Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, so you still have big restriction and only eat small amounts? I also thought you were saying you could eat and finish that bowl of salad? :)

Oh sorry! I couldn't finish that! I still have restriction which I hope NEVER goes away and that's my fear that it will one day :(

19 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, ty for sharing! So how long does it usually take for the full feeling to go away? I honestly think it's time for me to work on bite timing again. I can see myself slipping back into bad habits of eating too large a bite, chewing too little, eating too quickly. And it may be time to start sitting at the table again rather than at my desk. :D

< ... >

Does it matter if you eat your meat first or veggies/salad first? How much volume do you think it was? Hard to tell if that's a Jethro size bowl or a small side salad bowl. :D

If/when the chest fullness goes away depends on what I'm eating. If I eat the denser stuff (proteins) it takes longer, maybe10-20 mins (sometimes much longer, if at all). I can eat lots of salad if that is all I eat. Salad fullness (or other slider-ish things) goes away in like 5-10 mins IF there is no other stuff like carrots/nuts/cheese etc..

That wooden bowl is pretty big. I just measured, its 9" in diameter & 3.5 inches deep. So like 15 cups, give or take a few cups if filled to brim?

6 weeks post-OP (technically that is tomorrow), but tried some cho-cho chicken from local Chinese place. Basically marinated chicken breast satay, four skewers. I could only eat about one and half skewers, about 3 oz. Guess I have lunch for Thursday and Friday as well. Just want to represent for all us noobs out here.

20200226_130336.jpg

20200226_132952.jpg

1 hour ago, MsMocie said:

The feeling of restriction will naturally grow longer over time. At first you'll be full of 3 bites, then at 5-6 months out, you can eat a little more, about a year out you will feel 3/4 of plate and so on after 4-5 years a whole plate.

She's 2 years out from surgery hon. :D So she still has very lovely restriction which is awesome and I'm totally jealous. LOL.

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

She's 2 years out from surgery hon. :D So she still has very lovely restriction which is awesome and I'm totally jealous. LOL.

Yes, sorry. I'm 1.5 years out. But as of right now, I have full restriction still... I can only pray it lasts :)

4 hours ago, MsMocie said:

By your post I suppose it went well? 🤗 chicken was, and still is one of the few things my stomach really can't handle.

Yes it can handle chicken OK.

Forgot to take a pic lol There was fish next to the shrimp too. I won’t be able to finish the Protein but I’ll finish the salad for sure.

03461598-E6A8-48CB-A317-673181CDAAA2.jpeg

22 hours ago, MsMocie said:

The feeling of restriction will naturally grow longer over time. At first you'll be full of 3 bites, then at 5-6 months out, you can eat a little more, about a year out you will feel 3/4 of plate and so on after 4-5 years a whole plate. It is natural. That is why it is important to use this time to make good habits. Learn to fill up on vegetables, Beans and fruit when you progress, keeping the Protein about 1 kg-1,5 g pr kg. Because vegetables and fruits will give you both Vitamins, minerals and they are cost effective for the body.

How far out from surgery are you? 4-5 years?

On 2/25/2020 at 2:29 PM, FluffyChix said:

I made it. It's a leftover from a shoot this morning. :) It has ridiculous numbers. :) 115cals; 8g protein; 6g fat; 9g carbs; 2g fiber; 7g net carbs; 2g natural OCC sugars. :D I'm Lovely full!

IMG_7391.thumb.JPG.a552cfb911b060ec0b61d3c7a05713f3.JPG IMG_7398.thumb.JPG.82a3bb1293f876337f2ae98a247ac789.JPG IMG_7405.thumb.JPG.e04a55ae31275860039071f5d4dc6642.JPG IMG_7353.thumb.JPG.7d4ef889e71043c5062f798d51e2f15a.JPG IMG_7388.thumb.JPG.9359bbd4d30d03da6e2e61f9f3466044.JPG

I channeled my inner @ms.sss

**DROOLS** ... that looks GOOD!

Just now, TheJuice202 said:

**DROOLS** ... that looks GOOD!

Here's the recipe. I'm still working on the website and there is lots of "dummy filler material up" but this recipe is live along with another couple. :) I'm actually about to have one today! :D

https://barihealthylife.com/easy-thai-lettuce-wraps-with-ginger-peanut-sauce/

image.png.a7095c4179a1a5d8d9e659ab22a53bea.png

Vegetable Soup & fish "taco"

I made the most basic vegetarian soup and pan fried fish to go along with a flax/wheat mix flatbread

BF's serving is much more appealing so I featured it plus my own before & after (minus 1 cup of soup)

20200228_195711_HDR.jpg

20200228_195804_HDR.jpg

20200228_200722_HDR.jpg