Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

My first cheat was today 13 weeks post OP. I had some Popeyes shrimp. I only had a few ( less than a handful) but it was still a cheat.

Well.....

I am feeling pretty bad today because I have been gaining and am now at 8 pounds above my goal and all of it is in my stomach and thighs. Stress eating due to the fact that I am in grad school and the work load is intense. Having time for myself is starting to be a luxury.

Anyway, I am really looking for help/advice at this point!!

I admit that I have not been following the rules and guidelines. Thinking about it, I don't think I have followed much at all. I lost 70 pounds in 10 months with no exercise, couldn't chew veggies enough to tolerate, eat chips and baked goods too many times and hydration is a problem. Thankfully, I have never been hospitalized for hydration or any complications since sleeve surgery.

But today I am trying to research what to do to reset the sleeve and what to eat etc. Joined a gym and went twice already.

I can't chew raw veggies myself, cook them to tenderize, drink more, you know you should,doesn't have to be plain Water, thought I would miss all my sweet tea, Crystal Light, Mio, Propel, G2 there are a lot of options. I also like Nestle Splash, my favorite is Acai Grape, And if you look,Quest has snack, options as well as several other companies. I am surprised so many have jumped on the bandwagon. And there is always walking, as a grad student you're still young enough for raquetball, and all those fun time youth games. Bike, etc,,Im sure you can do it, work out your Masters Thesis while you walk. And keep us updated, we while want to know when to call you Doctor VooLivre2017 after all!

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I can't chew raw veggies myself, cook them to tenderize, drink more, you know you should,doesn't have to be plain Water, thought I would miss all my sweet tea, Crystal Light, Mio, Propel, G2 there are a lot of options. I also like Nestle Splash, my favorite is Acai Grape, And if you look,Quest has snack,options as well as several other companies. I am surprised so many have jumped on the bandwagon. And there is always walking, as a grad student you're still young enough for raquetball, and all those fun time youth games. Bike, etc,,Im sure you can do it, work out your Masters Thesis while you walk. And keep us updated, we while want to know when to call you Doctor VooLivre2017 after all!

Thanks! Love this post. Some good advice you have here. Yes I know it but it’s helpful that someone else understands! I just need to handle the stress eating for another 7 months, then eat cake to Celebrate the PhD. :-)

I am tired of soups! I wanted to eat something that tasted like summer! I totally pigged out today on watermelon and sweet cherries. I may pay for it tomorrow, but it was worth it. Slider heaven!

Orchids and Dragons says I should share this so I guess,i will.
Since I am a Reforming and Reformulating woman I have given over custody of the Cookie Jar to Tomkitten, my son. It currently contains Peanut Butter Cookies. Well I have always liked peanut butter, what could it hurt? So I snaked my little paw in there when nobody was looking. Took one bite and yuck, too sweet, so sweet it's nasty. Spit it out and covered it up with paper towels. Don't have to wait until after surgery and dumping syndrome, sweets and carbs repulse me Now. But just to make sure I'll load the Cookie jar with choco-chip cookies. Put on my food grade plastic gloves and stir him up a batch. You see,i am and have been for a while, allergic to chocolate. Last time he wanted brownies I put on my gloves and my trusty 😷mask over my nose so I wouldn't inhale cocoa powder and have an asthma attack. TK took one look at me and said" If you Didn' want me to have any, all you had to do was tell me so!"😷

I drink Gin and low cal tonic twice (sometimes three times) a week...and boy are we making some lovely gins in Scotland right now! 🍸🍸

First time I tasted a Gin Martini I was shocked- it tasted just like a pine cone smells. Then I had a moment of clarity-- Gin is made from🌲 Juniper- now I understand!

My 2 week liquid diet starts next Thursday. This week I've eaten terribly. I've got a list of foods to eat by then.

10 hours ago, ChellNC said:

My 2 week liquid diet starts next Thursday. This week I've eaten terribly. I've got a list of foods to eat by then.

So you're hosting a "formal" food funeral. :lol: I just winged-it!

I had a a few drags of my kid's cigarette when my husband was in the hospital recovering from heart attack/cardiac cath aneurysm two weeks ago.

Tasted like crap but, as always, the first two drags on a cig gets me high. Never needed any other drugs. Chilled me right out! Worth it. No cravings. No risk of going back. Just needed to calm down for a sec.

Well last evening I was a bad little presurgical puppy. Now if you are pension or Social Security dependant like moi, the first of every month you run around like a chicken with diarrhea. Well I was tired and getting cranky,because I had missed,snack and supper. So I ordered Marco 🍕, what to get me? Settled on meatball bake. Ate 1/5. calories 380 that's bad enough, Protein okay, Fiber 9kay, but the fat level oopsey! Well I'm back on the Protein Shakes and company today and planning to stay there. I agreed to give it my best efforts and I shall but had a blip- a- matic moment didn't I?

I had 8 beers at a Foam Party on Saturday night.
Had to take my time because the "too drunk" would start to creep in pretty quickly. But overall, no issues, like at all. Which actually is another one of those "WTF" times... because, "I'm not supposed to be able to tolerate beer"... but it went just fine. So now, it's like YAY I can drink beer without any issues... but also Dammit I can drink beer without any issues...