Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m feeling pretty good, the only thing is I can’t figure out what to eat. I’m trying to get all my Protein in. Surgery date was on the 7th today I’m 18 pounds down. I’m just so hungry and ready for some soft foods

I had mine on 4/3 and I'm the same way. I feel hungry constantly and I'm ready for soft foods. I've bought a lot of things and have it on "my" shelf, but until the 1st, it will just sit there. I've tried things here and there, I've cheated. And then I feel physically crappy the rest of the day. I'm struggling to get my 64oz of Fluid in. I feel I'm drinking all day and I still don't get it in.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had mine on 4/3 and I'm the same way. I feel hungry constantly and I'm ready for soft foods. I've bought a lot of things and have it on "my" shelf, but until the 1st, it will just sit there. I've tried things here and there, I've cheated. And then I feel physically crappy the rest of the day. I'm struggling to get my 64oz of Fluid in. I feel I'm drinking all day and I still don't get it in.

Sugar free popsicles helped meet my Fluid intake.

Sugar free popsicles helped meet my Fluid intake.

Me too. Sleeved 4/11 and still haven’t gotten my 50oz/day in yet. I’m gonna keep on sipping and eventually I’ll get there. When I’m full my nose runs. I use that as my gauge to take a lil break. So weird.

Me too. Sleeved 4/11 and still haven’t gotten my 50oz/day in yet. I’m gonna keep on sipping and eventually I’ll get there. When I’m full my nose runs. I use that as my gauge to take a lil break. So weird.

OMG, if I cheat and eat a lot, my nose runs too. I thought I was the only one.

OMG, if I cheat and eat a lot, my nose runs too. I thought I was the only one.

No you’re not. My nose runs with liquids too fast though. Not even cheating and I get busted. Lol

No you’re not. My nose runs with liquids too fast though. Not even cheating and I get busted. Lol

Too funny. Good thing to know I'm not the only oddball

Matching odd ball here! Lol

What stage are you on?

What stage are you on?

Just started stage 2 - liquids with Protein Drinks. I can’t wait until next Wednesday so I can try some puréed foods.
What stage are you in?

Just started stage 2 - liquids with Protein Drinks. I can’t wait until next Wednesday so I can try some puréed foods.
What stage are you in?

I just started stage 2 this past Tuesday. I was drinking Protein Drinks before, but now I have to have Fairlife milk added or a milk based Protein. I go to my Dr on May 1st to hopefully change to pureed/soft foods. I have to be on stage 2 for 2 weeks. Ugh. But, I wonder how I will be starting thicker things. I finished a Protein Drink earlier and apparently drank too fast because my nose started running.

I just started stage 2 this past Tuesday. I was drinking Protein Drinks before, but now I have to have Fairlife milk added or a milk based Protein. I go to my Dr on May 1st to hopefully change to pureed/soft foods. I have to be on stage 2 for 2 weeks. Ugh. But, I wonder how I will be starting thicker things. I finished a Protein Drink earlier and apparently drank too fast because my nose started running.

Isn’t it so funny how every program is different? I’m 1 week Clear Liquids, 1 week liquids with Protein or cream Soups, 1 week puréed, 1 week soft food, then move to regular food. I have my first follow up appt on Tuesday. Then next Wednesday I can try the purée but if I have issues I have to go back to liquids for 2 days and then try again. I just had some cream of potato (little less than 2 oz and not the chunks) and I’m trying to decide if my belly is gonna like it. It’s roaring right now. No pain but loud and grumbly. Nose, of course, is running.

It’s so funny how every program is different? I’m 1 week Clear Liquids, 1 week liquids with Protein or cream Soups, 1 week puréed, 1 week soft food, then move to regular food. I have my first follow up appt on Tuesday. Then next Wednesday I can try the purée but if I have issues I have to go back to liquids for 2 days and then try again. I just had some cream of potato (little less than 2 oz and not the chunks) and I’m trying to decide if my belly is gonna like it. It’s roaring right now. No pain but loud and grumbly. Nose, of course, is running. [emoji25]

You're right, my husband and I have talked about the different drs requirements. Mine is 2 weeks Clear Liquids and clear Protein drinks, 2 weeks milk protein, then 3 weeks soft/pureed, then solids. My tummy makes all kinds of crazy noises constantly. Not really growling, but like when I used to make myself burp and swallowed the air.

You're right, my husband and I have talked about the different drs requirements. Mine is 2 weeks Clear Liquids and clear Protein Drinks, 2 weeks milk Protein, then 3 weeks soft/pureed, then solids. My tummy makes all kinds of crazy noises constantly. Not really growling, but like when I used to make myself burp and swallowed the air.

Mines been doing that too. Gurgle gurgle. Lol For your stage 2 what would you be doing if you were lactose intolerant?

Mines been doing that too. Gurgle gurgle. Lol For your stage 2 what would you be doing if you were lactose intolerant?

Good question. They said it had to be low carbs. So maybe some kind of almond milk or something along that line that's lactose free. I'm just guessing though. I just went ahead and bought Premier Protein because my hubby tried milk with the Protein Powder I was using and he said it tasted awful, so I didn't want to go that route.

Good question. They said it had to be low carbs. So maybe some kind of almond milk or something along that line that's lactose free. I'm just guessing though. I just went ahead and bought Premier Protein because my hubby tried milk with the Protein Powder I was using and he said it tasted awful, so I didn't want to go that route.

I’m using the Premier Protein too. They are pretty tasty. My nutritionist told me to get the Cookies & cream one, freeze it for a mock ice cream treat. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m sure I will once that flavor is more available. Haven’t seen it at Walmart yet.