Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks Wishfull i cant believe it has come round so quickly:w00t: i am going to be really stricked with myself x :tongue2:

Hope you do, it will give you a good start. I think i lost about 6lb on my preop, also it makes the op easier to do. I will be watching out for your posts lol, just to check on how your doing :tt2: x

wishfull - dont you worry, you are doing great. I really wish I had your restriction. Roll on 11th March - maybe I'm ready for my first fill. I have lost 22lbs but my clothes just fit comfortably again. I had gained about a stone and a half in no time (well since deciding to get my band actually) and my clothes were bursting at the seams!! Keep up the good work. T x

LOL. i was complete opposite i didnt eat much once i booked my op i just didnt want to put any weight on, i didnt want to be the biggest he'd ever banded :tongue2:. Iv booked my next 2 fills for march and april.. just to keep on top of it, I had my 1st proper meal y/day after my fill and i could hardly eat anything, small spoon of carrots and 1/2 piece of salmon.. i couldn't eat the other 1/2 and didnt touch my broccoli, something is working x :tt2:

Thanx for that mmm £100 is quite a lot, I might go have a look at them see how they feel, I like walking and would like to walk a lot more than I do now. We do go as a family on a Sunday hike but thats ussually up a hill or something like that where you need to wear walking boots. Yesterday we went for a walk which intailed going along a beach and up a hill on a path, but we got cut off by the tide and had to scale what seemed like a very steep mountain! With a belly like mine this was no mean feet!!!! I should really stick to normal walking!

Love Fatpants:tongue:

LOL. the walking/hiking will start to get easier as you start losing the weight, i go every weekend and iv noticed my walking is quicker than it was now i have lost some of the weight. Wont be long and you will be running up the hills, Its lovely up in scotland, we went to loch lomond last may (walking hol) and its just stunning.

Thanks for that Gillian. I do seem to be eating more than most. I have ready brek or weetabix for Breakfast, using half a pint of semi-skimmed milk and eat the lot. Then for lunch when I'm at work I have a tin of Soup or rice pudding and then mid afternoon I have a yogurt or a pot of jelly AND for tea I have something like mash potato, veg and gravy or scrambled egg, Beans and mash. I do have much smaller portions than I would have before, but they are bigger than tea-plate size and I don't seem to have problems getting anything down. Also I have no problems going to the loo!!

I wonder if I have stretched my little pouch as I never feel stuffed:blush:

At least you are walking to work and not doing a sedentary job when you are there. I drive to work and sit on my fat backside all day. I must try and do some exercise. I have got a treadmill, but it is just a very large ornament at the minute. T x

well TC..if it works for you then it must be ok!..i too eat quite a bit,and seem to be able to get more down as the days go on...i think thats a sign i need a fill!..will have to be a bit stricter with myself!. still having half the portion as i was before though..everyones metabolism is different and what works for one doesnt work for another..but if you are losing thats all that matters, you certainly sound like your getting all your nutrients and Calcium. weetabix is a good breakfast cos it has fibre you need, low fat,its fortified with all the Vitamins and minerals you need, and theres the calcium you need in the milk, ive been having two every morning. when i get a fill maybe ill be able to eat less, as its stacks up more waiting to get through the band..thats why you get that full feeling, and why you shouldnt drink till after 15 mins cos it will just wash it through, as liquids are no prob they just pour through. a woman at my work who was banded june knows this..she drinks a lot of wine at night as it goes straight through, but its a lot of calories..i dont think she has grasped what a band does for you! and hasnt lost any weight since two months after having her band done. she has had one fill but says she doesnt want another one cos she wont be able to eat as much!?!..she paid 8k to have it done private at local hospital, doesnt seem to get very good aftercare. gillian x

i would have to say that although i am sticking to the liquid input i would say i done really have much restriction i guess this must just be me healing quickly inside also,

would anyone agree or any points.

Garry

hi gary and welcome!..your doing great and must be healing quickly...you wont feel any restriction while your on the liquids, but its important to stick to em for first week at least as your stomach is still swollen from having the op and the stitches in your stomach holding the band in place need time to heal..you will start to feel restriction when you start on the solids..hope you get great results anyway! gillian x

Hiya gillian bet your made up with your clothes getting to big, i had to buy jeans i was fed up with em falling down. I never was to keen on burgers and never liked burger king. Im going out for daves birthday later this month, a 5 course meal!!! God knows how i'll manage that, i'll just have to a little of each course or take it home with me lol, im sure dave would finish mine as well as his tho. I did miss having bread and crisps but i just dont think about them now x

I know it sort of fills me with dread now going for a five course meal!..just have a taste of everything and then swap plates with dave!. i have been asked out for big curry nosh up with my old workmates next week and im sort of trying to make excuses up. these buffet type eat all you want places are ok for going out for meal cos you can put as little as you want on your plate, and make better "band friendly" choices, and no one notices. good luck anyway, or bring a doggy bag back..it will last you all week!

Hi mmm, mum is feeling a bit better today. It was awful travelling back. How did you get on with the travelling? I see Garry has joined the group, it will be good for him to get a bit of support. :tongue2:

Hi lewisabbey, the journey coming back was quite good other than when we were already boarded it was noticed that the plane had a flat tyre and they kept us onboard for close to 1.5 hours before it was fixed and was able to take off, but the flight was only 1 hour. returning in the car was just fine. I felt a little tired when we got home but not really in any pain, just a bit sore.

Sounds as if garry is just fine, but I knew he would be, he is so fit regularly going to the gym, and he easily out walked me when we were discharged. Good job his mum is a nurse, she'll slow him down if he tries to do to much to soon

3 days post op and my restriction seems minimal with Soup, milk,yoghurt however try and drink similar volume of Water and I can feel it,how weird!!!!!!!!!

Hi Gary, I continued with the dutch cripsbreads they gave us have 2-3 for Breakfast it sets me up for the day and so i have'nt felt hungry till about 2.30, I've been having lentil soup because that is heavier and more filling. I'm not sure if we should eat those crispbreads now but as long as I eat them slowely I dont have any adverse effects.

When Sian had her op at BUPA she was on soft/sloppy food within 3 days post op so each consultant has slightly different advise to give, i think her 1st food was runny ready break (not real porridge) but she was soon onto fish pie well mashed up i also remember adding extra milk to the pie to make it more sloppy. Have you tried Protein Drinks (lighter life and cambridge diet or the body building stuff they sell in gyms) they might make you feel more satisfied.

You healed very quickly, it must have been that double dose of barium you had, and your gallop to the loo (hee hee) :tongue2:

Hi Gary, I continued with the dutch cripsbreads they gave us have 2-3 for breakfast it sets me up for the day and so i have'nt felt hungry till about 2.30, I've been having lentil Soup because that is heavier and more filling. I'm not sure if we should eat those crispbreads now but as long as I eat them slowely I dont have any adverse effects.

When Sian had her op at BUPA she was on soft/sloppy food within 3 days post op so each consultant has slightly different advise to give, i think her 1st food was runny ready break (not real porridge) but she was soon onto fish pie well mashed up i also remember adding extra milk to the pie to make it more sloppy. Have you tried Protein Drinks (lighter life and cambridge diet or the body building stuff they sell in gyms) they might make you feel more satisfied.

You healed very quickly, it must have been that double dose of barium you had, and your gallop to the loo (hee hee) :tongue2:

hi gary, try the boxes of dried baby food ..the Cereal ones are lovely..i like the HIPP porridge or the rice one, they have loads of nutrients and you can make em as sloppy or as thick as you can take just by mixing with boiling water..i was having these about 5 days post op..they will fill you up more..but as you get used to eating less, those "im so starving!" feelings will start to dissappear.also when you just feel like summat savoury try drinking bovril, that helps for a while and suck sugar free sweets when you feel like summat sweet..it satisfies cravings for a while..youll feel a lot better when you get on solids as then your band starts to work for you and make you feel full up..obviously as your stomach heals, youll be able to eat more, so thats when youll need a fill..im getting to that point now myself!..as i can eat more and quicker, but have to be strict with myself. sounds like you went through surgery no problem and are recovering very quickly too..well done! gillian x

Geez, every time i come on here ther's like 4 pages of posts to read, now I know why fellas say women talk a lot :tongue2:..only joking, but its taken me forever to read through.

Ok...Wishful, thanx for the new name 'shorty' :lol:

Sammy many thanx for your good wishes.

Big Sis, thanx hunny, got my Mum booked into the nursing home she likes, for 8 days.

Last time I still looked after her, but this time I dont feel as if I will be able to somehow.

Gone of my chances of being a supermodel :tt2:

Well done to English Rose and Jacksmum for their tremendous weight loss, that is brilliant, I didnt lose that much in 2 years!!!

Lewisabbey, you poor girl you did suffer, I hope you are feeling a bit better now, and your Mum too.

Welcome to Garry enjoy your stay, all the members here are great.

I'm hating this damn pre-op diet, I hadnt had a drink since I was on holiday and of course last night (first diet day) I wanted one.

We are contrary aint we, and I am ashamed to say I did indulge myself.:lol: stupid woman.

I'll have to try to pop in every day so I dont get behind, but so much going on atm, my youngest daughter is going to Australia on 23rd March with her fiance for 12 months, and is moving back into our house the week before. So have to get furniture sold and moved as she has asked me to store some of hers:eek:

Just wanted to say, I am trying not to feel too out of it, I'm not one of the gang being as I am being banded by Michael Van den Bossche in Southampton (for those of you who dont know and may be wondering :tongue2:)

I was originally banded by him in December 2005 and in February 2008 it was discovered that my actual band had a hole in it.

So this will be my second band and I am now 21pounds heavier than when I had the first op:crying:

My diet following surgery is different to all of yours I think.

Day 1 = clear fluids only.50ml at a time sipped slowly (eg:fruit juice, bovril etc)

Day 2 = As day 1 + milk, thin smooth Soup, sugar free thin smooth yogurt and vegetable juices.

Day 3 = 100 mls Fluid at a time. Cereal, thin porridge or Ready Brek.

Day 4 = Increase the variety of foods taken eg: liquidised soup with lentils, pulses or grated cheese, gravy with sloppy mashed potato.

Day 5 = You may now progress to a puree diet.:lol:

I am really looking forward to that...NOT!!!

Now I have to go eat as my tummy is making angry noises :tt2:

Later chicks

xx

Gillian/MMM

Thanks for those points, yeh i am just taking it easy not want too overdo it as i feel so good. The food thing is fine not struggling at all, i made porridge this morning very thin and it went down great, tonights i tried something and it worked a treat, i cooked some lamb mince and boiled 2 potatoes till very soft i then blended the 2 with milk and it gave basically a Soup but it was tasty and was gettin in good carbs and Proteins. Can eat that no prob but Water still gives me a strange sensation, bizzare, all in all doing fine.

Regards

Garry

Just wanted to say, I am trying not to feel too out of it, I'm not one of the gang being as I am being banded by Michael Van den Bossche in Southampton (for those of you who dont know and may be wondering :tongue2:)

I was originally banded by him in December 2005 and in February 2008 it was discovered that my actual band had a hole in it.

So this will be my second band and I am now 21pounds heavier than when I had the first op:crying:

My diet following surgery is different to all of yours I think.

Day 1 = clear fluids only.50ml at a time sipped slowly (eg:fruit juice, bovril etc)

Day 2 = As day 1 + milk, thin smooth Soup, sugar free thin smooth yogurt and vegetable juices.

Day 3 = 100 mls Fluid at a time. Cereal, thin porridge or Ready Brek.

Day 4 = Increase the variety of foods taken eg: liquidised soup with lentils, pulses or grated cheese, gravy with sloppy mashed potato.

Day 5 = You may now progress to a puree diet.:lol:

I am really looking forward to that...NOT!!!

Now I have to go eat as my tummy is making angry noises :tt2:

Later chicks

xx

Hi freckles glad you back with us, your post op diet is the same as my daughter who was done by bupa/spire, its got more variety, and she did well on it. Please dont feel any different to the rest of us an alternative method might be useful to us.

Isnt it always the way we want only what we cant have, a little wouldnt do much harm at this early stage would it. I was the same, I wanted belgium choc only because I was'nt allowed it, I did suck one and it satisfied my craving, and I have'nt needed one since, besides load of visitors have called in because they knew i was going to belgium, and they wanted my chololates with their coffee. Not many people know the real reason why I went through

Hey all glad to see ur all doing so well havnt been on in while was in liverpool for wkend and managed to lose 3lbs over it must be cos all i done was drink vodka and not eat lol so 1lb left til i hit 5stone it better be gone this week but god everyone here seems to be getting on brilliant...

Hi, I really need help!!!! I have really bad trapped wind it is really painful. It is not gas from the op but in my tummy. I feel it coming right up into my chest then feel it going back down again!!!!

I have tried Wind - eze, imogas, gavison but nothing is working any suggestions???