 hours ago, Kahkeetsee said:

Online is scary for me personally, and most singles meets seem to be either 30s abd under or 70s and up. Im in the "no man's land" of 50s. Also, is it weird to not want to date people if you live in an area you wouldnt want to settle down?

It's rough out there, try to stay earnest, vigilant and willing.

Edited by GreenTealael

Well , Late Lamented died July 4th 2012. Kahkeetsee thinks she is in a" no mans land" in her 50s, try being 72. But as I lose weight I can only get cuter, more approachable as I get smaller, and Maybe Just Maybe there will be a dude not in the throes of senility whose interest will be piqued by my Awesome Self. Or I could become a Cougar, go prowling and see WHAT I can drag into my cave? Or I can retire from the search and remain Blissfully Unmarried and Free for the Pickup and Hauling!😛At any rate I will still be ME😇and that's COOL,in itself.

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Currently: Boo'd Up

Details ... we need details .....

17 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Details ... we need details .....

I decided to cancel the dates with the people I met in person and try another date with the one I went on several dates with (and was self sabotaging, I admit it), and it turns out it was a fantastic choice. We had the most in common and when I began to relax, things fell into place.

Edited by GreenTealael

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I decided to cancel the dates with the people I met in person and try another date with the one I was self sabotaging (I admit it), and it turns out it was a fantastic choice.

So, gym membership confirmed .... have you gotten on the treadmill yet? :lol: