Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all

Just a quick update. After my second fill last week, I am now eating normal food again and find I can only manage small portions. Went out for a meal last night and had a starter of salmon fishcakes and extra vegetables, and only managed the fishcakes and a tiny amount of vegetables.

I think that I am starting to appreciate that child's plate size portions are the way forward from now on. I have no problems with liquids, youghurt or chocolate, lol.

Got weighed and measured in Curves today and since January I have lost about 8 inches all over and 11 pounds. The weight is not dropping off like I thought it would, but slowly and surely wins the race, as they say.

I think I'm on my way at last.

Good luck one and all, keep smiling :smile:

Hi tl well done on your weight loss, dont forget january was only last month so you are doing well also your body shape is changing.. 8 inches is good. Iv got my 1st fill tomorrow in manchester with frederik.. i think im more bothered about this than what i was about my op. keep up the good work x

Thanks Wishfull :smile:

You will be fine with the fill, it really doesn't hurt once the port is located. It's just that I am squeamish and so to lie there for a few seconds thinking of what is happening freaks me a bit, lol.

Make sure you ask him for the maximum amount, which is 4 ml. You probably won't feel any restriction, but who knows.

Good luck, you'll be wondering why you were worried when it's all over :)

Dear Wishful, thank for your reply!

When did you get your band in? have you weighed yourself yet? I'm sure you have, how much have you lost?Who decides when you are due for fills and how much you get? All the best with your fill!

Fatpants

Hi all

Just a quick update. After my second fill last week, I am now eating normal food again and find I can only manage small portions. Went out for a meal last night and had a starter of salmon fishcakes and extra vegetables, and only managed the fishcakes and a tiny amount of vegetables.

I think that I am starting to appreciate that child's plate size portions are the way forward from now on. I have no problems with liquids, youghurt or chocolate, lol.

Got weighed and measured in Curves today and since January I have lost about 8 inches all over and 11 pounds. The weight is not dropping off like I thought it would, but slowly and surely wins the race, as they say.

I think I'm on my way at last.

Good luck one and all, keep smiling :smile:

Dear TL, well done, lucky you...that's almost a stone, since what date in January, I bet your being hard on your self! My god 8 inches you'll soon be going down a size in clothes too no doubt...WELL DONE.

fATPANTS:thumbup:

Dear Wishful, thank for your reply!

When did you get your band in? have you weighed yourself yet? I'm sure you have, how much have you lost?Who decides when you are due for fills and how much you get? All the best with your fill!

Fatpants

Hi fatpants i had my band fitted 4 weeks this friday and so far i have lost 16lb.. that is including my preop diet. Regarding the fills dr chris says you are ok to have one after 4 weeks but others say 6 weeks.. some of the bansters had fills after 4 weeks and were ok after there's. I think it is up to dr chris or frederik on how much fill they give you, but i will be asking for the max that i am allowed. I have already had to buy a smaller size jeans (yippee) and my tops are starting to look baggy and longer, obviously with the weight loss. I'm really made up with it so far x :smile:

Thanks Wishfull :smile:

You will be fine with the fill, it really doesn't hurt once the port is located. It's just that I am squeamish and so to lie there for a few seconds thinking of what is happening freaks me a bit, lol.

Make sure you ask him for the maximum amount, which is 4 ml. You probably won't feel any restriction, but who knows.

Good luck, you'll be wondering why you were worried when it's all over :)

Thanx TL, i dont really like needles myself. Can you feel your port? i can feel mine if i put little pressure on it.. it feels a bit weird really. I think im a bit nervous cos its not going to be 4 weeks since i got the band and im scared of it hurting but saying that its still a bit numb so fingers crossed i wont feel it x

It's gonna be fine Wishfull, I was only a few days after the 4 weeks and Frerik told me he could feel scar tissue that hadn't healed yet. That piece of information made me stop going to the gym again for 2 weeks, just in case I was doing more harm than good.

When I went with WLS, they asked me to raise my legs off the bed a few inches so the port would be easier to locate. As for the needle, it's just a normal looking syringe, and I looked away and thought happy thoughts of being on a beach elsewhere. Before I knew it, it was all over.

Let us know how it goes :smile:

Dear TL, well done, lucky you...that's almost a stone, since what date in January, I bet your being hard on your self! My god 8 inches you'll soon be going down a size in clothes too no doubt...WELL DONE.

fATPANTS:thumbup:

Hi Fatpants, thanks a lot :)

I got banded on 23 Dec 09, had my first fill on 22 Jan with Frederik and my second one 2 Feb with WLS. I got weighed and measured in Curves on 7 Jan, so that's 5 weeks ago.

As I said earlier, I finally feel I'm on my way at last after feeling really despondant at times :smile:

Well girls its nearly time, I'm packed and ready, we leave tomorrow thurs at 9am and are flying out of heathrow on the 14.40. I'm not nervous now only excited and really pleased that the roads are clear of snow.

Have you heard on the news today about the plane crash in Wales. It happened about half mile away from where I live, my daughters boyfriend was an eye witness and saw the plane explode, so we've had a very traumatic day what with helicopters fire engine and more police than you can shake a stick at.

Thank goodness I'm a frequent flyer its enough to put anyone off who's not.

When I post next it'll probably to say that I'm on the bandwagon. Yippee. :smile:

Hi Girls, my mum and I are setting off from Belfast tomorrow, we are flying from Dublin airport and should arrive in Belgium at about 8pm. We were more nervous a couple of weeks ago, but now we are excited at the prospect of being a few stone lighter by the end of the year (if all goes ok)!!!!! I will be meeting mmm and her daughter as we are getting the surgery on the same day (Friday 13th). (What a great date)lol!!!

So speak to you all soon, cross your fingers that all goes well.

To all you thinking of having the band, just go for it!!!!!!

Hi Girls, my mum and I are setting off from Belfast tomorrow, we are flying from Dublin airport and should arrive in Belgium at about 8pm. We were more nervous a couple of weeks ago, but now we are excited at the prospect of being a few stone lighter by the end of the year (if all goes ok)!!!!! I will be meeting mmm and her daughter as we are getting the surgery on the same day (Friday 13th). (What a great date)lol!!!

So speak to you all soon, cross your fingers that all goes well.

To all you thinking of having the band, just go for it!!!!!!

Good luck to you and mmm :crying:!! We want a full report when you are feeling up to it! My date is Friday 13th too (but in March). It was the only date that fitted, I want this so badly so thought stuff this it's only a date!!

Mmm - I will read up about the crash. My husband is a pilot so is bound to be dissecting the whole event with his friends! How awful to witness such an event.

Fatpants hope you are feeling OK today.

All you other lovely peeps - I hope you are good too and I am so pleased everyone seems to be doing so well. This forum is a god send!

I have my eye on the euro exchange rate everyday - I hope the £ gets a big stronger over the next couple of weeks!

I will be starting my pre-op diet in 2 weeks time. I will be in Belgium for a week of it as my husband, baby and myself are gonig to go to Bruges/Brussels beforehand as we don't seem to have had a holiday in a while and I think our holiday fund has been spent this year on my band :lol:!! Well I know which I would prefer. I would be miserable somewhere hot anyway. I was last holiday and I have another 3 stone on thanks to my pregnancy!! Well my little boy is lovely and all worth it, just a shame I didn't crave celery or cucumber! Nope I craved anything sweet, typical as I could take or leave puds/choc etc before and now I can't :mad2: . Eating out is gonna be difficult in Belgium but I will be good, maybe just one belgium choc!! :laugh:

Hi mmm and lewisabbeyalyssa GOODLUCK for friday even tho you wont be needing it, i was in your position 4 weeks ago and i havnt looked back since. The only bit of advice i would give you is to try and get as much rest as you can after your op. We,ll all be thinking of you and waiting for your posts when you get back XX

:crying: all the best to lewisabbeyalysa and mum...and also to mmm!..hope you have a good journey over, dont forget to get a good meal..i was told you could eat and drink till midnight by frederick that night, even though i stopped at eight cos thought it was then!.. i know it will all go well with the op for you and hope to hear from you sunday or monday! gillian x