Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery didn’t work?

Come out of the bushes? I only recently signed up for this app and this was literally the first thing I saw in the posts. I’m no shrinking violet and am not one to hide in the bushes. If you’re trying to excuse this abhorrent behavior then you, too, are just as bad. As far as “judging others”, this post written by you is full of judgement and bullying against me. The hatefulness and cattiness of the women on this thread is unbelievable. I thought this was a support page but people like you are trying your best to control other people by bullying them. That might work for some, but it won’t work for me. If you don’t like what I have to say there’s a block function you can use. You can block me but you won’t bully me. Have a great day.

As of October 12, 2017, I am 4 months post op and have lost 100 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and could not be more ecstatic!

I don't understand if this was a thread you didn't like why did you chose to click on it, read thru 14 pages of it, and then join in on it? You involved yourself hun, no one forced you to read it. There are thousands of other threads on this app/webpage.

I am certainly not 'bullying' you or 'trying to control' you, certainly not any more than you are 'bullying' and 'trying to control' us (although those are interesting choices of words, a little overly dramatic and aggressive, dont u think?) I see it as you sharing your OPINIONS, just like the rest of us are. Perhaps you don't like the opinions...so again I ask, why did you decided to stop and insert yourself into a thread you were thoroughly disgusted with? Especially after it was already concluded. And just to tell a bunch of strangers how dissapointing we are to you??? Uhhh...ok.

Now, enough of all that talk above. What I really would like to conclude my response to you with is....a big congratulations! Honestly! [emoji106] What an amazing accomplishment to have lost 100lbs in 4 months. Not an easy feat to accomplish. In fact, I think this thread (and many out there) was started by a young lady who is frustrated at the slow pace of which her weight is coming off. So, the fact that you were able to not only lose 100lbs in 4 months but also accomplish your weightloss goals in such a short amount of time is fantastic!! Keep up the great work! I wish you all the best! [emoji5]

I don't understand if this was a thread you didn't like why did you chose to click on it, read thru 14 pages of it, and then join in on it? You involved yourself hun, no one forced you to read it. There are thousands of other threads on this app/webpage.

I am certainly not 'bullying' you or 'trying to control' you, certainly not any more than you are 'bullying' and 'trying to control' us (although those are interesting choices of words, a little overly dramatic and aggressive, dont u think?) I see it as you sharing your OPINIONS, just like the rest of us are. Perhaps you don't like the opinions...so again I ask, why did you decided to stop and insert yourself into a thread you were thoroughly disgusted with? Especially after it was already concluded. And just to tell a bunch of strangers how dissapointing we are to you??? Uhhh...ok.

Now, enough of all that talk above. What I really would like to conclude my response to you with is....a big congratulations! Honestly! [emoji106] What an amazing accomplishment to have lost 100lbs in 4 months. Not an easy feat to accomplish. In fact, I think this thread (and many out there) was started by a young lady who is frustrated at the slow pace of which her weight is coming off. So, the fact that you were able to not only lose 100lbs in 4 months but also accomplish your weightloss goals in such a short amount of time is fantastic!! Keep up the great work! I wish you all the best! [emoji5]

While I appreciate your compliments (thank you), I find it, when coupled with the rest of your post, to be insulting, condescending and insincere. Your attempts to insult me (accusations of being “dramatic” and “aggressive”) are exactly what the moderator was referring to when he threatened to ban other people. Yet, you continue to call me names and try to force me to be quiet. I don’t know why I have to explain my use of this app to you, but since you’re being accusational, I will say that I clicked on the post for the same reason that many other people clicked. 1. it was at the top of the page and 2. I saw the topic title and wanted to lend some encouragement. I didn’t “read 14 pages of comments” like you accused. I skipped to the end of the comments so I could say something. That’s when I saw you and several others behaving in such a horrible way. All of that being said, I’m not sure why my use of this app is of such concern to you.

You have absolutely been a bully and are still doing so with your repeated insults, your “why are you here?” comments attempting to make me feel unwelcome and your continued insistence that I stop posting (the discussion had concluded, why are you here?). I have every right to post just as anyone else does. I’ve not broken any community rules. However, you have and you continue to do so. I would greatly appreciate if you stopped trying to bully me. I’ve done nothing to you, have not called you names like you’ve called me, have not told you that you shouldn’t be here like you told me, etc. If you cannot stop being rude, hateful, condescending and bullying then please leave me alone. Thank you.

As of October 12, 2017, I am 4 months post op and have lost 100 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and could not be more ecstatic!

Man, all this and I am the one on her period!

Lol! You know, now that you mention it, I should be in that boat in the next day or two. Maybe that’s why I’ve been craving chocolate and carbs all week.

While I appreciate your compliments (thank you), I find it, when coupled with the rest of your post, to be insulting, condescending and insincere. Your attempts to insult me (accusations of being “dramatic” and “aggressive”) are exactly what the moderator was referring to when he threatened to ban other people. Yet, you continue to call me names and try to force me to be quiet. I don’t know why I have to explain my use of this app to you, but since you’re being accusational, I will say that I clicked on the post for the same reason that many other people clicked. 1. it was at the top of the page and 2. I saw the topic title and wanted to lend some encouragement. I didn’t “read 14 pages of comments” like you accused. I skipped to the end of the comments so I could say something. That’s when I saw you and several others behaving in such a horrible way. All of that being said, I’m not sure why my use of this app is of such concern to you.

You have absolutely been a bully and are still doing so with your repeated insults, your “why are you here?” comments attempting to make me feel unwelcome and your continued insistence that I stop posting (the discussion had concluded, why are you here?). I have every right to post just as anyone else does. I’ve not broken any community rules. However, you have and you continue to do so. I would greatly appreciate if you stopped trying to bully me. I’ve done nothing to you, have not called you names like you’ve called me, have not told you that you shouldn’t be here like you told me, etc. If you cannot stop being rude, hateful, condescending and bullying then please leave me alone. Thank you.

Wow! Are u serious? Are u sure ur reading MY responses? NEVER once have called u a name. Not once. And never once have I bullied u and asked why are u on this app. You continue to exaggerate my responses in an attempt to get the moderator to ban me for things I HAVEN'T done or for words I've NEVER uttered. Now this is where I get upset for you slandering me, accusing me of things i haven't done, and bulling ME with ur responses.

How about YOU lay off?! I tried to extend u the olive branch at the end of my last post but all u did was drag it thru the mud saying how it was received as "insulting, condescending and insincere" when it was anything but! That is YOUR interpretation, your illusion, not reality! At this point, you are reading into everything I say and twisting my words..why...in an attempt to have the creator believe I am misbehaving when im not. Why?? So you can reply to people, comment and opinionate but I can't and when I do, all of a sudden I'm being a bully??? Listen lady, how about YOU stop being rude to ME! How about YOU push the ignore button on ME?! I feel you are attempting to silence and push ME around, how about that.

Go ahead and respond as if i said something cruel, even tho I've attmepted to end on a nice note with u. U have not tried, not once, to make nice. You continue to respond with negativity and hostility and refuse to accept peoples apologies and olive branches. U did it with lace and ur doing it now with me. There was ZERO insincerity in my best wishes and u twisted my words to crap. That was rude and mean and unnecessary.

Please DO NOT RESPOND to me. We've said all that needs to be said to each other, this convo has long since been productive, and its run its course. If u do respond, i will see ur response as harassment. There's nothing nice or calming u have ever said to me, all u do is blame me for things I've not done, twist my words into ideas and meanings that aren't there, and refuse to stop being the victim. We are thru. Good day.

1 hour ago, Finnix said:

Lol! You know, now that you mention it, I should be in that boat in the next day or two. Maybe that’s why I’ve been craving chocolate and carbs all week.

What's funny is I never did get period cravings. My daughter does, though.

Preop, I always knew when Aunt Flo was coming for a visit because my skin would get bad.

Now it sneaks right up. Yesterday I had some mild cramps to get 'er started. That was the only warning! Now I can expect the scale to not budge for 5 days, and then drop a bit (fingers crossed).

Wow! Are u serious? Are u sure ur reading MY responses? NEVER once have called u a name. Not once. And never once have I bullied u and asked why are u on this app. You continue to exaggerate my responses in an attempt to get the moderator to ban me for things I HAVEN'T done or for words I've NEVER uttered. Now this is where I get upset for you slandering me, accusing me of things i haven't done, and bulling ME with ur responses.

How about YOU lay off?! I tried to extend u the olive branch at the end of my last post but all u did was drag it thru the mud saying how it was received as "insulting, condescending and insincere" when it was anything but! That is YOUR interpretation, your illusion, not reality! At this point, you are reading into everything I say and twisting my words..why...in an attempt to have the creator believe I am misbehaving when im not. Why?? So you can reply to people, comment and opinionate but I can't and when I do, all of a sudden I'm being a bully??? Listen lady, how about YOU stop being rude to ME! How about YOU push the ignore button on ME?! I feel you are attempting to silence and push ME around, how about that.

Go ahead and respond as if i said something cruel, even tho I've attmepted to end on a nice note with u. U have not tried, not once, to make nice. You continue to respond with negativity and hostility and refuse to accept peoples apologies and olive branches. U did it with lace and ur doing it now with me. There was ZERO insincerity in my best wishes and u twisted my words to crap. That was rude and mean and unnecessary.

Please DO NOT RESPOND to me. We've said all that needs to be said to each other, this convo has long since been productive, and its run its course. If u do respond, i will see ur response as harassment. There's nothing nice or calming u have ever said to me, all u do is blame me for things I've not done, twist my words into ideas and meanings that aren't there, and refuse to stop being the victim. We are thru. Good day.

You insulted me and were rude and condescending, repeatedly telling me not to post here and asking me why I was here. Then you ended it with something nice and thought that would make it ok. And here you are again telling me I’m not allowed to post here. (“DO NOT RESPOND”). You don’t get to decide who posts here. I’m not the one breaking rules, belittling people or telling them they aren’t allowed to be here. I already sent your attacks to the moderator and I’m sure they’ll deal with them how they see fit. In the mean time, since you are so intent on telling me I can’t post here, it might be helpful to you to just block me. Have a great day.

I’ve been reading other posts on this app and most of them are nice and helpful. I’m not sure how this one got derailed to such a point. But it’s nice to see that this community as a whole isn’t so hateful.

What's funny is I never did get period cravings. My daughter does, though.
Preop, I always knew when Aunt Flo was coming for a visit because my skin would get bad.
Now it sneaks right up. Yesterday I had some mild cramps to get 'er started. That was the only warning! Now I can expect the scale to not budge for 5 days, and then drop a bit (fingers crossed).

Oh man, I sure wish I didn’t get period cravings. They are tough to combat. But, really, I almost always have chocolate/carb cravings. Lol Those are with me for life, I guess.

Since my surgery, my period has been really whacky and I’ve read that from many others as well. I’m only 4 months post op, but each month is much heavier and much longer than before. Hopefully things will eventually go back to normal once the hormones level out.

An ellipsis should only have 3 dots or periods.

And numbers ten and under should be written out in letters if we are being formal. Thanks for pointing out my error!

33 minutes ago, jess9395 said:

And numbers ten and under should be written out in letters if we are being formal. Thanks for pointing out my error!

Really? Thanks! That's a new one on me!

Oh, and now I have to watch Dr. V again. I didn't notice him speaking in black and white terms. I kinda pick and choose what I like from what people say and don't worry about the rest. The one time I watched it, my takeaway was simply.. hey, do what you can, have fun with it, and don't worry about killing yourself in the gym until you're ready... 6 months being a reasonable timeframe.

Oh, and the progressive nature of the exercise should be to stop as soon as breaking a sweat (which takes longer and longer as you get into shape).

Now I completely disagree with sweat being any kind of litmus test as to exertion level. When I'm out of shape it takes longer for me to begin sweating than when I get into better shape.

But his POINT is a good one. Go slow and gently. Don't stress.

12 hours ago, Berry78 said:

Man, all this and I am the one on her period!

wow. if i said anything approaching this, all the snowflakes would scream “MYSOGINIST!!!” at me at the top of their lungs. like the absolutely shocked stroral up there.

oh the hypocrisy... :lol:

Really? Thanks! That's a new one on me!
Oh, and now I have to watch Dr. V again. I didn't notice him speaking in black and white terms. I kinda pick and choose what I like from what people say and don't worry about the rest. The one time I watched it, my takeaway was simply.. hey, do what you can, have fun with it, and don't worry about killing yourself in the gym until you're ready... 6 months being a reasonable timeframe.
Oh, and the progressive nature of the exercise should be to stop as soon as breaking a sweat (which takes longer and longer as you get into shape).
Now I completely disagree with sweat being any kind of litmus test as to exertion level. When I'm out of shape it takes longer for me to begin sweating than when I get into better shape.
But his POINT is a good one. Go slow and gently. Don't stress.

Yeah watch again.... he kept saying things like "every single time" and "always" and for things that didn't happen for me... and I am not that unique.

I don't recall him saying have fun with it either... just basically don't do it out of guilt. Which I agree with. But he harped on NOT doing it.... not just don't do it for the wrong reasons or do it if you want to.

Anyhow, I get it that you pick and chose which is terrific. It's just that unless you have some studies to back it up, making absolute recommendations and admonishments like he does is irresponsible and dangerous. I'm all for him saying, hey take it easy and have fun, or even that we don't NEED exercise for weight loss. But he doesn't say that. At one point he says if you can't afford personal training don't go to the gym.

And yeah, both MLA and APA formatting say numbers one through nine are spelled out. But who really cares? I just had to because she pointed out my extra ellipsis... which to be fair was a typo not a mistake, I actually normally put three. She made me do a spit take that that is what she chose to critique.

My surgery date was august 29th 2017
Hw: 272 Sw: 244 cw: 219
25l lbs lost and I'm just happy !!
I too thought at first I'm not losing enough, but what everyone says repeatedly on these forums is true!!
Everyone isn't the same, I'm happy just losing! I don't care how slow, I'm losing!! That's all that matters to me, so just be happy, that's why it's called a journey. Not complaining anymore untill I gain lbs, then we have a problem.

Sent from my SM-G928T using BariatricPal mobile app

This user has already been banned for not following our rules https://www.bariatricpal.com/guidelines/ .

Oh thank God!!!!!!!!

On 10/10/2017 at 7:18 PM, Nowheregirl said:

It's beyond frustrating- depressing. The nausea from hunger pangs has landed me with a monthly prescription of Zofran and 3 different GERD meds. I'm talking to my original surgeon who has recommended bypass, but I also remember the feeling I had with the band and knowing when I was full and the restriction I felt, of which I have none now. I do know that the surgeon who did my sleeve used the largest bougie-42, which has a lot to do with it. I wish I'd have kept my slipped band at this point!!

The band was great fo me. I loved that it made me fee full and that is why I'm leaning toward a band on top of my sleeve. However, I cannot find anyone who has had this done which is concerning. I'm hesitant about a bypass as I could be exactly where I now and then have no options!

The size of bougie has no bearing on who will lose the most weight, you got the same reset everyone else did .

No weightloss in 18 months, what are you actually eating have you tracked every bite so you can exam it?