Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanx TC27 i will let you know how i get on. How are you doing now?x

Hi wishfull - I'm fine thanks. I'm pleased your fill went ok, which I'm sure was a relief. You are doing really well with your weight loss -keep up the good work.

I am booked in for my first fill with Wendy at the WLS Group on 11th March. I had a post-op meeting with her last Thursday and she was very nice. She said she hopes to have me at a good restriction by June at the latest and she also said if I need it I will probably get a 3cc fill at my first appointment. I have a 10cc Heliogast band (Gillian it tells you what type of band you have on the 'follow up notebook' given to you by Frederik and Wendy said it was important to have this info. I actually took all the paperwork given to me by ECFS, as it holds all my details so far)

I am able to eat more now and get quite hungry between meals, but I'm trying to be strong and not have too much in between meals.

My dents are still there Gillian but they dont seem as bad. I bought some bio-oil, so hopefully that will help further. I'm pleased yours are better now too. Hope you and bigsister have enjoyed your Valentines Day curry and apple crumble -yum!

Freckles I'm really pleased you seem to be almost sorted for the 26th. It's the day before my birthday, so I wont forget that date!. I hope the girls over there at the minute are doing well after their surgery.

Tamisu - sorry to hear you haven't been well lately. I hope you feel better soon x.

Best wishes to all of you who are due to be banded soon and well done to all of the post bandsters on their excellent progress. T x

Edited by TC27

Hi wishfull - I'm fine thanks. I'm pleased your fill went ok, which I'm sure was a relief. You are doing really well with your weight loss -keep up the good work.

I am booked in for my first fill with Wendy at the WLS Group on 11th March. I had a post-op meeting with her last Thursday and she was very nice. She said she hopes to have me at a good restriction by June at the latest and she also said if I need it I will probably get a 3cc fill at my first appointment. I have a 10cc Heliogast band (Gillian it tells you what type of band you have on the 'follow up notebook' given to you by Frederik and Wendy said it was important to have this info. I actually took all the paperwork given to me by ECFS, as it holds all my details so far)

I am able to eat more now and get quite hungry between meals, but I'm trying to be strong and not have too much in between meals.

My dents are still there Gillian but they dont seem as bad. I bought some bio-oil, so hopefully that will help further. I'm pleased yours are better now too. Hope you and bigsister have enjoyed your Valentines Day curry and apple crumble -yum!

Freckles I'm really pleased you seem to be almost sorted for the 26th. It's the day before my birthday, so I wont forget that date!. I hope the girls over there at the minute are doing well after their surgery.

Tamisu - sorry to hear you haven't been well lately. I hope you feel better soon x.

Best wishes to all of you who are due to be banded soon and well done to all of the post bandsters on their excellent progress. T x

OMG you have lost 22lb!!! that is fantastic!..keep up whatever your doing!. i left the info that he wrote to GP with the GP..i shall have to go and ask her for it back before i go for fill on 17th march with wendy.im pretty sure it said i had the same band as you..me and big sister didnt even finish our curry starter, and couldnt even manage any of the apple crumble..sent bigsister home with some, and ill try it later,if i can manage it! x

Hi TC. Well done on your weight loss, you have lost a quarter of what you need to get to your target already - fantastic! I have only lost 14lbs and I really haven't been eating much at all so don't know why it doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment. Like sister gillian said, I didn't finish my starter last night as I was starting to feel uncomfortable around chest/ribs area and that continued for a couple of hours and so never had the apple crumble even tho I wanted it so much.

Like giilian did, I handed over the letter from Dr Chris to my GP the first time I visited her and don't know if the details of the band's capacity was on that. I have got the 'heliogast follow up notebook' which has 2 stickers on the front, one of which is details of the band (serial number, date of manufacture etc) but I cannot see anything on it which indicates how many mls. Do you know if Wendy at WLS found it from your letter or the notebook? It's going to be bit of a pain trying to get the letter back from the doctors I think if that's what I need.

Hope your good weight loss continues (and that mine kick starts again!), take care, bigsister x

Hi TC. Well done on your weight loss, you have lost a quarter of what you need to get to your target already - fantastic! I have only lost 14lbs and I really haven't been eating much at all so don't know why it doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment. Like sister gillian said, I didn't finish my starter last night as I was starting to feel uncomfortable around chest/ribs area and that continued for a couple of hours and so never had the apple crumble even tho I wanted it so much.

Like giilian did, I handed over the letter from Dr Chris to my GP the first time I visited her and don't know if the details of the band's capacity was on that. I have got the 'heliogast follow up notebook' which has 2 stickers on the front, one of which is details of the band (serial number, date of manufacture etc) but I cannot see anything on it which indicates how many mls. Do you know if Wendy at WLS found it from your letter or the notebook? It's going to be bit of a pain trying to get the letter back from the doctors I think if that's what I need.

Hope your good weight loss continues (and that mine kick starts again!), take care, bigsister x

Hi Bigsister, If you ask at your Drs, they should be able to photo-copy your letter for you. I wanted to keep a copy for myself when I handed mine in, and they copied it for me. I actually ended up with the original and they kept the copy! Just had a quick look at my letter and it doesnt actually say what size the band is.! I remember Dr Chris telling me that mine is a 9cc though. Kath.x :rolleyes:

Hi Gillan and bigsister - I only lost 2ilb in the last week so my weight loss is slowing down, but I think I might be eating too much. If I count the calories, I normally have around 900 -1000. Not sure if that is ok or not but Wendy said she didn't want me to count calories, so I will stick with what I'm doing for now. The ECFS book advises you to have liquids for 1-2 weeks and then the 2nd week after surgery you can have a soft moist diet and the 3rd and 4th week after surgery you can start having slightly textured foods. However the WLS Group advises Fluid only for 0-3 weeks and 4-8 weeks soft food. So I do feel a little confused about which is right/best

I actually scanned my GP letter before I handed it in to my doctor so I printed a copy off for Wendy, but I think she got all the info about my band she needed from the stickers on the notebook. She wanted the address of Dr Chris (which was on the letter) as she is going to write to him about Frederik. Apparently one of the women who now goes to her for fills had previously been going to Frederik and Wendy said he has damaged her band - not sure what all that was about, I didn't ask as I didn't want to get involved.

I think I could have managed the curry and apple crumble, but I am trying to be sensible by not having too much, but it is very hard. Well done you two for not over indulging! You can hopefully enjoy it today.

Take care and keep up the good work. T x

Hi Gillan and bigsister - I only lost 2ilb in the last week so my weight loss is slowing down, but I think I might be eating too much. If I count the calories, I normally have around 900 -1000. Not sure if that is ok or not but Wendy said she didn't want me to count calories, so I will stick with what I'm doing for now. The ECFS book advises you to have liquids for 1-2 weeks and then the 2nd week after surgery you can have a soft moist diet and the 3rd and 4th week after surgery you can start having slightly textured foods. However the WLS Group advises Fluid only for 0-3 weeks and 4-8 weeks soft food. So I do feel a little confused about which is right/best

I actually scanned my GP letter before I handed it in to my doctor so I printed a copy off for Wendy, but I think she got all the info about my band she needed from the stickers on the notebook. She wanted the address of Dr Chris (which was on the letter) as she is going to write to him about Frederik. Apparently one of the women who now goes to her for fills had previously been going to Frederik and Wendy said he has damaged her band - not sure what all that was about, I didn't ask as I didn't want to get involved.

I think I could have managed the curry and apple crumble, but I am trying to be sensible by not having too much, but it is very hard. Well done you two for not over indulging! You can hopefully enjoy it today.

Thanks for your answers TC and Mooster. Hey TC, don't congratulate us for not over-indulging, we surely would have if the discomfort hadn't stopped us! Actually even if we were to have had any crumble it wouldn't have been much and all in all would have been far, far less than we used to have.

Sister gillian (that makes her sound like a nun doesn't she? nothing could be further from that comparison!) - anyway, she has looked up on the internet and think she has found that there is a reference on the sticker info which indicates what size it is so like you say, think Wendy should know from that. But think I will ask at GP's if they can let me have a copy of the letter like Mooster did just for my own record. Oh dear, the situation with her writing to Dr Chris doesn't sound too good does it? Glad you found Wendy helpful, think maybe me and gillian should have perhaps gone to the Feb clinic just for a check and advice/questions but as we knew we didn't feel ready for a fill yet we decided to leave it until the March clinic. Thanks again for the replies, take care & post soon, bigsister x

Thanks for your answers TC and Mooster. Hey TC, don't congratulate us for not over-indulging, we surely would have if the discomfort hadn't stopped us! Actually even if we were to have had any crumble it wouldn't have been much and all in all would have been far, far less than we used to have.

Sister gillian (that makes her sound like a nun doesn't she? nothing could be further from that comparison!) - anyway, she has looked up on the internet and think she has found that there is a reference on the sticker info which indicates what size it is so like you say, think Wendy should know from that. But think I will ask at GP's if they can let me have a copy of the letter like Mooster did just for my own record. Oh dear, the situation with her writing to Dr Chris doesn't sound too good does it? Glad you found Wendy helpful, think maybe me and gillian should have perhaps gone to the Feb clinic just for a check and advice/questions but as we knew we didn't feel ready for a fill yet we decided to leave it until the March clinic. Thanks again for the replies, take care & post soon, bigsister x

sorry, its sunday sister big, the holy day, i have been in church all day,i have confessed to the giant millies cookie i had,and i am forgiven,but must only eat dust tomorrow.

Edited by gillian

thanks Wishfull, my hubby the same i don't think i could go through it without him he's my rock,how are you getting on after your fill,hope new bandsters are all doing ok hope to here from you soon:thumbup:

Hi shoes iv been fine after having my fill, im still on liquids and i will go back to what i was eating before my fill tomorrow.. im only having actimel, slimfast and a cupasoup all day and just dont feel hungry so i think the fill is doing something right. We went to the cinema y/day and i had a bottle of Water, my partner had fizzy pop and a big bag of M&M peanuts and it didnt bother me at all.. normally i would of wanted popcorn or a bag of sweets or both lol. this band has really changed my attitude towards food. x :rolleyes:

Hi to mmm, lewisabbeyalyssa and mum. Hope your all on the road to recovery and i look forward to reading your posts when you feel up to it x

its normal this slowing down after couple of weeks thing..seems like we all do it!..its bit disheartening after a good start though!..wendy is right you should not be calorie counting, cos to be long term succesfull its all about portion size..so dont bother with diet stuff cos it will send your body into "fasting mode" where your metabolism slows down if you are taking in too few calories and nutrients...also..if we are just gonna calorie count..then what use is it having the band?!.i am now virtually eating the same as before, but half the portions..cos i cant manage any more,and thats with no fill..and i have found out the things that hurt like bread and chips, so dont want them now...that is how the band works..if you just have liquids (apart from the initial few weeks and for 2 days after fill).then there is no point in having the fill really cos it can be at its very tightest and you will still be able to have liquids..then you might get into trouble big time if something gets stuck when you do try something more solid,like you do have to to get the advantage of the band, so they dont like to do fills until you are on solids...i have a very good book wrote by a top bariatric surgeon, it didnt make sense before i had the band but i keep refering to it now and it does. his patients are very successfull too. so i am reading up on it!..didnt you buy that book also TC?. gillian x

Hi to mmm, lewisabbeyalyssa and mum. Hope your all on the road to recovery and i look forward to reading your posts when you feel up to it x

HI EVERYONE i'm BACK all went well I came home afew hours ago and am still a bit sore, Yes fredirick, Chris and Dr Chris are fab and the barium is a laxative but it helps to shift the wind, I think I was one of the group that recovered the quickest, I was up and dresses by 8am the day after the op.

Can I make a big suggestion Make Sure You Have A Helper with you for the return journey. I am so grateful for my daughters support and assistance. We met some fab people and had quite a good social evening on the Saturday night back at the hotel post op.

The painkillers given by the hospital are good if they put in WARM Water (no fizz) the nurofen melts went down well as well as the remegel, so thanks everyone for you suggestions.

I also took sachets of horlicks with me to mix with water and they were fab. I took tea bags as suggested and that was a great tip oopps only thing was i kinda liked dippin biscuits into it and sucked them up like a hoover (i restricted myself to only 2 a day)

I have stuck to liquids with exception of soggy biscuits and sucking a belgium choc, and of course the dutch cripbread that they give you in the hospital - lovely with apricot jam. the Soup they gave us was asparagus yuuuk did not even take a teaspoon of that because it was full of salt.

I've still got a bit of wind, but the bad wind pain has now gone, but did'nt have any shoulder pain.

Thank you all so much for you kind wishes, in the darkest and most painful moments it was a blessing to know that others cared. thank you. I'll post again soon to give more info cheers I'm now on the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Hi gillian just read your thread about what your eating, there is no way i could eat 3 meals a day, even smaller ones thats why im just having the one meal a day.. im just not hungry, What do you eat during the day?im wondering if im eating enough but i dont want to eat just for the sake of it x

Welcome home mmm, im glad everything went well for you, you still want to make sure you get plenty of rest and dont over do it x

its normal this slowing down after couple of weeks thing..seems like we all do it!..its bit disheartening after a good start though!..wendy is right you should not be calorie counting, cos to be long term succesfull its all about portion size..so dont bother with diet stuff cos it will send your body into "fasting mode" where your metabolism slows down if you are taking in too few calories and nutrients...also..if we are just gonna calorie count..then what use is it having the band?!.i am now virtually eating the same as before, but half the portions..cos i cant manage any more,and thats with no fill..and i have found out the things that hurt like bread and chips, so dont want them now...that is how the band works..if you just have liquids (apart from the initial few weeks and for 2 days after fill).then there is no point in having the fill really cos it can be at its very tightest and you will still be able to have liquids..then you might get into trouble big time if something gets stuck when you do try something more solid,like you do have to to get the advantage of the band, so they dont like to do fills until you are on solids...i have a very good book wrote by a top bariatric surgeon, it didnt make sense before i had the band but i keep refering to it now and it does. his patients are very successfull too. so i am reading up on it!..didnt you buy that book also TC?. gillian x

Yes Gillian you're right , I have got that book but I haven't read very much of it. I will have to get it out and start reading it again. I am eating less than before my band but I could eat larger portions than tea plate size, but I stop myself before I feel too full. I can't wait for my fill to see if I feel any different. I haven't had any bread yet but I tried a small piece of chicken today and it went down fine. T x

Welcome back mmm! I'm pleased all went well for you. I agree with wishfull, even if you feel ok, don't try and do too much. Get plenty of rest and you will heal quicker. Take care. T x