Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else on one month of Clear Liquids (w/protein shakes every two hours) or is that just me? Sleeved on 4/27

That seems like torture! I had 7 days of Clear Liquids and 2 additional weeks of full liquids.

Height: 5’6
Starting BMI: 37
VSG: 4/16/18
Starting Weight: 241
Surgery Weight: 229
Current Weight: 213 (17 days post op)
GW: 160
MFP: Fit4LifeAR

I had two weeks of full liquid and the surgeon reluctantly let me go onto soft foods. In the two weeks of full liquid I was nowhere near getting the amount of Water or Protein because I wasn’t able to handle it. I’ve just started soft foods yesterday and so far I’m eating but have to learn how to eat really slow . I was unable to handle Protein Shakes and most liquids, therefore I was admitted back to the ER for fluids.

I’m two weeks postop. Anyone notice that their sense of smell changed? I can barely smell anything....

17 hours ago, ksloan said:

I’m two weeks postop. Anyone notice that their sense of smell changed? I can barely smell anything....

Yes, I actually am having the opposite effect. I am overly sensitive to smells which is making the nausea worse.

I had my two week postop today and my doctor said most people experience symptoms like yours Olivia. Not yet sure why I can barely smell anything....
HW 250
SW 237
Two post op:223
5’3

Just now, ksloan said:

I had my two week postop today and my doctor said most people experience symptoms like yours Olivia. Not yet sure why I can barely smell anything....
HW 250
SW 237
Two post op:223
5’3

Thank you. My doctor made me feel like I am crazy when I told him. I finally switched over to my primary MD for help since my surgeon is blowing everything off.

Well I think I hit the infamous 1st plateau. I’ve been struggling to get my Protein in as I just could not drink the shakes let alone the 2-3 needed in the FL stage. Being dairy sensitive my NUT and I knew the FL was going to be my biggest challenge. I tried switching to Liquid Protein flavored drinks but it’s seriously like drinking kool-aide a 6 year old made aka wayyyy too sweet. Liquid/blended Soups have at least gotten me most of the way there but not the 70+ goal I should be getting.

I’m so looking forward to the soft foods stage. I ordered a couple of Bariatric Cookbooks to help get my head around what a serving size is since we love to cook in our house.

Now I just need to get my butt more active.

Best thing: I get to take off my steri strips today! (Two week mark)

Today is my first day on softball/pureed foods! So happy to have a scrambled egg for breakfast... three bites and I was full. lunch was tuna salad and dinner will be my Protein Shake.< br>
HW: 256
SW: 238(4/25/18)
CW: 230
GW: 165

Yes, I actually am having the opposite effect. I am overly sensitive to smells which is making the nausea worse.

I am having the same problem everything I smell makes me queasy

Hi browneyez
So do you need to purée the egg or it’s ok to eat scrambled ? My surgery date was the day before yours.

My sense of smell is intensified and I get nauseous, and my taste buds have changed in that some foods that I like to previous to surgery I can’t handle or don’t like

Help! What am I doing wrong?
Hello everyone. I had my surgery March 30th. I lost 10 pounds the first week, 3 pounds the second week, and no weight loss the third week. Today starts week 4. I'm TERRIFIED I've done this surgery and won't see the results I expected. I am following the diet plan to the letter. I reached out to my patient coordinated, etc. to make sure I'm following the plan/diet correctly.
Has anyone else experienced this? Have suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

One stress doesnt help it says no stressing about your easier said than done write i know find something to occupy time have you started to exercise or go for a walk and talk to your surgeon and try to pin point whats going on or your stalling first than out of nowhere it will come off

I tried scrambled eggs and it makes me nauseous. but after a visit to my Dr I had to stay on liquids because I'm not getting my fluids in

1 hour ago, ElisabethE said:

My sense of smell is intensified and I get nauseous, and my taste buds have changed in that some foods that I like to previous to surgery I can’t handle or don’t like

Same! Do you think this will go away over time? I am even finding that some things may be somewhat tolerable to drink one day but make me nauseous the next day.

I hope this goes away soon… I made salmon last night for dinner and it made me very sick as did the fresh shrimp and crab I had at lunch. I had salmon a few days ago and I was fine… It’s hard to know day today how things will affect me