Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

4 hours ago, MsMocie said:

Egg on lettuce with spinach, Beans and feta cheese.

88122017_10159661666967818_4962826919457325056_n.jpg

88197240_10159661666822818_3935494931509936128_n.jpg

Yum!!! Love meals like that!!!

1 minute ago, MsMocie said:

Amaeture homecooking when you are no good at cooking, at it's finest (and simplest 😂 )

Dunno...your stuff looks pretty awesome--so I'm not buying that you're no good at cookin! :D But love simplest!

LOL. Here's a glamour shot for ya! I make 8 chaffles at a time and stick em in the freezer so I can pull one out and pop it in the air fryer basket and have a hot, crispy, chaffle in 3 minutes freezer to plate. :) And I was hankerin after avocado egg toast so I threw this together. Of course that meant making a soft boiled egg cuz I apparently am incapable of making poached eggs without leaving the egg white runny...so I just gave up, moved on, and switched to soft boiled eggs...It was pretty nummy. No survivors!

Ding Dang Dong. So good!

Ok, would you categorize this meal primarily as: bread (cuz of the chaffle), Egg (cuz of the honkin huge egg), Avocado (well cuz just because), Breakfast, lunch? TIA!

IMG_7582.thumb.JPG.5f49d7a661356a275ea195d26fcea4c3.JPG

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, would you categorize this meal primarily as: bread (cuz of the chaffle), Egg (cuz of the honkin huge egg), Avocado (well cuz just because), Breakfast, lunch? TIA!

I'd say salad + egg (chaffle == egg too, no?). LOL

And its an any-time-of-day-meal! (or snack ;) )

Edited to add: I don't know if you already do this, but if you add vinegear to the Water, it keeps the whites together/firmer (learned this on the food Network a couple years ago)

Edited by ms.sss

5 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

Thanks 😀 Never really liked to cook. I used to say that I can burn boiling Water. I once made an egg explode during boiling it😂. That is problaby one of the reasons I winded up with a WLS, since I was a hefty user of instant foods, gas stations, ready made meals and bakeries. And I don't like cleaning up after making food, so try to spare me dirty dishes😂

Now I have found out (through reading the pound of cure) that vegetables can be quite tasty. I can eat them also, which is a big thing when you've not liked or not beeing able to swallow much for a month and a half🤔 It was actually quite liberating to be, let's say, "allowed", to focus on more than the Protein. New found inspiration 😁

I really like Dr. Weiner and if you can handle the carbs in his plan, it's a super duper healthy way! I'm so happy you found a way that works for you and makes you happy! I would be a sad monkey without my veggies!!!

Just now, ms.sss said:

Should it be a snack if it's a bonafide meal size? :D I truly hate trying to figure categories out. Especially when I can't make it look "not-gooberish" if I do multiple categories...which of course this is. Sigh, maybe I need an Anytime Category?

I had meant to do this to begin with until I had tons of recipes, then I'd start breaking down to sub categories but here's my thought to keep it clean-ish?

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snacks

Bread

Sweet Treats

Soups/Stews

Smoothies/Shakes

8 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Edited to add: I don't know if you already do this, but if you add vinegear to the Water, it keeps the whites together/firmer (learned this on the food Network a couple years ago)

TY for the great tip! Sigh. Yeah, I do add white vinegar to the Water and it does help. My issue is with timing or temperature or both? Cuz by the time I'm SURE the egg white will be solid where it hits the yolk, the yolk is over cooked and not runny any more. :( I'm deeply troubled by this lack of skill. LOL. I get skeezed out with runny whites but love runny yolks. Go figure. Huh?

46 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I learned this in my home economics class when I was in middle school! Completely forgot about that trick, thanks for the reminder!

Edited by MarvelGirl25

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

I get skeezed out with runny whites but love runny yolks. Go figure.

Same 😁

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Same 😁

I figured out with my SBegg method that I make a perfect 6.5 minute SB egg. LOL. And can repeat it.

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Should it be a snack if it's a bonafide meal size? :D I truly hate trying to figure categories out. Especially when I can't make it look "not-gooberish" if I do multiple categories...which of course this is. Sigh, maybe I need an Anytime Category?

I had meant to do this to begin with until I had tons of recipes, then I'd start breaking down to sub categories but here's my thought to keep it clean-ish?

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snacks

Bread

Sweet Treats

Soups/Stews

Smoothies/Shakes

Ah right, i didn't think you were categorizing it for your website.

In that case, I'm changing my answer: If I had to pick one, I'd say BREAKFAST (even though I basically never eat breakfast...)

5 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Ah right, i didn't think you were categorizing it for your website.

In that case, I'm changing my answer: If I had to pick one, I'd say Breakfast (even though I basically never eat breakfast...)

TY!! I think that's what I'm leaning toward! Eventually there will be categories like: eggs, chicken, Beef, etc. :D

36 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I figured out with my SBegg method that I make a perfect 6.5 minute SB egg. LOL. And can repeat it.

Ah, soft boiled eggs are a science in my house. Both me and Mr. swear by completely different methods. Here's mine:

A room temp egg put in for 6 minutes in a pot of already boiling Water, then immediately into a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes (add 15 seconds for each additional egg up to 4 eggs in total).

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

TY!! I think that's what I'm leaning toward! Eventually there will be categories like: eggs, chicken, Beef, etc. :D

You know what I would find useful? If food/recipes were categorized by cal or macro count...

(but that might just be me, lol)