Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having my surgery April 25th. I am excited to lose weight, nervous about the surgery, anxious about the pain, and hopeful to a healthier future.

Had mine 04/03 also! How are you doing?

I'm doing good. The gas pains are getting better. I'm only hurting where the drainage bulb is, it comes out Tuesday. How about you?

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

April Sleever here!!! Surgery scheduled 04/11/2018!!

I’m the same day! We got this!!

MACPOWER my Cornhusker buddy out in Lincoln, Nebraska will be joining you on the Bench of Victory that day with his spiffy brand new bananarama pouch shining![emoji85][emoji87][emoji86]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Today is tough. 2nd day Home post op. I stopped taking pain pills because they make me feel worse. I had to cut the pills and take a piece every 15 minutes. It took 2 hours. They didn’t help the pain and made me hot. I’m just sipping Water and broth. I know this will get better. So far they stopped all my diabetes meds so that’s a win I’m holding on to. Each day will get better, but whoever thinks this is the easy way out is flat out wrong.

Hang in there.....

And the sun[emoji295]will shine for you soon, not even babies emerge painlessly into this world, had 3, I know! But a little discomfort now will be well worth the victories! The Why me? of today will be followed by Why yes, I was sure I could do this all along! Hang in there until your tomorrows arrive![emoji178][emoji13]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/20/2018 at 8:16 PM, brookeville777 said:

I think right now I'm still trying to digest the fact that this may actually really happen after all. My surgeon told me that my bmi is 50 which makes me high risk. I'm kinda tripping on that. It makes me wonder if I can ever get to a nice looking body instead of just healthy. Sounds selfish I'm sure but my head is spinning probably

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Well Praise God it is done and I am now on day 4 post op. I was sent home with a drainage bag which is suppose to be normal but ow normal is it that I' still having the same amount of drainage that I've had since day one and how long will I have to keep this in?

I'm doing good. The gas pains are getting better. I'm only hurting where the drainage bulb is, it comes out Tuesday. How about you?

I’m doing good so far. I don’t have a drainage bulb. Mine was laparoscopic and the site the pulled the stomach though still is very sore and bruised. I’m on Protein Shakes and handling those well. Stopped my pain meds yesterday. I did have contact dermatitis to the adhesive on the heart monitor leads so that itches and sucks. Overall, doing well just kinda emotional.

I’m doing good so far. I don’t have a drainage bulb. Mine was laparoscopic and the site the pulled the stomach though still is very sore and bruised. I’m on Protein Shakes and handling those well. Stopped my pain meds yesterday. I did have contact dermatitis to the adhesive on the heart monitor leads so that itches and sucks. Overall, doing well just kinda emotional.

Mine was laproscopic too. The tape and leads made me itchy too. That's why I'm so ready for this drainage bulb out. I've had moments of being emotional. But it's mostly because I want something other than fluids.

Male, UK. Got sleeved on 3rd April.

Pre-op diet went fine - mainly Protein Shakes (low carb) and lean meat. Actually lost 5kg before surgery thanks to lots of activity (mainly cycling around) during the diet.

Operation was fine - textbook, according to the surgeon. Surgery day was a bit rough - lots of nausea and retching when I woke up, and I was worried I'd damage my stomach with all the retching, but everything was fine and this was a normal thing apparently.

Was OK next day - antibiotics and painkillers initially but didn't need any further painkillers after getting up and walking about - did some corridor pacing the first day which really helped with comfort.

Second day a bit tired, focused on walking around, breathing exercises (using the spirometer), changed dressings to waterproof ones and showered, which helped. No real pain of any kind, didn't need painkillers after day 1.

Back home now - easily tired but feeling better after eating (mainly blended chicken Soup and Protein shakes) - fill up very fast, feel like I've eaten a full Christmas turkey dinner after 200 ml of soup. Have to be careful about drinking too soon after eating, but drinking the 2L of Fluid my doctor recommended in small sips through the day.

So far down another 5kg since surgery (Day 6). Being careful not to lift, but no problems with mobility and I'm able to sleep and move around pretty well. On blood thinners, and antacids daily, and a Calcium supplement. Taking soluble Vitamins (a mix of a soluble C supplement and a Multi-Vitamin spray). Hoping all goes well.

Male, UK. Got sleeved on 3rd April.
Pre-op diet went fine - mainly Protein Shakes (low carb) and lean meat. Actually lost 5kg before surgery thanks to lots of activity (mainly cycling around) during the diet.
Operation was fine - textbook, according to the surgeon. Surgery day was a bit rough - lots of nausea and retching when I woke up, and I was worried I'd damage my stomach with all the retching, but everything was fine and this was a normal thing apparently.
Was OK next day - antibiotics and painkillers initially but didn't need any further painkillers after getting up and walking about - did some corridor pacing the first day which really helped with comfort.
Second day a bit tired, focused on walking around, breathing exercises (using the spirometer), changed dressings to waterproof ones and showered, which helped. No real pain of any kind, didn't need painkillers after day 1.
Back home now - easily tired but feeling better after eating (mainly blended chicken Soup and Protein shakes) - fill up very fast, feel like I've eaten a full Christmas turkey dinner after 200 ml of Soup. Have to be careful about drinking too soon after eating, but drinking the 2L of Fluid my doctor recommended in small sips through the day.
So far down another 5kg since surgery (Day 6). Being careful not to lift, but no problems with mobility and I'm able to sleep and move around pretty well. On blood thinners, and antacids daily, and a Calcium supplement. Taking soluble Vitamins (a mix of a soluble C supplement and a Multi-Vitamin spray). Hoping all goes well.

It's funny how different surgeons are. We didn't have waterproof dressings, but I could take a shower and change my dressing. I can't start my Vitamins until after my 1st pre op visit which is Tuesday. I won't be able to eat any food for a month, then it will be pureed food. And my Dr said vomiting wasn't normal. Thankfully I only got a little nauseous and got better after nausea meds.