Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

@BurBur that's *EXACTLY* the point of this whole thread. People are so worried about what might happen if they cheat on their diets/plans/nutritional limitations. I wanted a place to showcase our trespasses and their outcomes. Most everyone here is aware that a small piece of this or some of that isn't bad overall (it is still a "cheat" however), but there are so many people that believe it'll be the end of the world.

Normal is a sociological construct. Our new "normal" is our new diets and their restrictions. I view occasional cheats as "ok", as it allows us to venture outside of our new normal for a moment, it's when those cheats become habits that we've entered into that potential downward spiral.

Overall, I just want folks to know that, cheats happen, sometimes it results in nothing bad, and sometimes it results in some uncomfortable moments, but overall, it's not going to totally destroy everything like some believe it will.

I'm reading people's confessions about eating two chicken nuggets, some fried rice from Panda Express, or maybe a little candy, and I'm thinking to myself that I'm the cheater of cheaters because all of this sounds so mild compared to my cheats. This is embarrassing, but here it goes: I polished off an entire Big Mac yesterday. Yep. Don't ask me how my stomach fit it all in because usually I can't eat that much, but I was hungry. Didn't drink with it or have anything else with it, but polished that sucker off all by myself. That's a first since my surgery a year ago. A part of me feels I should be terrified I was able to do that. I'm not doing it again because that's what got me where I was before my surgery. Yes, I feel ashamed. :(

3 minutes ago, Strivingforbetter said:

I'm reading people's confessions about eating two chicken nuggets, some fried rice from Panda Express, or maybe a little candy, and I'm thinking to myself that I'm the cheater of cheaters because all of this sounds so mild compared to my cheats. This is embarrassing, but here it goes: I polished off an entire Big Mac yesterday. Yep. Don't ask me how my stomach fit it all in because usually I can't eat that much, but I was hungry. Didn't drink with it or have anything else with it, but polished that sucker off all by myself. That's a first since my surgery a year ago. A part of me feels I should be terrified I was able to do that. I'm not doing it again because that's what got me where I was before my surgery. Yes, I feel ashamed. :(

Forgive yourself and move on. Start fresh today.

I ate an entire small bag of nutter-butters today. I donated blood, and OF COURSE, I needed to make sure I didn't get woozy, don'tch know? At lease I had Water instead of Gatorade :P And yes, I wrote them down in my log!

This was actually the first time I have ever gotten dizzy donating blood. Glad I did it at work and didn't have to drive home from a blood center. I was still fine to drive an elevator!

I ate a small bowl,of 1 half 🍑 (water packed) with 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, as sins go a minor pale-gray one. Excuse? I'm mourning Aretha Franklin? I don't think she's really in any position to rebuke me for it anyway.

1 hour ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I ate an entire small bag of nutter-butters today. I donated blood, and OF COURSE, I needed to make sure I didn't get woozy, don'tch know? At lease I had Water instead of Gatorade :P And yes, I wrote them down in my log!

This was actually the first time I have ever gotten dizzy donating blood. Glad I did it at work and didn't have to drive home from a blood center. I was still fine to drive an elevator!

Now that's my kind of cheat!

Most of my "cheats" are meal choices. But one of my few snack cheats was a Grandma's Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. I used to LOVE those in my 20's. So, I was in a convenience store. Not usually a problem, I'm in them regularly. But the person in front of me in line grabbed a pack and I. just. could. not. resist. :lol:

There they are, plunked down right next to the check-outs at Wally World, they are tasty big morsels of bad old carbs, but Grandma makes a lovely quick slide -down -the -gullet treat, doesn't she?🍪

alright some of y'all are cheating every day now... Save some cheating for the rest of us

Lol just joking, enjoy y'alls

"peanut butter Protein cookies"

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

4 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

alright some of y'all are cheating every day now... Save some cheating for the rest of us

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Well when you can only eat 1 oz, it's hard to feel bad about a cheat :P

5 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Well, ya know, the bag did have 3g of protein! LOL!

Actually, this thread terrifies me. It makes me feel like it's ok to cheat even though I know it's not. I should probably quit following it.

7 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Well, ya know, the bag did have 3g of protein! LOL!

Actually, this thread terrifies me. It makes me feel like it's ok to cheat even though I know it's not. I should probably quit following it.

Nooooooo I was totally joking, it helps me to stay grounded, I think it helps others too so food doesn't feel like dirty secrets you eat in your car when no one is watching,

yeah I had WLS and yeah I'm going to eat pastry (and yeah I'll be in the bathroom lol)

And yeah my Water is Icelandic...

Edited by GreenTealael

For the record, I did feel bad about those Cookies :blush:

I guess to me the difference is, making a not as healthy a choice at a meal vs. a totally unnecessary splurge snack.

I'm at a restaurant, I need to order a meal. I could order something uber healthy, but I don't really want. Or I could order a less healthy choice but I will enjoy it more. That I don't feel bad about, because again, 1 oz, seriously!

13 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Nooooooo I was totally joking, it helps me to stay grounded, I think it helps others too so food doesn't feel like dirty secrets you eat in your car when no one is watching,

yeah I had WLS and yeah I'm going to eat pastry (and yeah I'll be in the bathroom lol)

And yeah my Water is Icelandic...

I'm not talking about anyone else here, but when it comes to cheating, I'm a "give her an inch and she'll take the whole yardstick" kind of girl. And I'm not limited by the one oz. thing since almost everything I eat is a slider. I get truly scared when I'm off plan, even for a bit.

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'm not talking about anyone else here, but when it comes to cheating, I'm a "give her an inch and she'll take the whole yardstick" kind of girl. And I'm not limited by the one oz. thing since almost everything I eat is a slider. I get truly scared when I'm off plan, even for a bit.

But even though we may not be bariatric diet poster children, look at how well we are doing!