Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Can I just say that eating at 11:30pm was not the brightest decision last night? Damn and no alcohol was involved in that decision--just a poor habit of a lifetime following going out to have fun--late night eating! At least I made a healthy-ish choice with Bing cherries (5) and 1/2oz almonds. But still. It's majorly FUBAR'd my schedule today!

It's 11:15am. I'm hungry and I'm JUST NOW at 12 hours (coming in 15 minutes). Then I need to go 2 more hours to my first meal. It can be done. One of those hours will be spent walking, the other will be spent working and hydrating. But still. GAH! :( :57_cry: le sigh.

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Can I just say that eating at 11:30pm was not the brightest decision last night? Damn and no alcohol was involved in that decision--just a poor habit of a lifetime following going out to have fun--late night eating! At least I made a healthy-ish choice with Bing cherries (5) and 1/2oz almonds. But still. It's majorly FUBAR'd my schedule today!

It's 11:15am. I'm hungry and I'm JUST NOW at 12 hours (coming in 15 minutes). Then I need to go 2 more hours to my first meal. It can be done. One of those hours will be spent walking, the other will be spent working and hydrating. But still. GAH! :( :57_cry: le sigh.

I'm usually good but last night I ate at 1230am lol so I'll be hydrating til tomorrow hahahahaha we're in this together!

Just now, GreenTealael said:

I'm usually good but last night I ate at 1230am lol so I'll be hydrating til tomorrow hahahahaha we're in this together!

Where's our huggy emoji when we really need one?!!! ((hugs)) my friend! Stay strong!!

18 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Way to be resilient girlie! Wooohooo! Now go do that same thing with egg whites. ;) :blink::wacko: You talk about some potty mouth goin' down in the hizzouse! ROFLMAO!

That would have shut my day down... Straight back to bed lol

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

That would have shut my day down... Straight back to bed lol

I seriously had to put myself in Time Out. Seriously.

Then I said, "Nothin's EVER easy," under my breath all day. :) WTG on springing back so well and so gracefully! (yeah yeah get a room, I know!)

1 hour ago, MargoCL said:

@FluffyChix, @sillykitty, @GreenTealael, May I ask how often do you weigh yourselves now versus when you first had WLS? And at what point did you decide IF was the way to go or try? I'm impressed, but also wondering why so soon post surgery did you decide to try IF? BTW, you ladies and Matt are doing great! Super impressed. I tried IF with Keto and it worked but I think I had other obstacles that were in my way (hence the wls).

Thanks in advance?

I know you didn't ask me directly, but I figured I'd answer.

I've been a daily weigher since surgery. I decided to try the IF because, the stalls were getting longer and longer and harder to break doing my normal routine. And I was convinced to try it by the science, I believe @GreenTealael posted the video, it just made perfect, logical sense. So, since it's free, I gave it a go, and only 3 days in, it does seem to be working.

16 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I seriously had to put myself in Time Out. Seriously.

Then I said, "Nothin's EVER easy," under my breath all day. :) WTG on springing back so well and so gracefully! (yeah yeah get a room, I know!)

We all need to get a room, in Cambodia...

Sorry for the dups... I reported them all and requested deletion... not sure what happened there!

3 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

Sorry for the dups... I reported them all and requested deletion... not sure what happened there!

It was so nice you had to post it ... Thrice 😎

@MargoCL

I have, from the beginning, weighed myself every morning I'm home. BUT, the ups and downs, stalls etc. don't make me crazy. I totally accept it's part of the process, and look at the big picture (i.e. 90 lbs lost in 7 months)

Why I do IF

Mostly because it fits in pretty easily with my natural eating habits. I am naturally not hungry in the morning. It isn't usually very hard for me to push my first meal to later in the day.

It helps me hydrate. If I'm not eating it's easier for me to focus on my fluids. Plus drinking can help stave off some hunger.

One thing I have found to be absolutely true for me ... the more I eat, the more hungry I get. So the more I do IF, the easier it gets. It's nice to truly not be hungry until 2pm. That is half the day gone and I have made no bad choices, win! I find it works for both physical hunger and head hunger, IF diminishes both.

So I generally would have a moderate fasting time because I'm not an earlier eater. But attempting IF gives me a reason to skip that late night snack.

I like that I can do it any day I wish. Some days I can't because of hunger or schedule. That's fine, I didn't fall off the wagon, screw anything up, etc.. I just didn't do IF that day, period.

I'm not good with restrictive diets. I'm never going to be able to give up carbs. I eat out frequently. I still crave crap food. So IF gives me something I can do that helps with cravings and hunger, but still doesn't make me a failure if I order chicken fried steak.

I don't know if IF by itself has all of he benefits it claims to have. Like all fad diets, some science turns into a lot of hype. But my biggest challenges post WLS are making poor choices and dealing with hunger (physical and head). So IF helps me with one of those, the hunger, which therefore has me eating less food which therefore is less chance for poor decisions.

Edited by sillykitty

@Sosewsue61 that looks delicious! If you can do that in a hotel room, that is further proof my meals are just sad :P

4 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

I didn't purposely (well sort of) leave you out - It was the "women's" point of view just because I know women have such hormonal fluctuations (for lack of better wording). Men just naturally built with more muscle seem to "burn fat faster." But thank you for sharing your viewpoint as well because it really did help me better understand.

For the 4 of you, I really do look to you as my mentors(?) in this journey because everything you have said throughout the many posts I've read have taught me so much and continue to. I enjoy reading your IF posts and your before and after food posts along with all your responses to the many people that seek advice (myself included). You've taught me not to get overly obsessed with the scale as it comes to stalls and just so many other little things (too many to list) Please don't stop what you're doing, because I know for one I enjoy them and they really do help me.

I haven't checked the video out yet, but it's on my list of "to do" and I'm not sure if I want to start IF at just 3.5 weeks out, but at least I know it's an option.

16 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I did but I spent too much time there and ultimately for me being from NYC ( y'all know how much I love it -not) it's like NYC with french subtitles... I'd rather take it down the coast next time...

Make sense, since I love NYC, lol

When I started with my company I was excited to be assigned the NY territory. Only to find out the office was in some terrible bedroom community in NJ with big houses, wide lawns, and not a damn thing to do after 10 pm :lol:

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

We had dinner at Beck's Prime (a burger place) and I had one of their dinners: Robert's chicken and Veggies. I ate half the breast and 1/3 of the veggies.

You went to a burger place and ordered chicken and veggies! That is a huge win in my book!

7 minutes ago, MargoCL said:

I didn't purposely (well sort of) leave you out - It was the "women's" point of view just because I know women have such hormonal fluctuations (for lack of better wording). Men just naturally built with more muscle seem to "burn fat faster." But thank you for sharing your viewpoint as well because it really did help me better understand.

For the 4 of you, I really do look to you as my mentors(?) in this journey because everything you have said throughout the many posts I've read have taught me so much and continue to. I enjoy reading your IF posts and your before and after food posts along with all your responses to the many people that seek advice (myself included). You've taught me not to get overly obsessed with the scale as it comes to stalls and just so many other little things (too many to list) Please don't stop what you're doing, because I know for one I enjoy them and they really do help me.

I haven't checked the video out yet, but it's on my list of "to do" and I'm not sure if I want to start IF at just 3.5 weeks out, but at least I know it's an option.

You said mentors...

I'm crying into my tea

Guess I'm headed to the gym 😓