Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nice that’s great congrats that’s a huge loss. I bet your happy to move forward on to full liquids:)

Absolutely i was elated when he said i can move forward i was grinning ear to ear.

Surgery Date 19/4/2018
SW 164kg 361lbs
CW 154kg 339lbs

My pain was pretty much gone when I left the hospital. I took non narcotic pain meds twice when I got home and stopped because of the taste. but it was manageable without meds.

Omg I'm so jealous! .. I did have the liquid Tylenol to help.

Congrats! So happy things are moving along for you. Keep up the good work!

Thank you [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120] wish you all the best too

Surgery Date 19/4/2018
SW 164kg 361lbs
CW 154kg 339lbs

On 04/25/2018 at 6:28 PM ,short_sleever said:

Where they liquid or chewable tylenol? Or did you crush tylenol?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

They gave me liquid in the hospital the last 2 days because I requested it. I'm a recovering addict and wanted off narcotics fast. I crushed them at home.

They gave me liquid in the hospital the last 2 days because I requested it. I'm a recovering addict and wanted off narcotics fast. I crushed them at home.

Yeah I refused narcotics too and they gave me liquid tylenol but I forgot to ask about when I got home.. thanks!

I had surgery on the 18th of April and was released from the hospital late on the 19th. I am having trouble eating/drinking enough hydrating and Protein due to pain and nausea. I spent yesterday in the emergency room getting fluids. I spoke to the surgeons and they have told me just to try to get in whatever I am able to. They also told me to take simethicone for the gas.

1 hour ago, ElisabethE said:

I had surgery on the 18th of April and was released from the hospital late on the 19th. I am having trouble eating/drinking enough hydrating and Protein due to pain and nausea. I spent yesterday in the emergency room getting fluids. I spoke to the surgeons and they have told me just to try to get in whatever I am able to. They also told me to take simethicone for the gas.

So sorry to hear you are having trouble. I had my surgery at the first of the month. I struggle daily with getting enough Water and Protein. Had to try tons of stuff before I am starting to find what works for me. Sobe water was easier for me and I start as soon as I wake up and keep one in my hand or by my side every single minute of the day. I also eat a lot of sugar-free popsicles (every little bit of Fluid counts!). I still don't get the entire amount but I am close and getting closer. I have read lots about protein causing nausea and vomiting - although you don't hear much about it - it is a thing. I went through a good deal of money and days of not feeling well to figure out what worked for me. In the end, I suffered through the liquid diet portion with as much protein as I could manage without being put down - unfortunately I was sickly feeling most days. Now that I am in week #4 I am eating as much of my protein as I can. After trying every recommended Protein Powder in every way imaginable (mixed with Jello, food, etc.), Protein Bars, and protein powder recipes... I know that my body just CANNOT process that stuff. I get it in with my "meals". It's the first thing I eat. Now if I can get in more greens I think I can survive ;)

I hope it is somewhat helpful to know that there are others having trouble similar to your experience. Thankfully I haven't had to resort to the ER but early on there were a couple of days I probably should have.

I wish you all the best for a speedy breakthrough. Hang in there and please let me know if there's anything I can do or if you just need to chat with someone.

Thank you for listening to me vent and for all the helpful advice and tips

You were sleeved on my birthday! What is simethicone?

Happy Belated Birthday...simeticone is basically Gas-X