Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery didn’t work?

I feel abit sad if 30lbs in 2 months is the shittest results, im on 42/43lbs in 3 months so was about that at 2 months and my dietician and bariatric nurse said I was doing great, I started at 244lbs , I feel abit bad now... If I am posting my loss thinking its good and i can imagine someoen reading like . " why is she happy with her **** results" :/

On 12/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, sy2053 said:

You're not eating enough. In order for us post surgery to get enough calories in a day, we should be eating 6 small meals a day. It sounds like you're starving your body so it's shutting down. Make sure you're getting in as close to 64 oz of fluids as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

my plan calls for me to eat 3 times a day, at 3 months i manage to get everything in usually if planned well,though when i stall upping to 6 times breaks a stall ;)

On 10/12/2017 at 10:59 PM, Abeille213 said:

No, I’m not a physician, however I am a doctor. I’m a psychologist. You can chastise me if it pleases you, but it won’t change anything about me. I am not here to coddle. Coddling does not help anyone. It only encourages this type of self sabotaging behavior.

This poster isn’t interested in any suggestions that don’t immediately fit what she wants to hear. She has already proven that by jumping down the throat of others. I will call that type of behavior out every single time I see it.

I’m sorry you don’t seem to approve of how I deal with things. That’s your right. However, I’m certain there are things you may do or believe that I wouldn’t approve of. That’s the beauty of human beings. Believe what you will. Think what you will. Do what you will. And so will I.

On June 12, 2017 I had my gallbladder removed, my lapband removed and revised to an RNY.

HW: 402, SW 306, CW 249, GW 185

Your a Psychologist but didn't notice you may have an issue with food till you reached over 400lbs? But you can judge others and say you'd deny them. I wouldn't come to see you in the first place lol. Your issues are not acceptable but others are not.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:17 AM, Abeille213 said:

Lol this is fabulous! I love that it’s this easy to get you worked up enough. And fat shaming? Really? Give me a break. There is absolutely nothing you can say to upset me. I’m secure enough in myself that I don’t flip out due to a comment on the Internet. Sadly, you cannot say the same thing. No wonder you’re failing at this process, not losing properly and eating potato chips. You’re incredibly unstable and in desperate and immediate need of serious, intensive, inpatient treatment. You will fail in this journey, my dear. I give it 6 months, at the absolute most. You’ll gain every pound back and then some. Very sad. Feel free to flip out again and attempt to insult me. I find it wonderfully hilarious.

Also, I’m 6 feet tall and was 402 at my highest weight. I lost over 100 lbs prior to surgery. Since my surgery 3 months ago, I’ve lost an additional 97 pounds. So, which of us is failing here, darlin’? I’m 23 pounds away from my goal weight. How about you? emoji57.png

She needs impatient treatments for eating 5 chips? I would say a step to far...

Also weldone your near goal. Your double her weight. Don't give yourself a badge light weights don't lose as fast as heavy weights. I am sure you know that. If you didn't say this last bit I would have believed you were secure in yourself. Have a word with yourself that last paragraph you felt you should share doesn't sound so secure.

Edited by dreamingsmall

On 10/13/2017 at 1:44 AM, Abeille213 said:

Really? Then where did this diplomas and licenses on my wall come from? IMG_3282.JPG

Who takes a pic of their qualifications lol you care that much that strangers believe you ? Madness. You printed them of Google its fine.

Who takes a pic of their qualifications lol you care that much that strangers believe you ? Madness. You printed them of Google its fine.

The Admin has asked that people stop responding to this person yet you have responded to her 3-4 times in a row. Why are you doing this? And why are you trying to make fun of her weight? Yes she said horrible things but that’s no reason to make fun of someone who was overweight. We have ALL been overweight or we wouldn’t be here. To say, “oh well you weigh more than me so you must have more problems and must be bad at your job” is horrible! I don’t understand why you would make fun of someone especially when you posted above that you weren’t losing very much weight after your surgery.
Please follow the rules of the forum and stop making fun of others and stop responding to that person. Your behavior is no better.

As of October 12, 2017, I am 4 months post op and have lost 100 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and could not be more ecstatic!

She needs impatient treatments for eating 5 chips? I would say a step to far...
Also weldone your near goal. Your double her weight. Don't give yourself a badge light weights don't lose as fast as heavy weights. I am sure you know that. If you didn't say this last bit I would have believed you were secure in yourself. Have a word with yourself that last paragraph you felt you should share doesn't sound so secure.

Yes heavier people so lose faster but only at first. Being heavier doesn’t mean they reach their goal faster. And, again, for someone like you who is losing slowly, I can’t believe you would make fun of someone who is so to their goal. Or make fun of anyone at all, regardless of how close or far away they are from their goal. I am shocked by the handful of people who have decided it’s okay to come here and make fun other overweight people. Or people who were once overweight but have worked very hard to lose it. Yes I know her posts were awful and abhorrent but yours are just as bad. I hope the admin is checking his messages this weekend. This is absolutely disgusting. He has repeatedly asked people to stop or they would be banned and everyone else stopped except you.

As of October 12, 2017, I am 4 months post op and have lost 100 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and could not be more ecstatic!

I think the problem is that if you haven't read all the posts, you might not realize that this person has been banned already.

So glad that is over though!

I remember when I first had my surgery I was under the impression that "the pounds would just melt off" so assumed I would lose a lot of weight immediately. In all the up front training before surgery, they never really touch on that part so I don't know if they really set expectations properly, at least where I went. (Though I love my surgeon and her staff!!). So I was also disappointed at first when I would lose 10 pounds in a week. It's funny now and of course in the rear view mirror 10 pounds in a week is fabulous! But that isn't what I expected at the beginning.

I know that every hospital, every surgeon, every NUT is different but I wish they would start to standardize a bit and really lay out the expectations on all of this. I even remember about 3 months after surgery, feeling like there was crushed glass in my stomach--the pain was strange and really hurt. I called the doctor and they had me come to the emergency room. It turned out that it was just the staples dissolving and they were "right on time." Really wish they had just told me to expect that. Could have saved time and money.

That's awesome you got absorbable staples. Mine are titanium and will be with me forever.

Oh! I didn't know they had titanium/permanent staples! I wonder why/how they choose between the options. Our pre-surgery weights weren't that different. Must just be a surgeon's choice?

I think absorbable staples are relatively new. Surgeons tend to stick with what they learned on, and have confidence in. And just as with all of us, they have different rates of adopting "the newest thing". So, no, I doubt it had anything to do with us individually as patients.. it speaks more to our surgeons' differing mindsets/experiences.

If I'd had a choice, I probably would have chosen absorbable.. but the body loves cordoning off things that aren't supposed to be there, so I have faith my body will wrap my staples up nice and tight in scar tissue, and they won't cause any trouble down the line.

(My hubby had a 20 year old piece of glass, about 4mm from his eyeball. The surgeon had to go through so many layers of scar tissue to remove that glass! Before it was removed, we were concerned a blow could knock it loose and damage his eye. After the fact, I realized there was no way that thing was gonna budge).

1 hour ago, Finnix said:

The Admin has asked that people stop responding to this person yet you have responded to her 3-4 times in a row. Why are you doing this? And why are you trying to make fun of her weight? Yes she said horrible things but that’s no reason to make fun of someone who was overweight. We have ALL been overweight or we wouldn’t be here. To say, “oh well you weigh more than me so you must have more problems and must be bad at your job” is horrible! I don’t understand why you would make fun of someone especially when you posted above that you weren’t losing very much weight after your surgery.
Please follow the rules of the forum and stop making fun of others and stop responding to that person. Your behavior is no better.

Oh shut it. Clearly I was responding to the post as it was happening I had not reached that post admin said that. Who are you to question me. Lol goodness me. Special lady no appointed you admin in waiting so in not reading you're fall text as ive seen how you respond to people. Keep talking. Ive got to the end and seen they've been banned. Please stop pretend your admin. I'm not even responding past you're first line lol. Your opinion means nothing to me. Keep talking lol I'll read the first line. :P

1 hour ago, Finnix said:

Yes heavier people so lose faster but only at first. Being heavier doesn’t mean they reach their goal faster. And, again, for someone like you who is losing slowly, I can’t believe you would make fun of someone who is so to their goal. Or make fun of anyone at all, regardless of how close or far away they are from their goal. I am shocked by the handful of people who have decided it’s okay to come here and make fun other overweight people. Or people who were once overweight but have worked very hard to lose it. Yes I know her posts were awful and abhorrent but yours are just as bad. I hope the admin is checking his messages this weekend. This is absolutely disgusting. He has repeatedly asked people to stop or they would be banned and everyone else stopped except you.

I'm not reading you're rant. Keep talking lol. You joined a second ago and want to take over as admin. Keep talking. Lol you don't know anyone here or what they have contributed. So no one is interested in your random lecture. Thanks for the first line. As again that's all I read. You can rant for England lol your as bad as the person who was banned lol you can't stop haha. Keep talking . Its not for my benefit I'm not dignifying your actual text passed first line so keep wasting your time lol.

Oh shut it. Clearly I was responding to the post as it was happening I had not reached that post admin said that. Who are you to question me. Lol goodness me. Special lady no appointed you admin in waiting so in not reading you're fall text as ive seen how you respond to people. Keep talking. Ive got to the end and seen they've been banned. Please stop pretend your admin. I'm not even responding past you're first line lol. Your opinion means nothing to me. Keep talking lol I'll read the first line. [emoji14]

It’s difficult to read your post. It seems maybe you typed too quickly and made several errors. But I get the gist. And telling someone to “shut it” is certainly against the terms of service. You’ve been calling others names and bullying, which had been explicitly forbidden repeatedly in this thread alone.

I never pretended to be an admin. I’m not sure why you’re making that up. I’ve also never responded to anyone with insults or by calling them names, so I’m not sure what the “ive seen how you respond to people” is about. It seems to me you’re making things up for some strange reason.

Regardless, I’ve reported your bullying and name calling. Hopefully they check messages on the weekends. This seems to be a lovely community of mostly very kind and helpful people. I think it’s important to remove people like Abeille and yourself who are toxic and purposely harmful.

I lost quickly the first 3 weeks. Now it's a pound every 4-5 days. I don't care. I feel great and look better. I figure slower is better because maybe my hair won't fall out and my gallbladder will be fine. The scale is going the right way so who cares. Some days I get frustrated because I also eat healthy but don't deprive myself - and exercise. I had 1/2 a chicken wrap at a conference yesterday for lunch as I watched all my skinny friends eat the whole thing, some chips, Cookies and Pasta salad. I didn't care. I was full and happy. I also noticed they ate a few bites of the unhealthy stuff. Something I could never do before my sleeve. This was the first time in my life I saved 1/2 a sandwhich for later. An accomplishment I think! Just know you are eating way less than before. I have 80 more pounds to lose. But now I can at least shop normal sizes.