Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Okay. Down another 1.2 pounds from Wednesday. I’m now 167.8.
And that’s with 3 days zero poop.

Today I gave myself a 10 hour eating window and I’m packing in the Protein.
As a result, it’s also a much higher calorie day (I’ll hit around 950 before all is said and done) and I’m feeling like a total glutton.

It’s intentional though because I’m going to go very light over the next 2 days.

Lol, I actually need a day off work to eat >900 calories in a day.
I can remember sometimes that would happen in a single meal, and I sure didn’t get in over 75gm protein with those 900 calories.

@Sheribear68 Dang girl! You are hitting it!! I'm glad to see a Feast Day in there. I think we all need a feast day at least 1 day per week--maybe more depending on what it takes to keep us either in maintenance or in WLM -- whichever reality is ours at the moment!!! IF sure seems to be your WL friend!

Thank you everyone for chiming in and helping me work through the head work on calling GOAL! I decided yesterday that y'alls sage advice held merit. So I'm calling goal and revised it in my signature to 135lbs. Now whatever happens will happen. I will work to maintain and not regain. My 5lb window will be set between 130-135lbs. I know that sounds like it's only a "reframe" of goal 130lbs. But it's baby steps. I may later decide to make my 5 lb window be 135-140. I just know I feel better under 135. (Yes, I can feel those extra 3 lbs lol.)

I actually made Goal #3 (135lbs) in July! I went back and looked when I first hit 135lbs. So I'm claiming GOAL! And I'm going to allow myself to Celebrate the accomplishment!!!! TYTYTYTY for the encouragement and love!

On 8/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, AZhiker said:

Am going up to our mountain cabin today for 3 days of R&R by myself. :) I am going to try a 3 day fast - for detoxification, knock off any zombie cells, rest my pouch, and focus on some personal and spiritual goals. I've got herbal teas and my big water bottle. (And some Protein Shakes and Bone Broth if I need to break earlier.)

So I'll let you know how it goes. I can't find any information that says total fasting is dangerous/damaging to the pouch or anastomosis. I am still going to take my pantoprazole, although I can't find any info on that, either, as far as not eating afterwards. I'll just have to listen and feel what is happening and take it one day at a time.

I did it - 72 hour Water fast. I kept up my exercises, including strength training. Drank 90 ml every day and hiked 2 hours every day. Got 8 hours of sleep each night.

Day 1: Felt great. No hunger, no weakness.

Day 2: 2nd day was pretty hard - like all the books say, but I did my exercises and felt better. I drove into town and did some shopping to keep my mind off it. I had two hunger rushes - at noon and 4 pm, but they passed in less than an hour. By evening I was feeling a little light headed and ate some salt that evening since I was peeing like a race horse.

Day 3: I woke up very light headed and dizzy, but not feeling actually sick or anything. I drank 4 cups and then did my exercises. Weights were hard, but I did a light routine. Drank some more and felt better and went on a hike. Still a bit light headed through the day, which I could tell when I stopped several times on the way back home. But I didn't feel faint or foggy while I was driving, so I hung in there until the 72 hour mark at 5 pm. One twinge of hunger at 3 pm, but it passed quickly. Then I drank a Protein Shake, and ate a light meal an hour later, and all is back to normal.

Surprisingly, I only lost 2 pounds during those 3 days of 0 calories and lots of exercise! My GI tract is empty, so I really hope not to gain back as I start eating. Overall, it was a good experience and one maybe I will do monthly. I think the first time is the hardest. I did show me that hunger is a passing sensation. I think a 24 hour fast weekly would not be hard at all now. Just go from supper to supper. If one is already doing IF by skipping Breakfast, it is only a matter of skipping lunch as well. Very do-able, and another tool for the maintenance tool box.

Yay!!! @AZhiker Congrats on your 3 day retreat!!!! Were you able to find peace in the cabin/outdoors?!!! Your schedule sounded lovely!!! And so fun!

I just kinda look forward to Monday's and Tuesday's cuz for the most part, those are my super fast days. I usually eat dinner and a shake--and also try to keep my cals very low on those days.

Started my first 24 hour fast today. I did 20 hours no problem last week so I think I'll be fine. But we shall see!

@FluffyChix Sorry for the delay, was nonstop from Friday morning till now, but you were on my mind

"What's messed up (among other things) is that yesterday I was so anxious to see her cuz as usual, I was afraid I "hadn't lost enough" weight or wasn't low enough to "win WLS" and not get a lecture for failing or lack of trying. I was actually worried cuz the scale here was 135.2lbs which was about the same as it was last time in her office. I felt like I should be below 130lbs by now."

I think this is the head work you need to do :) You need to allow yourself to feel successful! You have done absolutely fabulously. You exceeded everyone's expectations, except your own. If you had read your story written by someone else, and they wrote that they were disappointed in themselves, you'd be the first to tell them they are a rock star. All the cheer leading you do for others, apply it to yourself as well :)

"part of me is still so fearful of the zombie apocalypse where all the slain pounds lay waiting to leap on me and I revert to my former poor habits and miscreant deeds that got me to the Obesity Ball. I'm that much of a backslider! (potentially)"

I think we all feel this to some extent. I have a reoccurring nightmare that my restriction is suddenly gone and I eat a giant plate of food without even realizing it. I think there are two differences now, vs what got us MO. First, we are both willing to do the work. We realize that WLS wasn't magic, and the weight will come back on if we aren't diligent. (Of course you and I do "diligent" differently 😂 ) Second, we appreciate the new us, and never ever want to go back. I think once you take the dysphoric glasses off, you'll appreciate how far you have come even more so!

"I just wanna be thin. And if I die? I want to die thin (not anorexic). Just thin."

Now this I actually get, really and truly. My family is incredibly long lived, and honestly, I don't want to live into my 90's. :blush: My motivation for WLS, was vanity and pride almost exclusively. But barring an accidental death, we are all going to have our last years. If we go into those last years with a slightly high BMI, I'm hoping it will make them a little less awful, you know? BUT, you are already thin! Everyone else see you and sees a thin person, except you :(

"As to what do I replace the obsession with--I think it's gonna have to be fitness."

I think this is a great plan. You've got the cardio ralking progressing steadily already. Adding in some muscle building exercises to balance it all out :)

"So question for all y'all! Do you think it's cheating then, to adjust my Goal #3 to be 135lbs in my signature line? So that I can look at it and see that "I crossed the finish line"? Or do you think my mind will still automatically go to the place of, "Yeah, but I didn't touch the 130line on Goal #3 and just "gamed" it"?"

The ticker is completely irrelevant. You need to believe that you made goal. Your true goal isn't a random number on the scale. It is feeling strong, healthy and hot af, right? I'm afraid you will always feel like you have failed, if you don't let go of a meaningless number. :(

**Hugs** ... I know this is hard for you!

19 minutes ago, GB in CA said:

Started my first 24 hour fast today. I did 20 hours no problem last week so I think I'll be fine. But we shall see!

Yay!!! Good luck and welcome to the club! :D

I'm doing a dinner - to - Dinner fast today with a 1 hour eating window. Happy Monday! :D

@sillykitty ((HUGS!!)) TY for such a thoughtful post. Gosh you all are so kind to really help me think this through and process!

So now I'm gonna go cogitate on it and then I will reply. :D MUAH!

All right, I finished my first 24 hour fast, no problem! Next week I'm thinking about trying 36-48 hours. I just want to grab some pink salt and ACV first!

Okay so I’m planning on a 24 hour fast tomorrow with some salted Bone Broth midday.

I’ve got the day off and have many errands to run and a dental appt at 2:30. Pretty sure I’ve got a new cavity as the entire left back side of my mouth HURTS and I can’t even chew on that side.
Weirdly I get cavities galore whenever I go through health and life stressors.
My year of chemo in ‘09-10 left me with 4 of them.

After tornadoes here last night left my Pilates studio still closed bc of lack of power, no classes today and I’m taking 3 classes tomorrow evening.

Basically that means that it’s the perfect day to try a 24 hour fast.

I plan on breaking it with an 11oz Premier Protein for 30gm (plus I’m sure my mouth will thank me for it).
Question is what should I try to eat or do the NEXT day after this fast?

8 hours ago, GB in CA said:

All right, I finished my first 24 hour fast, no problem! Next week I'm thinking about trying 36-48 hours. I just want to grab some pink salt and ACV first!

22 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so I’m planning on a 24 hour fast tomorrow with some salted Bone Broth midday.

I’ve got the day off and have many errands to run and a dental appt at 2:30. Pretty sure I’ve got a new cavity as the entire left back side of my mouth HURTS and I can’t even chew on that side.

After tornadoes here last night left my Pilates studio still closed bc of lack of power, no classes today and I’m taking 3 classes tomorrow evening.

I plan on breaking it with an 11oz Premier Protein for 30gm (plus I’m sure my mouth will thank me for it).

💜CONGRATULATIONS Y'ALL💜

3 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

After your Premier Protein, wait an hour or two and you should be fine to eat normally. 24 hours is basically skipping two meals (or just one if you already do something like 16/8 IF) during the day. It's not hard on your system, you should not experience any loss of strength, and you should be able to exercise fully without any problems. Just keep well hydrated. Your body has enough electrolyte reserves that you really shouldn't need any extra salt or anything else.

Everybody's rockin it!!!! Wooot!!!

No fasting for me today. Have done 2 days of 18:6, but today is just a regular ketobiotic day focusing on pre-biotics and pro-biotics. Boy do I need it!! :D

On 08/28/2019 at 00:04, AZhiker said:

After your Premier Protein, wait an hour or two and you should be fine to eat normally. 24 hours is basically skipping two meals (or just one if you already do something like 16/8 IF) during the day. It's not hard on your system, you should not experience any loss of strength, and you should be able to exercise fully without any problems. Just keep well hydrated. Your body has enough electrolyte reserves that you really shouldn't need any extra salt or anything else.

Awesome news.

Yeah, this shift today is basically skipping a meal and a snack.

Ugh, woke up this morning with a blinding headache.
I live in Oklahoma and this is late August so it’s 98% allergen related.

Took an anti-histamine, 2 Tylenols and have had a cup of coffee with a half-tablespoon milk and skipped the trivia packet.

I had planned on skipping the morning coffee, but my headache said “no”.
So I settled for the compromise of cutting way back on the amount of milk I add to it.

Weighed in at 168.0 (up 0.2 pounds from Sunday am, but I’m also at no poop for 6 days and counting now....).
Sigh.... gonna prolly need to resort to some MOM therapy today.

10 hours left on this fast. Wow this doesn’t seem daunting at all since I regularly do 16:8 and 18:6 all the time.

On 08/28/2019 at 06:26, FluffyChix said:

Everybody's rockin it!!!! Wooot!!!

No fasting for me today. Have done 2 days of 18:6, but today is just a regular ketobiotic day focusing on pre-biotics and pro-biotics. Boy do I need it!! :D

Hahahaha.

6 days of NP (no poop) and counting.

I’m totally there with you and will be doing this tomorrow