Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi shoes its getting really exiting for you now, the list of things I took included:

Nurofen meltus; Remegel wind tabs; very loose waistband trousers, slip on shoes, loose top, comfy shoes, teabags, large mugs, sachet horlicks and or cup a Soup, buy Water after customs check and take that 2 hospital, lip salve/gloss, get a supply of post op dressings you will have 5 small incisions, 1-2 changes should be enough til your out and about.

If you use the dissolving tabs you get issued put them in warm water they go completly clear and there is no longer any fizz, it help them go down better.

Dont forget there are restrictions on fluids you take through customs and they should be seperated into a small see-through bag, so only pack sample/ travel sizes. I think that covers everything but if I remember more I post again.

Cant weight, I have read somewhere that if you go by euro star you will need to change trains in brusells, catch a new one, and then go on again by bus or taxi. If the mrs is really worried have you throught of going out by eoro star and back by plane to heathrow, but then or course you have to sort out transport back from Heathrow. Just a thought.

Hi MMM thanks for the tips I'm getting really nervous but excited at the same time, how are you feeling now are you still sore, whats your diet like, do you feel you have much restriction sorry all ? lol :sneaky:

Hi kaka i would tell your daughter to try and get the week off work, it will be worth it and believe me it will be needed x

Hi MMM thanks for the tips I'm getting really nervous but excited at the same time, how are you feeling now are you still sore, whats your diet like, do you feel you have much restriction sorry all ? lol :sneaky:

Hi shoes, I'm feeling fine, just a little tight around the stitches, my diet is varied there is nothing that I've tried that would'nt go down as long as i ate slowely taking tiny bits at a time, there is no restriction yet, however i dont look for food in between meals, and the total size of meals will fit on a saucer. I will weight tomorrow.

Hi shoes, I'm feeling fine, just a little tight around the stitches, my diet is varied there is nothing that I've tried that would'nt go down as long as i ate slowely taking tiny bits at a time, there is no restriction yet, however i dont look for food in between meals, and the total size of meals will fit on a saucer. I will weight tomorrow.

i tonight have boiled some potatoes really soft and fried some lean bacon, onion, garlic and mshrooms in olive oil then place all of it inc potato into food processer and then grated a small ammount of cheese on top then under grill. It was lovely a good wee tip for those post op as it has protien from bacon, carbs from potato fat from oil and cheese and veg from onion and mushroom so all in all balanced and dam tasty.

G

x

whenever i go a few 4-5 hours without eating anything i have been getting the painfull hic ups and the wind pains in the chest and shoulder. Are any of you guys getting this, any ideas.

Gx

ooooh I have'nt had that but I eat small amount not more than 4 hours apart, I can actually eat anything not just mushy stuff, I had some toasted hot cross bun loaf for tea and nibbled on two small slices for about 20 mins.

whenever i go a few 4-5 hours without eating anything i have been getting the painfull hic ups and the wind pains in the chest and shoulder. Are any of you guys getting this, any ideas.

Gx

Sorry gary i cant help you on that one, i did get trapped wind that traveled up to my shoulder, i do still get it but its not as often and not any where near as painful as it was, i just take a rennie and that clears it. I just had liquids for two weeks after my op, i didnt try any foods i think i was too scared...after being told to stay on liquids for ten days, hope you get it sorted x

Hi mmm - I just followed the info from a post on another thread. It was quite easy to follow:

The link: Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

Select your ticker ruler - Click Next

Select your ticker slider - Click Next

Configure Your Weight Tracker Ticker - Click Next

Cut and paste code for most boards and web pages:

Use the address in bbCode

In this website go to User CP, then in Settings and Options on the left side click on edit signature, paste code information into the white message box and you can either click on save signature or preview signature to see it before you save it.

T x

Hi gary that should help x

Hi gary that should help x

thanks wishful, i hav the ticker in my signature when i edit it but have you any idea how to get it too shoe on all my posts.

Gx

thanks wishful, i hav the ticker in my signature when i edit it but have you any idea how to get it too shoe on all my posts.

Gx

forget that i see it is working hahahaha thanks again.

Gx

I am getting so nervous/excited now, this time next week it should be all over and I should be back home.

I wish I could sleep for the parts in between :tt2:

The most scarey thing for me is that I will come round and the surgeon will say...sorry we couldnt put you a new band in.

But that's nothing new for me because I dreaded that last time too.

For you newbies pondering on whether to go for the band, dont even think twice, it was the most wonderful thing I ever did for myself.

Even though I only lost 2 stone, (with another 3 to lose) I felt wonderful, and always consoled myself with the fact that I would never again be overweight ( huh...little did I know)

So go for it!!!!!

I think its the most fabulous thing that any overweight person can do for themselves.:thumbup::thumbup: And also worth any amount of discomfort/pain. You soon get over it.

The first time i had my band implanted it was 3 weeks before Christmas and by Christmas I felt great and had lost weight.

I hope this helps.

I've got one aswell, but did'nt have time till weekend to set it up. woop woop. xxx mmm xxx :tt2:

I've got one aswell, but did'nt have time till weekend to set it up. woop woop. xxx mmm xxx :tt2:

like it mmm is that 6 pound this week then, fantastic well done. I lost about the same this week but its stayed at same point since tuesday, think next week when i am back at work properly and walking at gym every night is should start moving again.

Gxx