Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

So im usually pretty good with my food choices. But i am human.

Here goes....my drug of choice? Reeses Peanut Butter cups...not the regular. The white chocolate. OMG....delicious

I keep a secret stash, downstairs in the freezer....😋

I eat Diana's Bananas (dark chocolate variety) about every other day and you can pry them out of my cold dead hands, thank you very much. Once every few weeks I'll make myself a "chocolate shake" out of a frozen banana, hot chocolate powder and milk, which I never finish because the damn blender whips a ton of air into it so I fill up fast. I also buy those little Hoodsie cups of ice cream, because Halo Top and its evil cohort are indigestible for my stomach so I have to indulge in the real stuff in small quantities.

I have been developing a Wendy's problem, for psychological reasons involving a different commute and old behavior patterns. Getting a chicken sandwich about once a week, which is DELICIOUS for three bites and then I throw it out, which is basically the same as throwing a fistful of dollar bills into the trash. Ridiculous. I also was hitting up the Dunkin Donuts for a morning coffee until I realized I'd WAY underestimated the amount of calories in the drink I was ordering, and now I'm saving that for once a week (and diverting my driving route).

Oh god, and the new place I'm working has Rice Krispie Treats EVERYWHERE, and when everyone grabs a snack I grab that, and it's gotten to the point that people BRING IT TO ME when they get coffee, and a few days ago I realized I had about five of them hoarded in my apartment just because I'd thrown them in my bag at work. And then of course I ate them, because hey, rice, right?

My dietician/surgeon plan isn't particular strict, focusing on balance more than ruled-out foods, so I've mostly been trying to keep an even balance and small quantities. Did this stop me from buying a wedge of carrot cake last week and eating it over three days? No, no it did not.

Edited by sideeye

I eat Diana's Bananas (dark chocolate variety) about every other day and you can pry them out of my cold dead hands, thank you very much. Once every few weeks I'll make myself a "chocolate shake" out of a frozen banana, hot chocolate powder and milk, which I never finish because the damn blender whips a ton of air into it so I fill up fast. I also buy those little Hoodsie cups of ice cream, because Halo Top and its evil cohort are indigestible for my stomach so I have to indulge in the real stuff in small quantities.
I have been developing a Wendy's problem, for psychological reasons involving a different commute and old behavior patterns. Getting a chicken sandwich about once a week, which is DELICIOUS for three bites and then I throw it out, which is basically the same as throwing a fistful of dollar bills into the trash. Ridiculous. I also was hitting up the Dunkin Donuts for a morning coffee until I realized I'd WAY underestimated the amount of calories in the drink I was ordering, and now I'm saving that for once a week (and diverting my driving route).
Oh god, and the new place I'm working has Rice Krispie Treats EVERYWHERE, and when everyone grabs a snack I grab that, and it's gotten to the point that people BRING IT TO ME when they get coffee, and a few days ago I realized I had about five of them hoarded in my apartment just because I'd thrown them in my bag at work. And then of course I ate them, because hey, rice, right?
My dietician/surgeon plan isn't particular strict, focusing on balance more than ruled-out foods, so I've mostly been trying to keep an even balance and small quantities. Did this stop me from buying a wedge of carrot cake last week and eating it over three days? No, no it did not.
This chocolate banana shake, I want to try, I just found a bag of Isopure chocolate shake mix from early post op that I never used...

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

And its Fracking AMAZING

I took my boys to Great Wolf Lodge and our meals were included (breakfast, lunch and dinner). I emailed the hotel prior about their nutritional info but they didn’t have any.

I ended up eating an omelette for Breakfast, chicken finger and olives for lunch, and chicken rotisserie and mashed potatoes for dinner.

I am happy that I can eat most things without feeling sick but I felt incredibly guilty afterwards and swear that my stomach sticks out a bit more even days after. I’m sure it’s in my head but still worried about screwing up my diet!

I have been able to eat brown rice cakes (dill flavour! Yumm) and lactose and sugar free ice cream sandwiches. I had a few bites of fries. Those have been my cheats so far :)

11 minutes ago, Pink nova said:

I ended up eating an omelette for Breakfast, chicken finger and olives for lunch, and chicken rotisserie and mashed potatoes for dinner.

You could have made far worse choices! You don't need to feel so guilty. :)

1 hour ago, Tealael said:

I'm going to need someone to create a thread on how to cheat better... I need some tips lol

Maybe just how we define cheating?

From reading these posts most of my days I'm out of town would be scandalous. But if I stick around 600 cals or less and hit Protein on those day, I don't feel a bit guilty.

I feel guilty when I have to go out of my way to make bad choices. Healthy food in the house, but Uber Eats is at the door. Hundereds of times going to a C-stores without tempation, just get my diet coke (again, no guilt), but end up buying and eating half a package of Cookies.

So maybe a question for another thread, what do you consider a cheat, vs, a part of a balanced and moderate diet?

On 07/21/2018 at 19:14, Tealael said:

I'm going to need someone to create a thread on how to cheat better... I need some tips lol

Me too!!! That’s would be great!

For a how to cheat better tip...… Try a sea salt caramel Enlightened bar. 80 calories and 7 grams of Protein. It's also pretty low carb. So not really a cheat food but it tastes like one. Even hits those pleasure centers. The mint chocolate chip one is pretty good too. Didn't love the Cookies and cream ones. Those are the only 3 flavors I tried. They sell in pints but I prefer the single serve bars.

Confession: On vacation I split a slice of Cheesecake factory carrot cake cheese cake with my mom. Pretty sure I exceeded the days calories in one sitting.

For a how to cheat better tip...… Try a sea salt caramel Enlightened bar. 80 calories and 7 grams of Protein. It's also pretty low carb. So not really a cheat food but it tastes like one. Even hits those pleasure centers. The mint chocolate chip one is pretty good too. Didn't love the Cookies and cream ones. Those are the only 3 flavors I tried. They sell in pints but I prefer the single serve bars.
Confession: On vacation I split a slice of Cheesecake factory carrot cake cheese cake with my mom. Pretty sure I exceeded the days calories in one sitting.
Yeah , Cheesecake factory Desserts are at minimum 1k cals...

Maybe just how we define cheating?

From reading these posts most of my days I'm out of town would be scandalous. But if I stick around 600 cals or less and hit Protein on those day, I don't feel a bit guilty.

I feel guilty when I have to go out of my way to make bad choices. Healthy food in the house, but Uber Eats is at the door. Hundereds of times going to a C-stores without tempation, just get my diet coke (again, no guilt), but end up buying and eating half a package of Cookies.

So maybe a question for another thread, what do you consider a cheat, vs, a part of a balanced and moderate diet?

My cals are higher, but I want some rules from pro cheaters lol, those that are still winning...

Like I only eat Snacks on waxing crescent moons or all of my Cookies have Protein in them... Cheat codes

This confession carries over from another thread . . . One of my sons made peach cobbler last night and I just couldn't resist. I did control the portion size by using a small bowl and I used sf cool whip instead of ice cream, but still :blush: Today's another day.

On 07/22/2018 at 07:32, Orchids&Dragons said:

This confession carries over from another thread . . . One of my sons made peach cobbler last night and I just couldn't resist. I did control the portion size by using a small bowl and I used sf cool whip instead of ice cream, but still :blush: Today's another day.

Is saying YOLO too far? Normally, on this site that would be a recipe for disaster. But given the nature of this thread, YOLO!

3 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

This journey is about making better choices, not about being perfect :)