Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 4/12/2023 at 6:39 PM, ms.sss said:

also, my "dinner" just now:

provolone and kale focaccia and a couple tablespoons of pesto labneh (omg so good).

it was 408 cals for all of it, butbased on the after pic, im gonna log 1/3 of the total as mr. already ate my leftovers.

D50FC872-C88E-485B-A183-1F51C545D7F9.thumb.jpeg.0070c7dd20473abb7ff0d14d2a9ddf83.jpeg

What! Provolone and kale focaccia! Sign me up

3 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Breakfast of procrastinators right here- a packet of Parle G Cookies and a Diet Pepsi. 😂🤷‍♀️

6E3D66DA-4661-4C8A-97A3-78E4968E49D5.jpeg

DAF58153-CA55-46CA-80DC-F6652F8D5BC5.jpeg

BBF42966-B32D-4BDD-BB36-E2DBFFE93152.png

My procrastinator’s Breakfast is a headache so you’re doing great!

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

My procrastinator’s Breakfast is a headache so you’re doing great!

Spoiler alert- I had a repeat of the same for lunch but with Peanut Butter and my snack was a piece of bread.

This however, is dinner- curried soya chunks with bread because I was too lazy to make rice.

Also, just look at this bread! 😍

A0CD863F-2568-4023-8E71-E247D4A57FD5.jpeg

3B03D748-8CB0-49EC-88DB-2C52A4AF3380.jpeg

Ahh, labneh. Haven’t had it in ages so making it myself intrigued me too.

Found this recipe using Greek yoghurt (but it says you can use any but low fat)

https://www.loveandlemons.com/labneh-recipe/

Might have to go & buy some cheesecloth. I guess a couple of sheets of chuxs would work too … new clean ones of course 😉.

I make homemade kefir and sometimes I make way too much so I make labneh balls in olive oil. They make great gifts too since they last forever. The longer they sit, the better they taste. I have never tried it with Greek yogurt but now I think I may try it. [emoji106]SmartSelect_20230414_225306_Messages.jpg

On 4/14/2023 at 12:29 PM, ms.sss said:

i do have a still-unused "yogurt" button on my instant pot! and i can add my own toppings..

I have never used this button either. Time to find a new food. I digest cheese easily so its a no brainer. Thanks

@GreenTealael will be happy to know that I finally started working on that budget blog. As such all the meals I’ve posted in the last week have been part of it. 😂 Surprise! 🎉

Spoilers though- it’s $35US average a week, not just $35 a week because I needed some sanity the first couple weeks.

Anyway, the first picture is some prep work- tepache, pickled daikon, and pickled tomatoes.

The second is tonight’s dinner of kimchi scrambled eggs, soy marinated eomuk and mushrooms, and some of the pickled daikon.

40BEF58B-6B3A-4565-8D5D-66F9E81F986A.jpeg

D58E3073-8B62-4D2C-8735-828216EFEF31.jpeg

On 4/16/2023 at 8:36 PM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

@GreenTealael will be happy to know that I finally started working on that budget blog. As such all the meals I’ve posted in the last week have been part of it. 😂 Surprise! 🎉

Spoilers though- it’s $35US average a week, not just $35 a week because I needed some sanity the first couple weeks.

Anyway, the first picture is some prep work- tepache, pickled daikon, and pickled tomatoes.

The second is tonight’s dinner of kimchi scrambled eggs, soy marinated eomuk and mushrooms, and some of the pickled daikon.

40BEF58B-6B3A-4565-8D5D-66F9E81F986A.jpeg

D58E3073-8B62-4D2C-8735-828216EFEF31.jpeg

You are amazing!

I am still very interested in this budget or prepping blog. I need the inspiration as I just tossed half of a container of organic spring mix that my family swore they wanted. 🙄

Edited by GreenTealael

The labneh making journey has begun. 400g full fat Greek yoghurt, good pinch of sea salt, a little grated lemon & two new chux cloths. Will see what tomorrow brings.
6F2B2AD9-7AF0-44A1-9B8D-2B15AD68A924.thumb.jpeg.7daf14644c14feda93bfb84a4bb991a8.jpeg

8 hours ago, Arabesque said:

The labneh making journey has begun. 400g full fat Greek yoghurt, good pinch of sea salt, a little grated lemon & two new chux cloths. Will see what tomorrow brings.
6F2B2AD9-7AF0-44A1-9B8D-2B15AD68A924.thumb.jpeg.7daf14644c14feda93bfb84a4bb991a8.jpeg

Whew. I was worried there’s for a second when you said chux, like “what is she doing with bed pads that I need to be concerned for her health?!” (The picture is what I thought you meant. 😂)

Also, I grew up calling those cloths handi-wipes because they’re handy for your hands but I can see how you could chuck them after you’re done using them.

0F7DBDF3-0A75-4272-B495-6A7867B767B1.png

Edited by Starwarsandcupcakes
Added picture

That’s so funny @Starwarsandcupcakes. Bed pads. 😂 We’ve always called them Chux as that as the original brand of the kitchen cloth. These were a cheap roll of an unknown brand from Kmart. Do the same job of course.

Had the labneh with baby Roma tomatoes & basil fur lunch yesterday. Very yummy. The sprinkles on my board is my exuberant grinding of sea salt & pepper.

4CE83245-385F-475F-B55B-B173F3C023C8.jpeg

Edited by Arabesque

18 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Had the labneh with baby Roma tomatoes & basil fur lunch yesterday. Very yummy. The sprinkles on my board is my exuberant grinding of sea salt & pepper.

4CE83245-385F-475F-B55B-B173F3C023C8.jpeg

YUMMMMMMMERRRRRR!

On 7/24/2018 at 2:55 PM, GreenTealael said:

Like weight loss before and after photos but of your new diet !

I'm especially interested in before and after meal photos (take a pic at the point you feel restriction) but it can be of recipe substitutions, your refrigerator/pantry/shopping cart/etc

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

Can you please let me know where can I get the pretty chart with weight loss information under your message? I saw it around this forum and would like to create one for myself. Thank you!