Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello and welcome jacksmum you have done well with your weight loss and yes it is a good feeling especially with all my clothes starting to get to big for me, iv had to start washing all my other smaller clothes to freshen em up a bit, clothes i havnt worn for about 2 years or more. im getting a bit concerned incase im not eating enuf as others seem to be eating more x

Hi gillian just read your thread about what your eating, there is no way i could eat 3 meals a day, even smaller ones thats why im just having the one meal a day.. im just not hungry, What do you eat during the day?im wondering if im eating enough but i dont want to eat just for the sake of it x

hi wishfull..im having Cereal or porridge for Breakfast, (half the amount with granulated sweetener)have to remember to eat it slow though or its builds up, and can be uncomfortable,but thats just the band doing its job..drink about half hour after. dinnertime is summat like cottage cheese and tuna with biscuits type crackers and bit of yogurt and fruit..tea is summat like fish or fish in sauce and loadsa veg,or whatever families having really. but i found potato hard to go down so i go easy on that now, or chilli and bit of rice, or bit of pasta..maybe bit of desert after,custard or a cream caramel,if i can manage it..it feels like your full to brim after that as it sits in tour "little stomach" for hours..before bed i have a hot chocolate drink, takes my choc cravings (which are def dying down now) off. i am def only eating half the amount as i was before too..will expect after fill it will be sitting in the "little stomach" for longer as the hole its got to get through gets smaller. only thing i havent tolerated at all is bread and chips, which is no bad thing, but we took kids to macdonalds today and they ate the menu while i had a kids happy meal ..the fish finger one..i gave the chips away cos i wasnt even going to try again with those,i had the three fish fingers ate them very slowly and i was ok..had an innocent smoothie as my drink and i got a little cute cuddly dog in my happy meal box so i was sorted!!..and felt full...it usually takes me 2 big mac and large chips to feel anything like!..you know i love (sorry loved) my burgers though didnt you!..esp burger king!..shame about the bread being outa bounds now but, ill get over it..especially as the weights coming off again now.thats a better feeling than a burger (ill keep telling myself that til i believe it?!) ive been living in these stretchy trousers since i had op, but put my normal ones on that i couldnt fasten before and i could pull em down without even undoing button and zip..dead chuffed!..like you were with your smaller size jeans. i keep looking at clothes but am trying not to buy owt till i lose bit more..cos i wanna go in a normal shop, instead of fatty shops!..im gonna go mad in sept cos booked hol for 30th sept..may even buy a swimsuit?!..hope ill be couple of stones down at least for then, and next year, im hoping to be the next M&S bikini model,like myleene class..surely shell be too busy to do owt, shes on everything!!.ill help her out. x

Hi everyone i got banded by dr chris in november and i have lost 3 1/2 stone so far. iv been reading all the posts, goodluck to people who are due to be banded, well done to all the pre bandsters you all seem to be doing well, tc27, tamisu and wishful you all seem to be doing great with your weight loss its such a great feeling isnt it, iv got another 2 1/2 stone id like to lose but ill see how it goes.

welcome jacks mum! (im also a jacks mum!) and well done on your weight loss, keep up the good work!! youll soon be there, although the last bit is the hardest ive heard?!..but lets hope by the summer most of it has gone!..your more than halfway there in such a short time..gillian x

Hello and welcome jacksmum you have done well with your weight loss and yes it is a good feeling especially with all my clothes starting to get to big for me, iv had to start washing all my other smaller clothes to freshen em up a bit, clothes i havnt worn for about 2 years or more. im getting a bit concerned incase im not eating enuf as others seem to be eating more x

Hey wishful i wouldnt worry about what others are eating as long as you feel you are having enough and not going hungry, your weight loss is good so just keep going with what your doing. i wouldnt change anything. Thanx for welcome gillian, my weight loss doesnt seem to have slowed down from day one so i hope by summer i would be at my goal.

Hi Everyone!

mmm Glad to hear your back and all went well, what are the injections you are talking about?

As I am plannu=ing going by myself one of the things I thought I had better have are slip on shoes, otherwise I saw myself asking the night porter to tie me laces! Are these MBT trainers slip on? Where did you buy them?

Shoes what's the name of the book that you've been reading?

Well I went shopping the other day, I bought those 'opsite' plasters from super drug, I got the bio oil, nurofen melts, mild laxitive, lucozade energy sweets for sucking, I also got 'sea kelp' this is good for hair growth and healthy hair, I got Zinc but I can't remember what that was for and I bought arnica tablets this helps repair bruising from the inside. Anyway if I have forgotten anything p[lease let me know, I don't think you can be too prepared. I just need the joggers and sliop on shoes now and I'll be set to go!

Look after yourselves!

MBT trainers are a negative heel trainer used to excercise the legs when walking, it feels like walking on sand and does not jar the heel and ankle. Only buy them if you are going to use them afterwards as they are expensive around £100, but they are great for walking or supermarket shopping. They look like trainers with platforms, they have an adjustable clip so they can be slipped on, a bonus is that they correct your posture, and I felt much less pain when I had them on even compared to not having any shoes on at all. You might have seen photos of madonna wearing them caus she wears them a lot of the time.

Thanx jacksmum, yes i do feel as if im eating enough, i drink loads, a lot more than i used to, before my band i didnt drink much and thats why i think i over ate.. i thought i was hungry when really i probably just needed a drink. I do eat loads of veg for my tea usually with salmon or yellow fish and i do eat fruit in the day, usually grapes or strawberries x

Hiya gillian bet your made up with your clothes getting to big, i had to buy jeans i was fed up with em falling down. I never was to keen on burgers and never liked burger king. Im going out for daves birthday later this month, a 5 course meal!!! God knows how i'll manage that, i'll just have to a little of each course or take it home with me lol, im sure dave would finish mine as well as his tho. I did miss having bread and crisps but i just dont think about them now x

:thumbup:Hi everyone we are officially bandsters now!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Hi mmm hope you are well say hi to Sian. We are a little better today (thanks goodness). We found it very hard. I don't know what I was expecting as I have never had any sort of surgery before but 3 days post op and we are getting better. I got very dehydrated and sick on the Saturday back at the hotel. So to everyone waiting to go, make sure you sip at Water frequently. mmm how are you eating crisp breads when you are supposed to be on liquids only? I would be to scared.

When can you take of the dressings as I am finding my skin is getting really itchy?? P.S Dr Chris and Dr Frederick are both very nice.:rolleyes:

Welcome back, and I am so glad your both feeling better, it must have hard not having a helper with you I have been thinking about you and hoping all turned out ok.

The cripbread I've been having are the same ones that the hospital gave us, I've had 3 for breakfast with small amount of smooth jam, (they melt so no lumps are swallowed) and for lunch third of a can of lentil Soup, in addition I have had 1 tea 1coffee 2 hottish ribena tooth kind. I'll try a smooth yogurt tonight but not sure how that will work out . I know we are not counting calories but old habits die hard and that will take me to less that 400 for the day.

I'll pass on your regards to Sian, she'll be happy your on the mend.

love mmm

Hi guys,

I've just noticed that you can tell who is on line by a little flower thing under your detail, si gillian, mmm, wishfull, jacksmum, and bigsister are all on line right now. How are you all doing? Do you feel that you miss this chat forum and miss and think you might be missing something when you're not on?

MBT trainers are a negative heel trainer used to excercise the legs when walking, it feels like walking on sand and does not jar the heel and ankle. Only buy them if you are going to use them afterwards as they are expensive around £100, but they are great for walking or supermarket shopping. They look like trainers with platforms, they have an adjustable clip so they can be slipped on, a bonus is that they correct your posture, and I felt much less pain when I had them on even compared to not having any shoes on at all. You might have seen photos of madonna wearing them caus she wears them a lot of the time.

Thanx for that mmm £100 is quite a lot, I might go have a look at them see how they feel, I like walking and would like to walk a lot more than I do now. We do go as a family on a Sunday hike but thats ussually up a hill or something like that where you need to wear walking boots. Yesterday we went for a walk which intailed going along a beach and up a hill on a path, but we got cut off by the tide and had to scale what seemed like a very steep mountain! With a belly like mine this was no mean feet!!!! I should really stick to normal walking!

Love Fatpants:tongue:

Hi everyone i got banded by dr chris in november and i have lost 3 1/2 stone so far. iv been reading all the posts, goodluck to people who are due to be banded, well done to all the pre bandsters you all seem to be doing well, tc27, tamisu and wishful you all seem to be doing great with your weight loss its such a great feeling isnt it, iv got another 2 1/2 stone id like to lose but ill see how it goes.

Dear jacksmum you must be feeling great, I just can't imagine how it must feel being 31/2 stone lighter! And that has just been since November! That's amazing, well done you, you lucky thing

I want one of those tickers but not very good with technology can anyone help please

WELCOME JACKSMUM wow you have had a fantastic result who and where are you having you band fills.

I've just been banded and have'nt made any decision about aftercare providers yet.

I too was one of the group that got done at the same time as MMM if i can suggest one thing it would be to try and find out who else is in hotel due to done and if you can make a move to start a chat, it was invaluable support not only for our helpers having someone to chat shop and dine with but for being able to bounce of each other post op round the table for a cup of Soup mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Garry

Hi everyone and welcome to Jacksmum. Hi Garry how are you getting on. Tell your mum thanks for the cuppa Soup. I had wanted to thank her before we went but we were out of the hotel for 7.30pm on Sunday morning. I wasn't very well on Saturday evening, I even rang Dr Frederick at 1.30am on Sunday morning as I was feeling very very ill. He told me that I was dehydrated and that I had an internal bleed so I was stitched from the inside as well. But thankfully am on the mend now.

I am actually quite hungry today???

I too was one of the group that got done at the same time as MMM if i can suggest one thing it would be to try and find out who else is in hotel due to done and if you can make a move to start a chat, it was invaluable support not only for our helpers having someone to chat shop and dine with but for being able to bounce of each other post op round the table for a cup of Soup mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Garry

Hi Gary, glad you've joined us, hope you've been well today, I have'nt needed any medication, but tonight I have a little soreness around the port so I might just take disolving p aracetamol before bed.

lewisabbey you must be feeling a lot better if your feeling hungary, you need to catch up on at least 3 days of fluids, bless you i was getting worried. hope mum is getting better aswell