Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 minute ago, AASosa said:

How are all you Early April sleepers doing??? I am feeling great my body feels much better than before (less knee and backpain) and my clothing is getting nice and baggy which makes me feel good lol. I hope everyone is loosing the weight, I started solids a little earlier than I expected and have no issues usually my meals are 3-4oz which sounds like a Little but dammit I am full lol ive learned to take breaks/pauses when eating as to not overdue it, but the hardest thing for me to overcome is not drinking Water with my meals but working on it.

Anyways hope everyone checks in...

Hey there! Glad to hear all is well for you - good job!

Weight loss is slower than I expected but hey still losing the weight so I am happy! I am super happy to be eating regular foods. Still working on eating slow enough - I'll try the breaks like you are doing. My struggle is getting enough Protein and Water. I miss eating greens!!!!! I am craving them like crazy but with all the water and eating Proteins first there just isn't room for a lot of veggies. I wish my body handled Protein Powder bc that seems like the best route. Super hard NOT to drink while eating! I can't wait until a few months down the road when all this seems worth it ;)

Eating fast sucks, the feeling afterwards is no fun (thanksgiving dinner stuffed) Cut your Protein into smaller pieces and chew the crap out of them should help. I had the lapband before so I guess I had that advantage mentally. I still drink Water or eat food and expect it to get stuck lol (HATED THAT THING)

Lately ive been eating, and when I start to feel satisfied I cover my plate and place it in the microwave. If i didn't eat enough I go back for seconds about an hour 1/2 later.

I still haven't started soft/pureed yet. I hopefully will start them May 1st. I had my surgery on the 3rd. I feel hungry constantly, especially at night. My tummy is always making crazy noises which I'm getting used to. I love putting my Protein Drinks in a blender with ice. it's giving me a fake sense of ice cream, the peaches n cream are awesome

Hey Y'all I just heard about this page and I was sleeved on 4/20 (lol!)

I'm feeling awesome, good at getting my Protein in but I've never been a big water/fluid drinker ever so I'm having a little trouble getting all that in.

I've been go go go since Monday, I took the week off of work so I've been spending time with my hubby, doing some shopping, hitting up Lowes/HD for home improvement project stuff and just generally keeping active and busy.

My biggest gripe is the difference of post-op programs that vary from surgeon to surgeon and I was told that it may not be the surgeon but the insurance company that sets it up.

I'm supposed to be 3 weeks on liquids post-op, others are puree 5 days post op. I even saw a TV special about a journalist on Univision that was sleeved and her surgeon said it varies from person to person what the comfort level of food is post op and do what's right for you if you get the sleeve. I had some pudding yesterday and had no issues whatsoever.

But that's my intro, glad to be here!

On 04/27/2018 at 4:40 PM ,RacingGirl said:

Hey Y'all I just heard about this page and I was sleeved on 4/20 (lol!)

I'm feeling awesome, good at getting my Protein in but I've never been a big water/fluid drinker ever so I'm having a little trouble getting all that in.

I've been go go go since Monday, I took the week off of work so I've been spending time with my hubby, doing some shopping, hitting up Lowes/HD for home improvement project stuff and just generally keeping active and busy.

My biggest gripe is the difference of post-op programs that vary from surgeon to surgeon and I was told that it may not be the surgeon but the insurance company that sets it up.

I'm supposed to be 3 weeks on liquids post-op, others are puree 5 days post op. I even saw a TV special about a journalist on Univision that was sleeved and her surgeon said it varies from person to person what the comfort level of food is post op and do what's right for you if you get the sleeve. I had some pudding yesterday and had no issues whatsoever.

But that's my intro, glad to be here!

I'm with you on the different surgeons post op. mine was a week Clear Liquids, 3 weeks Protein with milk based or add Fairlife milk to protein powder. Then I start soft/pureed for about 3 weeks. I've nibbled here and there on things. I'm so ready for substance. I also have trouble getting in fluids and since I'm constipated and nothing works, they want me to go from 64oz to 80. OMG

Hello :) My surgery was April 9. It's been quite the journey so far. I am trying to NOT be upset over the fact that I have only lost 11 lbs since then and just move forward. The first week was SO HARD just trying to keep down liquids. 4 oz's would fill me up so quickly. Most of my scars are healed except the one over my bellybutton. I bought my Premier Protein drinks a week prior to my surgery date and after my surgery, I cannot stand the taste so those were donated to family and friends. What I like one day, I may not like the next day. So that has been "fun." My biggest hurdle so far has been the Vitamins. Swallowing pills and soft chews from Celebrate have made me so sick. So I was SO HAPPY to find a topic titled Multivitamins and viola! PatchMD baby! Now prior to surgery my exercise was just walking. But since I'm not losing as much as I had hoped, I am enrolled in a muscle/weight loss boot camp and I LOVE IT. We don't do the same exercise twice. Every day is different. The biggest let down I would say so far has been my support team from the hospital. The support is just not there and all they want to do is recite what the binder says over and over again. I need more of a human connection since this is a life long journey I'm on and I cannot do it without support. So I contacted my aunt's hospital where she had her gastric sleeve done and the nutritionist there is so on board with helping me. #FistBump Since my surgery most of my body feels jiggly instead of rock hard. My GP doctor says that is good thing and the weight will come off in time. I just wish my breasts would shrink already. The "twins" are just aggrivating at this point.

This is definitely a marathon...not a sprint.

Hello All,

I go in on Monday Morning. I feel like i've been waiting so long for this and now all of the nerves are setting in.

I did not have to do a pre-op liquid diet, only just the day before. I'm really worried I'm eating too much thinking of it as my last meal. Did anyone go through this?

Thanks,

-Christen

Hello All,

I go in on Monday Morning. I feel like i've been waiting so long for this and now all of the nerves are setting in.

I did not have to do a pre-op liquid diet, only just the day before. I'm really worried I'm eating too much thinking of it as my last meal. Did anyone go through this?

Thanks,

-Christen

Hi Christen! I feel the exact same way you do! I could have written your post!

I’m not on a pre-surgery diet either (kaiser), which surprised me... just liquid the day before. My surgery is 5/2, so a couple days after yours. It’s been such a long journey and now that it’s here I go back and forth between being super anxious, emotional, excited, etc.

I had my surgery on April 14, 2018. I also did not to do the preop diet, only the day before. I also felt like I wanted to eat like it was the last supper, no pun intended. The surgeon had set my weight loss before surgery at 11 pounds which was 5% of my bodyweight, And I ended up losing about 30 pounds. My surgeon urge to me at my preop appointment to not do the preop diet, and to maybe try to gain a couple of pounds so I wasn’t as close to the lower end of the BMI

I had my surgery on April 14, 2018. I also did not to do the preop diet, only the day before. I also felt like I wanted to eat like it was the last supper, no pun intended. The surgeon had set my weight loss before surgery at 11 pounds which was 5% of my bodyweight, And I ended up losing about 30 pounds. My surgeon urge to me at my preop appointment to not do the preop diet, and to maybe try to gain a couple of pounds so I wasn’t as close to the lower end of the BMI

He wanted you to gain weight? Huh? [emoji23] thats so confusing! I wish my Dr told me that! Haha! Do you by chance have Kaiser? I’m wondering if it’s common for Kaiser patients not to do the pre op diet.
How has it been since surgery? Any advice?

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, baribetty said:

Hi Christen! I feel the exact same way you do! I could have written your post!

I’m not on a pre-surgery diet either (kaiser), which surprised me... just liquid the day before. My surgery is 5/2, so a couple days after yours. It’s been such a long journey and now that it’s here I go back and forth between being super anxious, emotional, excited, etc.

Oh i'm so glad that i'm not alone with this! I wonder if i gained like 5lbs since my pre-op visit! Tomorrow i'm going to eat more healthy and Sunday is liquid only. I don't want to blow this! I have to remember it's not my last meal but just last solid meal for a few weeks :P

8 minutes ago, ElisabethE said:

Wow losing 30 is great! So you lost too much, isn't that funny.. haha

I had no pre-op weight-loss goal. Ive been trying for awhile, my thyroid is jacked up and i'm praying this helps get everything working properly again.

I went through the University of Washington program. I had been doing weight watchers on and off for many years with success and then I would gain weight back. My surgeon just said that the insurance might have a problem because I was so close to the lowest end of the BMI before surgery.

Good Luck Monday Christen! You sure are finishing up your April,in the best way. May this be only the start of good things for you😝