Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

52 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

This was supposed to be my large meal of the day. Protein 54 carbs 96 I’m questioning if my calories are too low. Time will tell.

dinner with hubby – I’m guessing about 30 mins to eat 4oz of lemon baked salmon, ½ cup of steamed veggies and two bites of potato. (Soft foods)

3 hours later bedtime snack - ½ cup Yogurt ½ of a banana 1 tablespoon muesli.

My restriction may be the change to warrior diet. We will see if my volume changes again this month.

My restriction changed also when i started (1+yrs ago) I also felt an incredibly diminished sense of hunger (which had returned) that was my reason for starting the whole IF journey. I was also warrior diet like from the start! Congrats👏

Edited by GreenTealael

24 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

So is that substantially less than it has been? Like, could you previously eat the amount of meal I described in my dinner last night?

One thing that I find hugely confusing is the surgeons all seem to say "1 cup of food per meal by volume." And the RDs parrot this. Then they give specific examples of a forever diet. LOL. And it ALWAYS ends up being more than 1cup of food by volume. There is a huge cognitive disconnect with this issue. And what they don't seem to understand is that they have a group of compliant patients that are doing their best to figure out forever diets based on their recs, but lacking restriction. So they don't have the benefit of "feeling" when it's time to stop, cuz their tool tells them to stop. Right? So it's like, fu*k me! What do I go by? The sample meal plan that ends up being about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of food? Or their rule of forever diet = 1 cup per meal by volume?

Yes, my restriction is much less years out. (except for the last few days) If I stay within my weight loss/maintaining calories, I can eat more volume and lose/maintain my weight.

I'm conflicted about giving advice on this site, it’s important to follow your dieticians plan. I was frustrated by my teams one size fits all maintaining instructions. They don't have the time to develop individual plans to fit each person’s needs. It’s been trial and error finding what works and I’m ok with that.

On 08/29/2019 at 10:46, FluffyChix said:

So is that substantially less than it has been? Like, could you previously eat the amount of meal I described in my dinner last night?

One thing that I find hugely confusing is the surgeons all seem to say "1 cup of food per meal by volume." And the RDs parrot this. Then they give specific examples of a forever diet. LOL. And it ALWAYS ends up being more than 1cup of food by volume. There is a huge cognitive disconnect with this issue. And what they don't seem to understand is that they have a group of compliant patients that are doing their best to figure out forever diets based on their recs, but lacking restriction. So they don't have the benefit of "feeling" when it's time to stop, cuz their tool tells them to stop. Right? So it's like, fu*k me! What do I go by? The sample meal plan that ends up being about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of food? Or their rule of forever diet = 1 cup per meal by volume?

Hmmm. This is confusing.
One thing that puts the fear of God into me is that I’ll lose the restriction I’ve got.
Thankfully that hasn’t happened yet, but I’m not even 7 months P.O. yet.
I do know that whenever I extend fasts beyond the usual 14-18 hours daily, I notice rebound construction the next day.

After completing my 24 hour fast yesterday, I’ve had zero interest in food.
A lot of that is because I’ve got a sore tooth and have been running errands all day, so I’m planning on a Protein bomb around 1-2 pm. That will still give me a 18 hour fast on top of a 24 hour fast, but it is what it is.

33 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

My restriction changed also when i started (1+yrs ago) I also felt an incredibly diminished sense of hunger (which had returned) that was my reason for starting the whole IF journey. I was also warrior diet like from the start! Congrats👏

Managing hunger is an individual thing. I have been burnt out on the same grind for some time. I needed to change. Glad I looked into this.

@Sheribear68 So sorry about the sore tooth/gum! :( WTG on the fasting. Make sure you have feast days. Part of the IF is the INTERMITTENT part. :) ((hugs))

I do experience less interest in food, the more I do IF. But I still struggle with portions. If that makes sense?

Yesterday was a hungry heifer day. No IF. No restrictions on eating. And here's what I ate:

8am 1st Breakfast - Psylli Wrap Eggwhite Veggie Breakfast Taco with cheese (127cals; 12g prot; 7g f; 2g nc)

10am 2nd breakfast - strawberry Chia Protein pudding with Nuts/Blueberries (293cals; 21g prot; 14g f; 12g nc)

2pm lunch - tuna salad in lettuce cups with cucumbers (120cals; 17g prot; 3g f; 5g nc)

7pm dinner - foil basa fish with zoodles in lite alfredo sauce and chopped salad (268cals; 28g prot; 11g f; 10g nc)

1st dessert - sugar free Jello with greek yogurt topping

2nd dessert - gg brancrisp with lacy swiss and Peanut Butter (235cals; 17g prot; 13g f; 5g nc = 1st and 2nd Desserts combined)

Totals for the day: 1043cals; 95g protein; 48g fat; 52g carbs; 18g fiber; 34g net carbs)

I'm 134.6lbs today.

That’s amazing that all of that goodness was under 1200 calories.

Wow, I used to weep at the thought of 1200 calories (like how could I possibly not be STARVING on that amount) and now it seems so... decadent

I’m going to chow down on my Protein ramen Soups ( will be 35+gm protein), then plan to eat sliders til Pilates tonite.
dinner will be some kind of meat and veg (still need to decide)
I’ll probably eat dinner late for me (around 8 pm)

Edited to add;  

Weight was only down 0.4 pounds from yesterday, but at least it’s the lowest number I’ve seen so far. 

20 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

That’s amazing that all of that goodness was under 1200 calories.

Wow, I used to weep at the thought of 1200 calories (like how could I possibly not be STARVING on that amount) and now it seems so... decadent

I’m going to chow down on my Protein ramen Soups ( will be 35+gm protein), then plan to eat sliders til Pilates tonite.
dinner will be some kind of meat and veg (still need to decide)
I’ll probably eat dinner late for me (around 8 pm)

Edited to add;

Weight was only down 0.4 pounds from yesterday, but at least it’s the lowest number I’ve seen so far.

I'm the calorie whisperer. It's my super power. LOL. I can pack super volumes of food into 650-850 calories. And right now, I'm intentionally trying to see how much I can eat per day when I don't restrict. I still find myself preferring lower fat food choices. I just feel better after a meal than if I eat a meal with lots of fat. So 1000-1200 cals is totes do-able for me. :)

It's so wild how our minds do change the more we encourage those new neural pathways!!!

Why are you gonna eat sliders until tonight?

Congrats on your new low!!!! Woot!!!

Ugh. Quote is broken again on my pad.

I ended up only doing 1 slider (1/2c cottage cheese)

The reason is I wanted to bump my Protein up after doing a 24, then 18hr fast on consecutive days.
About to have dinner and I’m at 51gm protein.
Yay me. Lol

I saw my PCP today for the first time since surgery. I wore my "big girl" size 24 jeans to show how much I have lost and she was so amazed at "how good I look" and was very supportive. She told me that a lot of WLS patients come in with about a 50 pound loss and just sort of get stuck there, so she was very happy that I was at goal so quickly, but also that she could tell I had been working out and had good muscle tone and muscle volume to my arms and legs. :) She was happy to see all my lab values to be good - no anemia, Protein deficiency or Vitamin deficiencies. She really liked my HDL of 70 and that I was exercising consistently. She was a little concerned that I can still only eat about 800 calories tops in a day - 1,000 if I really push it and am uncomfortable. She doesn't want me to get below 140. She was also a little concerned about IF with my lower end caloric intake. I told her I feel so much better doing IF and that I have tons of energy. She was impressed about my clean eating food regime and that I really focus on making every bite nutritious and healthy. So the bottom line was that she was fine with me continuing on with my current plan, adding cooked whole grains to boost the calories as needed.

I did not tell her that I plan to add a 24 hour fast day each week, or that I may add a 72 hour fast once a month or every other month just to keep things clean metabolically. :)

PS: I am going to do my first triathelon in October! And will ride in the El Tour de Tucson bike race in November (riding a tandem for 60 miles with my sis-in-law.) I ordered my new bicycle today and it should arrive on Tuesday! Yippee!!! Now I've been reading about IF and athletic events. I can't imagine ever eating Breakfast again, but perhaps I will need to eat something on event days. However, I'm afraid it would upset my bowels to spring a meal on them so early. So maybe I will just train while doing IF and see how it goes. Has anyone else done some heavy, long exercise while IF-ing? To eat or not to eat - that is the question.

On 08/30/2019 at 00:44, AZhiker said:

I saw my PCP today for the first time since surgery. I wore my "big girl" size 24 jeans to show how much I have lost and she was so amazed at "how good I look" and was very supportive. She told me that a lot of WLS patients come in with about a 50 pound loss and just sort of get stuck there, so she was very happy that I was at goal so quickly, but also that she could tell I had been working out and had good muscle tone and muscle volume to my arms and legs. :) She was happy to see all my lab values to be good - no anemia, Protein deficiency or Vitamin deficiencies. She really liked my HDL of 70 and that I was exercising consistently. She was a little concerned that I can still only eat about 800 calories tops in a day - 1,000 if I really push it and am uncomfortable. She doesn't want me to get below 140. She was also a little concerned about IF with my lower end caloric intake. I told her I feel so much better doing IF and that I have tons of energy. She was impressed about my clean eating food regime and that I really focus on making every bite nutritious and healthy. So the bottom line was that she was fine with me continuing on with my current plan, adding cooked whole grains to boost the calories as needed.

I did not tell her that I plan to add a 24 hour fast day each week, or that I may add a 72 hour fast once a month or every other month just to keep things clean metabolically. :)

PS: I am going to do my first triathelon in October! And will ride in the El Tour de Tucson bike race in November (riding a tandem for 60 miles with my sis-in-law.) I ordered my new bicycle today and it should arrive on Tuesday! Yippee!!! Now I've been reading about IF and athletic events. I can't imagine ever eating Breakfast again, but perhaps I will need to eat something on event days. However, I'm afraid it would upset my bowels to spring a meal on them so early. So maybe I will just train while doing IF and see how it goes. Has anyone else done some heavy, long exercise while IF-ing? To eat or not to eat - that is the question.

You know, I’m wondering the same thing.
The only days that I have seriously IFd, I didn’t do anything I’d call hard-core.

Congrats on the triathlon and the great labs.
Sometime in the next week I’ll go by DLO and get mine run and then I’ll know how I’m doing

I don’t have any big fasts planned for this week. I’ll be in survivor mode with a crazy work schedule and almost every minute not at work scheduled within an inch of my life.
It can’t be helped— I’m covering shifts on most of my days off and it’s football season now.

Which means when I get off work tomorrow night, I’ll have a house full of drinking and eating people to watch the game.

I must confess: I’ve got a bottle of Chardonnay with my name on it and I’m thinking I’ll just skip dinner to drink it. Lol, my restriction won’t let me have that and food and the wine so I think tomorrow only the wine will win.

At this point in time, the only way this girl can fit in over 1,000 calories a day is to drink them.

Seriously though, I’m giving myself this one evening with family,friends, and football before settling down for a long grind over the next 2 weeks

On 8/29/2019 at 11:44 PM, AZhiker said:

Loved that you showed up in your size 24’s to your appointment. You have done phenomenal.🏆🎖️

A triathlon! You are a bad ass. How are you currently fueling while you train?

I know nothing about how to fuel for that type of event. I’ve been running for years. (Half and full marathons) some things I learned from other Bariatric Athletes on fueling after surgery. I’m sure these are things you already know.( Feel free to skip the rest of the post)

Fueling will be trial and error to find what works for you.

(1) Hiring a sports medicine dietician may help.

(2) food on a pre event tapper link below

https://www.triathlete.com/2019/01/nutrition/a-7-day-race-week-meal-plan-for-triathletes_338482

I modify my tapper. Carb load seven-days pre-race. it takes more time to fuel my glycogen stores with the sleeve. I do sports drinks without sugar. (NUUN tabs saved me from dehydration) I replace real sugars with fruit.

(3) Pre event tapper training link below.

https://www.triathlete.com/2016/09/training/triathlon-taper-tutorial_136524

(3) Food on event day

Some people do fine with a meal in the morning. I can’t run with food race day. (The last thing I need is to make porta potty stops on the route) Instead of food, I use powdered carbs. I add them for calories in my water/hydration vest. I carry the powder in a zip lock baggy. I add more cytoCarb when I refill my vest on the route.

Hope you figure out what works for you. I would love to see photos of your events.

Happy Sunday,

Accountability - Watching football and a BBQ with friends. I own it. I was not on point with food.

Back to the warrior plan today. I don’t have the detox feeling that I’ve had in the past. My energy is up. I’m not craving anything. Loving IF.

On 09/01/2019 at 14:47, Healthy_life2 said:

Happy Sunday,

Accountability - Watching football and a BBQ with friends. I own it. I was not on point with food.

Back to the warrior plan today. I don’t have the detox feeling that I’ve had in the past. My energy is up. I’m not craving anything. Loving IF.

Lol.
Yeah, after working all weekend and being completely on-point with food I had a blast last night with taco salad bar. I ate the hell out of some guacamole and toritilla chips, and drank an entire bottle of Chardonnay all by myself.

It took 4 hours, but I finished the whole thing and I’m not one bit sorry about it (except the headache I woke up with, lol)

Today is a 16:8 and I’m going to alternate 16/8 with 20/4 til Friday. I’ll feast on Friday and then go back into another weekend of plain ole 16:8
I picking up an entire weekend extra (25 hours) and starting on Wednesday won’t have a day off for 11 days straight. It’s going to be BRUTAL, but I’m going to push through it using IF as a way to help me hold onto my sanity

Okay so Fnished yesterday with 20:4 (actually it was 19.5/4.5, but it couldn’t be helped) and I got on the scale this morning.
My weight on Saturday am was 166.8 and as of this morning 164.2.
Lol, I was smart enough to wait til IFing for a few days after my taco salad/wine feast of Sunday night.

Loving this tool and will continue to hard-core IF/exercise/work through the next 9 days