Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

On 08/23/2018 at 16:53, Little Green said:

So sorry to hear the sausages made you feel that way :( Fatty foods like sausage, some cheeses, oil-based dressings, etc. do this to me as well. Definitely stick to easier foods until you're farther out!

I should have known, I was congratulating myself on no sugar/carbs, but clearly that as not enough! I’m definitely not planning on doing it again soon!

To add insult to injury even though I threw it up I was up 1.8 lbs today. I know it’s unrelated but it still was an extra effective nudge away from cheating!

I felt like you where holding that in for a while haha it’s okay I cheated a little bit too but not as much!

I cheat and will continue to cheat, I know that sounds crazy to some but I know that this is a lifelong marathon and not a race. I also know that as long as I watch what I eat, balance things out and not get to crazy that I will be able to moderate any weight gain if any. I now exercise more than I have in a VERY long time and find myself taking the stairs, and simply moving more than I used to. I eat pizza, chips, crackers, and even desert from time to time. I also am sticking to drinking 2-3 Protein Shakes a day two of which are supplemented for meals. I know as long as I keep doing what I am doing (and weighing myself to keep track) I will be ok, I have support around me as well as several others that have had the surgery and we all keep each other on track. I have worked hard to be where I am at and I am not going to let anything out there put the weight back on me!

On 8/17/2018 at 4:32 PM, sillykitty said:

Pre-Confession here ...

I’m going on vacation, actually on the plane right now. I plan to eat whatever I want. I know there will be fish and chips (well probably not many chips, don’t like chunky chips), meat pies, plenty of Indian food, sticky toffee pudding, and beer.

Not going to feel one bit guilty about it. I get far too little vacation time, and I am going to enjoy what I have to the fullest.

Back from vacation!

Weighed myself first morning after my return, in 12 days, total gain of 4.5 lbs.

I'm okay with this. It is manageable for me to get that back off. It was worth it to be able to fully experience the food culture. (I was in Scotland, btw)

I think the biggest contributing factor to the gain was the liquid calories in beer. I have a lot of restriction, so even eating recklessly my food calories aren't terribly high. But add a couple of pints of beer a day .... yeah .... :blush:

The hardest thing is getting myself mentally back on track. I have to make good decisions about what I'm eating, not just because I want it. For instance I ate a pack of airplane peanuts without really thinking. I wasn't hungry, I don't even love peanuts, but I ate them. I regretted it when I logged the 170 calories though.

I also found a new slider food. Soft untoasted bread, like sandwich bread, I can eat a lot of without feeling much restriction.

I also learned that eating fast is a benefit for me. Slow leisurely meals allow me to basically graze, and I end up eating a lot more. I knew this from tapas style meals at home, but with slow European service at restaurants, this happened meal after meal on this trip.

In two months I have another vacation. It will be Pasta, gelato & wine, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it :P

Edited by sillykitty

6 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Back from vacation!

Weighed myself first morning after my return, in 12 days, total gain of 4.5 lbs.

I'm okay with this. It is manageable for me to get that back off. It was worth it to be able to fully experience the food culture. (I was in Scotland, btw)

I think the biggest contributing factor to the gain was the liquid calories in beer. I have a lot of restriction, so even eating recklessly my food calories aren't terribly high. But add a couple of pints of beer a day .... yeah .... :blush:

The hardest thing is getting myself mentally back on track. I have to make good decisions about what I'm eating, not just because I want it. For instance I ate a pack of airplane peanuts without really thinking. I wasn't hungry, I don't even love peanuts, but I ate them. I regretted it when I logged the 170 calories though.

I also found a new slider food. Soft untoasted bread, like sandwich bread, I can eat a lot of without feeling much restriction.

I also learned that eating fast is a benefit for me. Slow leisurely meals allow me to basically graze, and I end up eating a lot more. I knew this from tapas style meals at home, but with slow European service at restaurants, this happened meal after meal on this trip.

In two months I have another vacation. It will be Pasta, gelato & wine, and I'm just going enjoy every minute of it :P

Sounds like you did amazingly well! Yeah, resriction! Your next trip sounds amazing, too! One upside to European vacations is that you walk your @ss off!

I'm to the point now where I don't think I get dumping syndrome anymore, at least not from sugars... I've been able to eat things I really shouldn't (and wish I couldn't) cookie dough, oreos, cake, etc etc etc... nothing seems to bother me, which REALLY sucks.

6 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Sounds like you did amazingly well! Yeah, resriction! Your next trip sounds amazing, too! One upside to European vacations is that you walk your @ss off!

Thanks, I'm good with it :)

Unfortunately on this trip my travel partner had a bum ankle, so the amount of walking was minimized. Old fat me would have been fine with that. But new me really wanted to get out and hike and walk more. Which surprised me, I don't feel any more fit in my day to day life, but I had so much more energy on this trip.

My next two trips my travel partners are super fit, so barring any injuries, I'm sure they will walk my feet off! ;)

2 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Back from vacation!

:P

Welcome back! and I'm super jealous of your adventures :)

I can't wait to go on vacation next year and see the benefits of the new me.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:34 PM, shalove said:

I’m feeling a little depressed of lately and have been eating my emotions away.. I’m 1 year post gastric sleeve i only lost a total of 70lbs i was hoping to loose at least a 100 or more based on most people i know lost 100 or more. I only lost 70 but i know why because I’ve been eating off way off...

In addition i gained like 6-7lbs i was 268 now I’m 274.i started at 243 I have to get back in track i got really excited that i can eat and been snacking on a lot of nuts plus i wanna work out more haven’t done it consistently since surgery.. i also wanna do the Keto diet have anyone tried keto or intermittent fasting after gastric sleeve...

I know i ‘m my own downfall when it comes to my diet!!!!

I’ve been thru so much with surgery and complications i dont wanna gain it back i need some motivation and some inspiration...

Feeling so defeated

I recently gave up nuts (unless traveling only option) I was eating too many cals worth , its possible to start over and refine your diet as many times as you need.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Matt Z said:

I'm to the point now where I don't think I get dumping syndrome anymore, at least not from sugars... I've been able to eat things I really shouldn't (and wish I couldn't) cookie dough, oreos, cake, etc etc etc... nothing seems to bother me, which REALLY sucks.

Let's switch...

14 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I was in Scotland, btw

Scotch eggs, they'll get you every time. That and the pudding. And the lager. And all that stuff they fry just for fun.

I'm headed to the UK in a month, and unfortunately it's a place with a lot of memory-associated foods, so not only will I be tempted by Dairy Milks and pasties because they're delicious, but I'll have impulses to go to very particular sandwich shops or get very particular coffees because I'm time-traveling. I'm only there a few days, I'm just going to roll with it.

My current cheat is a warm mug of chai before bed (the milky kind, not the tea).

On 8/30/2018 at 6:01 AM, sillykitty said:

Back two days, and still struggling with hunger, both physical and mental. I can only think it is a consequence of eating without any limits while on vacation. I had been relatively hunger free the weeks leading up to vacation.

11 hours ago, sideeye said:

Scotch eggs, they'll get you every time. That and the pudding. And the lager. And all that stuff they fry just for fun.

I'm headed to the UK in a month, and unfortunately it's a place with a lot of memory-associated foods, so not only will I be tempted by Dairy Milks and pasties because they're delicious, but I'll have impulses to go to very particular sandwich shops or get very particular coffees because I'm time-traveling. I'm only there a few days, I'm just going to roll with it.

My current cheat is a warm mug of chai before bed (the milky kind, not the tea).

I have a Brit ex and came to love UK candies and Cookies. Pre WLS me would have loaded my suitcase with sweets to bring home. Now I just inadvertently have a half pack of Hobnobs and a Crunchie bar here with me. Meant to leave those with my traveling companion :blush:. Must be strong!

I forgot my lunch today but of course I had what I thought were healthy Snacks. However… I did not realize I was eating 3 ounces of dried seasoned chickpeas (which by the way are ridiculously good!)
… Healthy option right? Yes… But high in calories if you eat three servings! I just ate 512 cal of chickpeas… Holy crap. Essentially an ounce and a half for lunch and outs and a half for snack throughout the day.

Of course in perspective could’ve been Cookies ha ha

🙄