Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I changed my dressings yesterday, all was fine wounds are nice and clean however i think your right Dr Chris did not stich me up as i done think the stitches are too neat however not big enough to worry.

I have a slight concern today is tht mt left side around wounds lower and too the left has swollen right out and feels hard as if there is Fluid gathering, anyone had this or any ideas.

Hi gary funny you mentioned this as i was telling gillian y/day about 1 of my wounds being very similar to what your saying.. i have actually been to the dr's surgery this morn as my wound just above my belly button had got a hard lump under it and has gone to the colour of a blood blister also its sore if i touch it, iv had it checked out and there is nothing to worry about, the nurse said its to do with the dissolving stitches on the inside, i'll still be keeping my eye on it tho just to make sure its not going to become infected. I think you should get it looked at for piece of mind if nothing else x

hi wishfull. i also got it in my left collar bone bad..which i also broke falling off a horse..maybe it was worse cos of that?!..me and bigsister have booked for a fill in leeds in 2 weeks, cos im able to eat more now, so feel def need it!..im also still going for a fill in sheffield at nearby hosp two weeks after that, then just sticking to one a month in sheffield after that.hope your fill is helping you?!

Hi gillian i broke mine doing jujitsu and its never been the same since. Dont go worrying about your fill as you dont feel it and i was worried about nothing, i can defo feel the difference having mine.. are you having yours with WLS x

Hi flirtylass 5 STONE HOW AMAZING, You must be chuffed to bits, i hope i do as well as you are doing, Well done you x

Hi gillian i broke mine doing jujitsu and its never been the same since. Dont go worrying about your fill as you dont feel it and i was worried about nothing, i can defo feel the difference having mine.. are you having yours with WLS x

thanks wishfull, i am a tad worried as the swelling is not just one bit but its the size of a melon under all my left hand wounds

thanks wishfull, i am a tad worried as the swelling is not just one bit but its the size of a melon under all my left hand wounds

Gary i would definitely go and get that checked out, it doesnt seem right at all.x

Hey flirtylass your weight loss is fab news, congratulations. Gary i would really go and get looked at, i dont want to worry you but you could have a bleed or anything. All you bansters who have just been done and are about to get banded make sure you get plenty of rest, even if you are feeling fine you still need your rest, you have just had surgery and got a foreign body inside you. Reading past posts gillian,wishful and bigsister all got plenty of rest and have done really well, you really should listen to them.

Hi fatpants i done everything by the book regarding diet and rest and i think iv done well just another 2 1/2 stone and ill be jumping for joy

Edited by jacksmum

Speak to frederick, or Dr Chris today, AND see your GP, urgent. What does your mum think it is or are you keeping it from her. Let me know how you get on. Waiting to hear back soon. :blushing:

Thank you bigsister for the info on the dressings, my last jab is tomorrow, so I'll change them after my shower in the morning, I really appreciate all of the feedback I recieved and thank you all for responding.

I'm going out to lunch tomorrow with my girlfriends they dont know I've had anything done so I could'nt get out of it, I'm trying to plan my menu, we are going to Taybarn, which is a eat as much as you like from masses of choices type place. It'll be my first day (1 day earlier than suggested) on sloppy food my thoughts are:

starter: Soup no lumps, no bread

main: something mashed into gravy (suggestions please)

desert: ice cream

I can put very small amounts onto my plate, that not a problem because you serve yourself, and my friend will be to busy talking to notice what I do, and we usually take over 2 hours.

Your recommendations will be appreciated, has anyone had plastic ice cream yet, the type you get from a machine.

Thank you bigsister for the info on the dressings, my last jab is tomorrow, so I'll change them after my shower in the morning, I really appreciate all of the feedback I recieved and thank you all for responding.

I'm going out to lunch tomorrow with my girlfriends they dont know I've had anything done so I could'nt get out of it, I'm trying to plan my menu, we are going to Taybarn, which is a eat as much as you like from masses of choices type place. It'll be my first day (1 day earlier than suggested) on sloppy food my thoughts are:

starter: Soup no lumps, no bread

main: something mashed into gravy (suggestions please)

desert: ice cream

I can put very small amounts onto my plate, that not a problem because you serve yourself, and my friend will be to busy talking to notice what I do, and we usually take over 2 hours.

Your recommendations will be appreciated, has anyone had plastic ice cream yet, the type you get from a machine.

Hi mmm i would go for fish(if poss),veg and gravy, fish is easier to swallow.. make sure you take your time and and chew everything really well before you swallow or your friends might end up knowing when you have to explain to em why your in so much pain and can hardly breath lol. I havnt tried icecream but im sure itl be fine, probably lovely :blushing: just melt in your mouth mmm sounds good. wish you look with it x

Speak to frederick, or Dr Chris today, AND see your GP, urgent. What does your mum think it is or are you keeping it from her. Let me know how you get on. Waiting to hear back soon. :blushing:

i have mailed himand he has said i have to take ibuprofen and use an ice pack and contact gp. i have an appointment at 6.10. i feel ok but i look pregnant on 1 side hahahahahahaha keep you posted.

x

i have mailed himand he has said i have to take ibuprofen and use an ice pack and contact gp. i have an appointment at 6.10. i feel ok but i look pregnant on 1 side hahahahahahaha keep you posted.

x

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, hope everything is ok, im sure it will be but its best to be safe. Goodluck and let us know how you get on x

Hi all

This post might show up in the middle of anothers post as I am unsure at how to do this - so sorry in advance!

I have been reading everyones posts which I've found really helpful & entertaining!! My daughter is booked with Dr De Bruyne on 6th March & I think we are up to speed with everything apart from the need for "injections" after the op - can someone help me with further info?

cheers

k

Hi all

This post might show up in the middle of anothers post as I am unsure at how to do this - so sorry in advance!

I have been reading everyones posts which I've found really helpful & entertaining!! My daughter is booked with Dr De Bruyne on 6th March & I think we are up to speed with everything apart from the need for "injections" after the op - can someone help me with further info?

cheers

k

Welcome kaka1875, 1st your daughter will be in good hands having surgery with dr chris and his team, i got banded on the 16th jan and havnt looked back since.. its the best thing i could of done. The injections are given to stop your blood clotting, the nurse in the hospital will give the 1st one and show you how it is done, then either your daughter or yourself can do the other 5.. i let my partner do 4 of mine and they stung a bit, i done my last one and wished id done them all as i didnt hurt or sting at all, my own fault for being a coward. lol. 6th march will soon be here, is your daughter excited? any questions feel free to ask everyone on the forum will do there best to help x :blushing:

Wishful, she is ecstatic as she thinks it's the answer to her probs - doesn't want to be a serial yo-yoer like me!!

thank you for the info re injections - sounds pretty simple.

How much weight have you lost since you had your surgery - hope you don't mind me asking?

cheers

k