Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bless your heart. Glad to hear you are doing good. Take care.

Thank you. I made it through day 1. Swallowing isn’t bad, I just have to remember tiny sips or I feel like major heartburn for a minute. It’s weird that I can feel the Fluid going into my stomach. I’ve also had the nicest nurses ever.

I am doing great! Had the VSG on 4/4. No nausea and minimal pain managed with Tylenol. My doctor says that I have to wait for a week before I can drive. I have not heard that before. Does anyone else have a drive restriction?

I have the same restrictions. You need to be off pain meds first. My nurse said your body is healing and it would hamper your progress if you were in a accident. We can’t trust the other drivers out there.

congratulations domi,what a crazy story.i too have to wait a week before driving.i stuck 100./. to the clear liq diet a wk before preop & now a wk after & am dwn 20lbs.i know its hard but it made surgery go extremely well,u dont want to take a chance or have complications.

Started the day in surgery prep with a power outage, so surgery was delayed an hour. After surgery(thank goodness) there was an earthquake. This goes with my crazy life ) I’m doing great so far. Surgery was 9 hours ago. I’m taking pain meds and drinking fluids very slowly. I’m also able to walk pretty good. Thanks for your support. We’re all in this together

Oh my goodness Domi! What a story! I am so glad that you are doing well. Congrats!

March 27th 2 weeks in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Had my surgery on April 4th, found this community today.

Preop diet was hard mentally did have a Cheat day one week prior to surgery BEER and Wings had to say goodbye lol..

Managed to lose 11lbs pre op Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch, dinner was usually Soup or 3 ounces of chicken and a small bowl of black Beans.

Starting weight was 330lbs surgery date was 319lbs today I am at 313lbs looking forward to seeing the weight melt away and hitting the gym to help out.

My surgery was 1 hour 30 mins long since I had to remove my lapband, I was up and walking an hour later and checked myself out an hour after that.

Drinking fluids is a New experience as its very sensitive, so take small sips and stick to it you'll know how much you can swallow before feeling this cramp. its gotten better today 48hours post op.

Took a few percocets for pain at night first night and second day today I am feeling great (still sore) but more normal and drove myself to work to get some paperwork done I know I know but I am a rebel and rules are for other people...

Hope to contribute however possible to the board. Good luck to future sleevers and lets kick some ass with our new tools.

Welcome Adrian and congratulations on a successful surgery. May you have a smooth recovery and continued weight loss. I am just about your size, have not had my WLS yet.[emoji22] Possibly May for a RnY so I hope to follow all your Victories. We all hope you'll stay a part of Bariatric Pal, we enjoy every new friend we meet here[emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow. Congrats I am so super tired my surgery was the 27th of March.

4 minutes ago, frust8 said:

Welcome Adrian and congratulations on a successful surgery. May you have a smooth recovery and continued weight loss. I am just about your size, have not had my WLS yet. Possibly May for a RnY so I hope to follow all your Victories. We all hope you'll stay a part of Bariatric Pal, we enjoy every new friend we meet here

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Will do brother, I was on the ropes for a while about getting it done since I had previously paid for Lapband surgery in 2012 and although I enjoyed the weight loss I HATED the band... The other day was my daughters first daddy daughter dance and I was one of the biggest dads there she doesn't mind it but it bothered me enough to to take the steps to make this Drastic change. Tying my shoes, cutting my toenails and other personal aspects in my life were starting to become affected by my weight so I figured it was the right time and got a good deal on the surgery and financing. The Rest will be history I hope you get your surgery start getting your mind ready as this game is won there.

im five days post op & dwn 20lbs since 1 wk pre op.the only issue im having is the back door trots,had a little all along but yesterday was more frequent,its not a big amnt,tmi,sorry,but enough to b uncomfortable,& it sounded like there was an alien in my belly.the only thing i have added was the Protein water.wow are they sweet,even diluting in half is not enough to take that sweetness away.im diluting 3 ways today.im over the Jello, popsicles,broth,& dec teas.i cant wait to add Protein Shakes, yogurt,sf pudding, crm Soups, crm of wht,skim milk,&v8 jce on sunday, but slowly im told.anyone else having issues?the dr. said i could take imodium but i was trying to avoid that.

Definitely having the same issues, but you have to realize we aren't really consuming food.< br>

Ive been a little gassy too finally tooting my horn lol better out than in I always say.

Your already drinking Protein? Im on Vitamin Water and clears although I HATE broth so been drinking 3 ounces of strained low sodium chicken noodle Soup twice daily.

Adrian , have you ate anything solid yet, I'm scared.