Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

58 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

BTW a video about the earlier IF eating window

Very very interesting! Thank you for sharing this @GreenTealael! I'm gonna have to go dig up this study and read it. Kinda eye opening about the ADF stuff too! What I don't know is how I can implement it into our lives. :( Cuz Mr. F. doesn't get home early and wants to eat between 7:30 and 8pm. :( And I don't want to further hilight the differences in him eating and me by eating without him, then not eating at night. So I have to get more answers and figure this out!

BTW, I love this guy and just subscribed to his channel! He's easy to understand, entertaining (handsome) and obviously walking the walk!!! TY!

@FluffyChix,

Yeah, it makes sense, everything you eat is super lean and Protein dense, or veggie filler for the most part. Honestly if I start losing my restriction, that's the direction I will go. Really the only "filler" food I eat is cucumbers when I'm either feeling snacky, or just because I want them. I mean I still keep zucchini, carrots, romaine in my fridge, but I'm always just throwing it away and buying fresh every other week or so :blush:

You definitely don't want to be my assistant. I have an assistant and I'm pretty sure she hates me most days :blush:

You chart doesn't look bad at all. From your WLS through July it was pretty consistent losses. I'm sure July drove you crazy though!

Oh, I haven't not taken pictures cause my food is sad (although it is), it's just boring. I usually only serve myself what I can eat (so no after pics), and it's literally a chunk of cheese (oh, it's always hard cheese, so around 100 cal/oz, no brie or anything like that). I mean, who wants to see that? Anything I think might be interesting I will put up in the before and after food thread.

I'm interested to know how you feel if you aren't forcing the meals, and just eating when you're hungry. And what that will do for loss. I mean it's working for me, weight loss wise, but who knows how anyting will work out long term.

I'd like to think it was the beer. We will have to see if wine will do the same thing on this up coming vacay. I'm thinking maybe not, I drink dry wines, so not a lot of sugar or carbs compared to beer. I also generally don't drink as much beer as I do wine. But then again, I'm not usually in Italy :P

Below is my chart. You'll see the 2 significant upticks. One early on, and the other just recently. I'd like to think they were both alcohol related. Early uptick was Mai Tai's (and a little beer) for a week, and then this latest beer one. (I do have a weekend of Mai Tai's coming up though, gulp! :unsure:)

IMG_0034.jpg.902f25581961d8de4b323fc129b4717c.jpg

@GreenTealael

Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles. But super interested to see your meal pics. Vegetarian is easy for me, but I find vegan super challenging.

Going to watch the video when I get the chance, if only for the eye candy :P

Going to Italy at the end of October. I know it seems like I have a lot of vacays, but they're just 2 close together. My last vacation was Nov 17!

8 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

@FluffyChix,

Yeah, it makes sense, everything you eat is super lean and Protein dense, or veggie filler for the most part. Honestly if I start losing my restriction, that's the direction I will go. Really the only "filler" food I eat is cucumbers when I'm either feeling snacky, or just because I want them. I mean I still keep zucchini, carrots, romaine in my fridge, but I'm always just throwing it away and buying fresh every other week or so :blush:

You definitely don't want to be my assistant. I have an assistant and I'm pretty sure she hates me most days :blush:

You chart doesn't look bad at all. From your WLS through July it was pretty consistent losses. I'm sure July drove you crazy though!

Oh, I haven't not taken pictures cause my food is sad (although it is), it's just boring. I usually only serve myself what I can eat (so no after pics), and it's literally a chunk of cheese (oh, it's always hard cheese, so around 100 cal/oz, no brie or anything like that). I mean, who wants to see that? Anything I think might be interesting I will put up in the before and after food thread.

I'm interested to know how you feel if you aren't forcing the meals, and just eating when you're hungry. And what that will do for loss. I mean it's working for me, weight loss wise, but who knows how anyting will work out long term.

I'd like to think it was the beer. We will have to see if wine will do the same thing on this up coming vacay. I'm thinking maybe not, I drink dry wines, so not a lot of sugar or carbs compared to beer. I also generally don't drink as much beer as I do wine. But then again, I'm not usually in Italy :P

Below is my chart. You'll see the 2 significant upticks. One early on, and the other just recently. I'd like to think they were both alcohol related. Early uptick was Mai Tai's (and a little beer) for a week, and then this latest beer one. (I do have a weekend of Mai Tai's coming up though, gulp! :unsure:)

IMG_0034.jpg.902f25581961d8de4b323fc129b4717c.jpg

Ok, dayum girl. Great chart! And I just noticed you're almost out of the 150s! Weren't you just in the 160s like a blink of an eye ago? :) LOL! Congrats!! (Bahahaha on your assistant hating you most days!)

Dr. Weiner talks about using veggies and fruit as filler as your tum naturally relaxes and gains capacity. He says it's an expected occurance. So I just figured I'd learn that early on. I actually did that for a long time, I could just eat a crap ton of volume always! So it works at least for me.

July was cray! They took me off BP meds and I gained like 13lbs in 9 days. And it hung around and hung around til they put me back on my diuretic. Even though my BP isn't high anymore. I have chemo/radiation damage to my heart...so I may have to stay on the diuretic long-term. :( We'll see.

I just stopped to eat my 1st meal. Had to skip brekky--too busy and not interested enough. It was a hefty lunch. Forgot I had leftovers that need to be eaten (chicken saltimbocca and grilled veggies with parm--delicious but I can taste the richness of the fat and cheese and hope I'm not in for trouble in about 20 minutes. dayum can you tell i didn't cook that ;) cuz of the olive oil in it.) It will be interesting to see if I lose anything this week. So far I'm still at 161.4 but I'm chill with it. Tonight is our last regular season baseball game, so anticipate I will use this time and eat cheese popcorn and peanuts from the shell. I've budgeted, so I hope to be okey dokey. :)

I think you're gonna be better in Italy than on either the Mai Tai trip or the beer trip! :D Can't wait to see it. And I would love if you'd post piccys in Italy of your restaurant hijinx!!! Your chart def matches up with your vacays. But look how quickly you get back to business when you return and the chart flattens out again! That's outstanding!!

Yes, I think all of this is one major guess for all--docs included! I think nutritional science is only now developing. And we're in for a few surprises and paradigm shifts along the way.

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

@GreenTealael

Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles. But super interested to see your meal pics. Vegetarian is easy for me, but I find vegan super challenging.

Going to watch the video when I get the chance, if only for the eye candy :P

Going to Italy at the end of October. I know it seems like I have a lot of vacays, but they're just 2 close together. My last vacation was Nov 17!

I 💟 Italy...

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Very very interesting! Thank you for sharing this @GreenTealael! I'm gonna have to go dig up this study and read it. Kinda eye opening about the ADF stuff too! What I don't know is how I can implement it into our lives. :( Cuz Mr. F. doesn't get home early and wants to eat between 7:30 and 8pm. :( And I don't want to further hilight the differences in him eating and me by eating without him, then not eating at night. So I have to get more answers and figure this out!

BTW, I love this guy and just subscribed to his channel! He's easy to understand, entertaining (handsome) and obviously walking the walk!!! TY!

Lol I totally watch him because he's easy to look at

Hahahahahaha

But he's smart too...

12 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I 💟 Italy...

Me too .. this will be my 4th trip to Italy. All have been different destinations within Italy (Tuscany, Venice, Rome). This is my first "repeat" vacation ever, back to Rome. But this is my friend's #1 bucket list destination, so I'm going back. (Kills me a little honestly, as much as Rome is amazing, I have so much of the world yet to see and vacation time is so limited :()

@FluffyChix

Up almost 1 lb today, so solidly in the mid 150's. Not unexpected at all, after the steep drops I have had recently.

Oh, and that first uptick, Mai Tai week, was work, not vacay :blush:

I think if I post pics of carbonara and gelato I'll be kicked off of this site. Torturing people! Especially the pre op diet people with their whole tummies and Protein shakes! :lol:

4 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

@FluffyChix

Up almost 1 lb today, so solidly in the mid 150's. Not unexpected at all, after the steep drops I have had recently.

Oh, and that first uptick, Mai Tai week, was work, not vacay :blush:

I think if I post pics of carbonara and gelato I'll be kicked off of this site. Torturing people! Especially the pre op diet people with their whole tummies and Protein shakes! :lol:

Lol hahahahaha, I had gelato everyday, every meal while in Italy 😎 I was determined to try every kind...I almost did... I paid the price too lol

21 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Me too .. this will be my 4th trip to Italy. All have been different destinations within Italy (Tuscany, Venice, Rome). This is my first "repeat" vacation ever, back to Rome. But this is my friend's #1 bucket list destination, so I'm going back. (Kills me a little honestly, as much as Rome is amazing, I have so much of the world yet to see and vacation time is so limited :(

But Rome is always a good time!

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

But Rome is always a good time!

True!

She also has Spain and Israel on her to do list, and those are on my "not willing to repeat" list. :lol:

4 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

True!

She also has Spain and Israel on her to do list, and those are on my "not willing to repeat" list. :lol:

My only no go again place is Paris...

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

My only no go again place is Paris...

Too funny ... that is the one place on my "must repeat" list! Only spent 3 days there and it wasn't enough.

Did you not enjoy Paris?

Well, if any of you world travelers decides to check out Angkor Wat, Cambodia, let me know. It's #1 on my bucket list and hubby says "No way in hell!" :o