Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Just now, Sheribear68 said:

Hahahaha.

6 days of NP (no poop) and counting.

I’m totally there with you and will be doing this tomorrow

You should start MOM today hon. :( Sorry bout your headache and no poopin!!!

Got a wonderful surprise today when I stepped on the scale, I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks!

Yay!!!! That's fantastic!!!! Congrats to you and thank the Whoosh Fairy!! And your hard work/determination. Love that IF!

7 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Awesome news.

Yeah, this shift today is basically skipping a meal and a snack.

Ugh, woke up this morning with a blinding headache.
I live in Oklahoma and this is late August so it’s 98% allergen related.

Took an anti-histamine, 2 Tylenols and have had a cup of coffee with a half-tablespoon milk and skipped the trivia packet.

I had planned on skipping the morning coffee, but my headache said “no”.
So I settled for the compromise of cutting way back on the amount of milk I add to it.

Weighed in at 168.0 (up 0.2 pounds from Sunday am, but I’m also at no poop for 6 days and counting now....).
Sigh.... gonna prolly need to resort to some MOM therapy today.

10 hours left on this fast. Wow this doesn’t seem daunting at all since I regularly do 16:8 and 18:6 all the time.

Enema?

Edited by GreenTealael

So today was a trial, and honestly it wasn’t because of my fast.
I’ve been told I don’t have a cavity or anything wrong with my sore tooth. And I can guarantee I trust the dentist, because he’s my dad.
So when dad told me he thought I just had some gum inflammation and there wasn’t anything to fix, I got grumpy.
Then I got a call on my way back home that the Pilates studio still doesn’t have power so all classes were cancelled. Now I’m double-grumpy. And at that point it was almost 4:30 my time and I still had 2 hours til I was scheduled to break my fast

I got home and almost caved and drank my Protein Shake.
What I did instead was head to a strip mall and try on some clothes.
I didn’t buy any (except for some new yoga pants), but it kept my mind on my goals.

FYI guys, no idea if I will drop any poundage this week, but my bod is still shrinking like crazy.
Tried on some size 12 clothes and some were actually LOOSE.

Just sat down with 1/2 a PP shake for 15gm Protein and then I’ll try to eat some leftover pork and salad in a bit.

Overall today was a huge success as far as staying on plan went

I have to thank you @FluffyChix and everyone else doing IF.

Please give me a slap upside the head. I knew needed to clean up my diet. I was resistant, negative and kicking my Teddy Bear. My head space has been *kitten* for quite awhile.

I figured out a meal plan that works for me with IF. I'm doing a modified warrior diet. I eat cleaner and my carbs are higher. My energy has increased in a short period of time. I'm feeling optimistic about things to come. Grateful for everyone’s support and tolerance.

58 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

I have to thank you @FluffyChix and everyone else doing IF.

Please give me a slap upside the head. I knew needed to clean up my diet. I was resistant, negative and kicking my Teddy Bear. My head space has been *kitten* for quite awhile.

I figured out a meal plan that works for me with IF. I'm doing a modified warrior diet. I eat cleaner and my carbs are higher. My energy has increased in a short period of time. I'm feeling optimistic about things to come. Grateful for everyone’s support and tolerance.

Yay girlie!!! You ARE a fierce warrior!!!! What I love about you (and find SO inspiring) is that you own your junk. And you figure out how to hack it to get back to your norm/happy place. And you keep trying and DO-ING until you achieve success!! That's a powerful lesson, not only in life, but here in the post-bari apocalyptic world! You know!?!

One thing...with the warrior diet, it's important to throw some variation in there. Mix things up like, maybe doing ADF warrior OMAD or 20:4 combined with 2MADs and even 1 "controlled" feast day. You might even stick a complete 24 or 36 hour Water fast at some point in the plan.

With IF, it isn't necessary to be Keto or low carb, especially if you are metabolically flexible (able to move easily between fat burning and sugar burning). So, so glad this thread has been able to help you get back to your happy place! We missed you! :D

Whoa this is crazy – My surgery restriction is a whole new feeling in such a short period of time doing this. I am beyond amazed.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111d31c9a8288fc3b135

@FluffyChixHere is a link to giphy for video clips,

https://giphy.com/

Just now, Healthy_life2 said:

Whoa this is crazy – My surgery restriction is a whole new feeling in such a short period of time doing this. I am beyond amazed.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111d31c9a8288fc3b135

@FluffyChixHere is a link to giphy for video clips,

https://giphy.com/

That's beyond awesome about the new lease on your restriction!!!!

1 minute ago, Healthy_life2 said:

So what kind of meal volume are you eating now when you feel the first signal of fullness?

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

So what kind of meal volume are you eating now when you feel the first signal of fullness?

Five years out - snack - 3oz apple and a hard-boiled egg. Are you kidding me? I can’t believe I'm feeling full after a run.

7 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Five years out - snack - 3oz apple and a hard-boiled egg. Are you kidding me? I can’t believe I'm feeling full off this after a run.

Yay! How bout a full meal? What kind of volume? :D

(Last night I had 3oz foil fish = 1/2c + 1/2c zucchini noodles in lite alfredo + 1c of chopped salad with iceberg lettuce, spinach, cucumber, onion, avocado and WF Italian Dressing). I ate it all in 20 minutes. I was satisfied but not stuffed.) :( *I'm in official "oh crap" fear mode.*

33 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yay! How bout a full meal? What kind of volume? :D

(Last night I had 3oz foil fish = 1/2c + 1/2c zucchini noodles in lite alfredo + 1c of chopped salad with iceberg lettuce, spinach, cucumber, onion, avocado and WF Italian Dressing). I ate it all in 20 minutes. I was satisfied but not stuffed.) :( *I'm in official "oh crap" fear mode.*

This was supposed to be my large meal of the day. Protein 54 carbs 96 I’m questioning if my calories are too low. Time will tell.

dinner with hubby – I’m guessing about 30 mins to eat 4oz of lemon baked salmon, ½ cup of steamed veggies and two bites of potato. (Soft foods)

3 hours later bedtime snack - ½ cup Yogurt ½ of a banana 1 tablespoon muesli.

My restriction may be the change to warrior diet. We will see if my volume changes again this month.

5 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

This was supposed to be my large meal of the day.

dinner with hubby – I’m guessing about 30 mins to eat 4oz of lemon baked salmon, ½ cup of steamed veggies and two bites of potato. (Soft foods)

3 hours later bedtime snack - ½ cup Yogurt ½ of a banana 1 tablespoon muesli.

My restriction may be the change to warrior diet. We will see if my volume changes again this month.

So is that substantially less than it has been? Like, could you previously eat the amount of meal I described in my dinner last night?

One thing that I find hugely confusing is the surgeons all seem to say "1 cup of food per meal by volume." And the RDs parrot this. Then they give specific examples of a forever diet. LOL. And it ALWAYS ends up being more than 1cup of food by volume. There is a huge cognitive disconnect with this issue. And what they don't seem to understand is that they have a group of compliant patients that are doing their best to figure out forever diets based on their recs, but lacking restriction. So they don't have the benefit of "feeling" when it's time to stop, cuz their tool tells them to stop. Right? So it's like, fu*k me! What do I go by? The sample meal plan that ends up being about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of food? Or their rule of forever diet = 1 cup per meal by volume?

accidentally fasted for 18 hrs yesterday 😳

Now i will just keep the ball rolling with a casual 12 hr fast

Edited by GreenTealael