Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 5/4/2018 at 10:25 PM, TexasMommy80 said:

That seems like torture! I had 7 days of Clear Liquids and 2 additional weeks of full liquids.

Height: 5’6
Starting BMI: 37
VSG: 4/16/18
Starting Weight: 241
Surgery Weight: 229
Current Weight: 213 (17 days post op)
GW: 160
MFP: Fit4LifeAR

I was allowed soft purée from the day i left the hospital. I am 2 weeks post op 4/25 and on soft foods with no issues. i am getting my 60 grams of Protein in and 64 oz of Water. Down 10bls currently at a stall going on 4 days.

Shbunni - I’ve heard that the weight loss continues but is not consistent week to week. You can go from nothing loss one week to 5lbs loss the next week. Just keep following your plan and be patient. Also, have you been cleared to start exercising?

I go back tomorrow for my 1st Post Op appointment. I have been walking 3 miles a day for the past week. Feeling no pain in my feet or knees. For that alone I am grateful.

5 hours ago, olivia2018 said:

Yes, I actually am having the opposite effect. I am overly sensitive to smells which is making the nausea worse.

Ok I'm an April 17th sleever and YES! Some smells make me gag and 2 times throw up and those were cigarette smoke! I used to a smoker, I was around smokers, I took me a long time to quit before my surgery (no lectures, please, I did it!) And now I will throw up if I smell cigarettes too long, which is an extra bonus deterrent, not that I ever plan to smoke EVER again, but still. And booze breath makes me gag.

Congratulations on quitting smoking, I know it’s very difficult. I was sleeved on April 18, 2018 and I’m finding that fried food smell and sugary bakery smells are making me nauseous

Interesting about the sugary bakery smells, at mine in the near future, what will set ME off? Fried bothers me already as well as rotisserie chicken and ribs.😒

I thought I was the only one having taste and smell issues! The smell of cooked food smells horrible! In fact, everything smells the same. Some things like eggs have a really off taste to me right now, but it feels ok on my stomach. I guess its not a bad thing because I'm not really wanting to eat. Does anyone know how long this lasts?

Man I wished food smelled awful! It all smells like heaven and I am stuck at the gates! :59_sleepy:

I was sleeved on April 27th - I had two days of a clear liquid diet prior to surgery then Clear Liquids two days after, and Protein Shakes and clear liquid for two weeks, today is my first day of soft Protein. I can have three ounces a day. So after 16 days of nothing solid I am eating a yogurt and it is divine!

Lost 19 pounds since surgery, I am pretty pleased at that--sometimes I feel like I should of lost more--compensation for pain and suffering. <_<

So yesterday I think between eating a little too much, maybe a little fast and also on the dry size. Well it wasn’t pretty. This is how you learn right?

In lighter news I added some egg white Protein to a blended soup...evidently when you heat it back up you basically get a very flavorful and tasty scrambled eggs.

How are all the April Sleevers doing? What’s your weight loss like? Tips and tricks?

I am down 44lbs have stalled twice broken the stall the same way EAT LESS and hit the cardio lol both times great results. I find that eating carbs and sweets causes my stalls so I’m sticking to liquid Proteins for Breakfast, solid proteins for lunch and dinner and lots of H2O...

hope everyone is remaining motivated theough there journeys!

Sleeved on 4/25 and I have lost 49 lbs. so far. I mostly eat twice a day, sometimes 3 times a day. Still trying to get all my Protein in.

Anyone using flavorless Protein Powder to mix with different foods? If so, what brands mix really well with everything and truly flavorless.

I do the same as AAsosa. When I hit a stall, turn down carbs and do an extra lap of walking. I’m down 40 lbs since surgery on 4/24.

I was sleeved on 4/16. so far so good. I have lost 50 lbs since surgery and almost 100 lbs since January. I have stalled once for a few days, but I just kicked up the cardio and got over that hump. I am trying to focus on getting all my Protein in and staying hydrated, which for me can sometimes be a challenge. a lot of times I feel like I can't drink enough Water.

I was sleeved on 4/27, I am in a vicious stall. Only 25 pounds so far and most of that was in the first two weeks. I am guessing it is because I am still under 600 calories, but I am still on two Protein Drinks a day and 3 oz of soft Protein so there is no way really to increase calories yet. Just has to wait it out, but it is hard to go through all of this and not see the results.