Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi girlies...still havent had the time to read all through the posts while I was on holiday.

What is WLS that you are all talking about, that do fills, and whereabouts are they ...do they do it by x-ray or not?

I live in Cheshire, and if I am fortunate enough to have my op on 26th Feb, I have 2 free fills in the Spire (was Bupa) Southampton.

But its such a long trek, hubby says we have to allow 4 hours on Thursday when I go for pre-op tests, in case of traffic hold-ups or bad weather.:)

Hi Freckles, WLS is the Weightloss Surgery Group and their website is www.wlsgroup.co.uk - which includes details of their locations throughout the UK. They offer packages of aftercare from 6 months-24 months with unlimited fills within this period. Don't think it is with x-rays but then I'm pretty sure they aren't when you have them done with Dr Chris's team either. A few others on the forum have already had fills with them and have been very satisfied with both the procedure and the consultation/advice they received.

I'm sure you will get there fine on Thursday even if you do have to set off earlier and then once you have had your tests done, you will only be 2 weeks before you're getting your new band and it will really pass quickly. Will keep fingers crossed for decent weather on Thursday anyway, bigsister x

Bless you BS, you are really helping me to stay positive, thank you xxx.

Thank you for the link btw, I'll check that out.

Thanx to everyone that wished me nice things after my hols.

And my thoughts will be with Mmm for her op.

You lot seem to be doing so well with your weight loss, I was thinking of having Protein Drinks for after, my youngest daughters boyfriend is very much into weight training and he takes them.

In fact I've ordered some for the weeks building up to my op, they deliver in 24 hours, which is damn good.

She has bought some for herself even though she's tiny she has to watch her weight, and she says they really fill her up for quite a few hours.

These drinks are called Diet shake and cost £35.99 for 40 drinks.

I dont know if they are the same as other folks have taken but they only have 200 cals in a serving.

I was warned by the dietician in the Spire not to take Slimfast as its full of sugar and doesnt keep you satisfied.

I never did, but I know some girls on here have, but if they suit you thats great, and I wish you good luck, after all different strokes as they say.

xxx

Just checked out the site, and they dont have any clinics in Liverpool or Manchester ......

I think I will be going to my surgeon, as once I've had the 2 free ones I can go to his clinic in Manchester for future fills.

He charges £100...so it would be silly of me to travel further afield..but thank you for the info BS.

Hi freckles i also had a look on the WLS web site and they have no clinics near me either so i will be going to frederik in manchester.. my 1st fill this thursday. Its a bit of a pain with the travelling for you on thursday but at least you know its the 1st step of having your new band, wishing you luck x

P.S im having slimfast and i find im satisfied till my next meal BUT i no people who have it and are hungry 1/2 hr ltr x

Edited by wishfull

Thanx so much Wishful.

Like i said what suits some doesnt suit others, and if its working for you thats brilliant!! We're all made differently arent we.

I'm one of the hungry ones, though I didnt try it after surgery, cos they advised me not to.

I'm so glad it is helping you hunny.

Wee update im down another 3lbs so im thrilled 4lb more off and il hit the 5stone mark this time 6months it was only a dream to be this far down the scales so i really cant complain but still have 3stone to reach my target 4stone if i wana be slim slim oh i have such a smile on my face

Wee update im down another 3lbs so im thrilled 4lb more off and il hit the 5stone mark this time 6months it was only a dream to be this far down the scales so i really cant complain but still have 3stone to reach my target 4stone if i wana be slim slim oh i have such a smile on my face

Hi flirtylass, almost 5 stones off is absolutely fantastic, you must be so pleased. Whether you have felt much restriction or not, something is definitely working for you, you are almost two thirds of the way to your target. If your success carries on, you will be at your dream weight well within a year of banding. Well done! Bigsister x

CONGRATULATIONS flirtylass im really pleased for you, you have done amazingly well.. hope i do as well as you have. Bet the sun is out over ireland or just your smile. Well done x

Thanx so much Wishful.

Like i said what suits some doesnt suit others, and if its working for you thats brilliant!! We're all made differently arent we.

I'm one of the hungry ones, though I didnt try it after surgery, cos they advised me not to.

I'm so glad it is helping you hunny.

Hi freckles why was you advised not to have slim fast after surgery? im just wondering if i should stick to it or not.. i only have 1 a day for my lunch.. well i have 1/2 at lunch time and 1/2 bwt 4ish, then im having fish and veg for tea although i did have chilli (made with quorn) last night and it was delicious x

Hey bigsister and wishfull the funny thing is i thought id notice so much weight off myself but i near feel as if im bigger than ever and i can see rolls of fat more than ever even though i know thats not possible my mum is goin mad shes worried about me saying i becoming obsessed to a certain extent she could be right from i get up in the morning til i sleep all i think about is getting smaller but it makes me watch every bite i put in my mouth and question what im eating which im glad i do or i dont think id be losing but im praying this 4lb will shift quick enough i always struggle when it comes to getting into a new stone u'd think body done it on purpose lol

Hey bigsister and wishfull the funny thing is i thought id notice so much weight off myself but i near feel as if im bigger than ever and i can see rolls of fat more than ever even though i know thats not possible my mum is goin mad shes worried about me saying i becoming obsessed to a certain extent she could be right from i get up in the morning til i sleep all i think about is getting smaller but it makes me watch every bite i put in my mouth and question what im eating which im glad i do or i dont think id be losing but im praying this 4lb will shift quick enough i always struggle when it comes to getting into a new stone u'd think body done it on purpose lol

you have done fantastic flirty..keep it up, youll be at your target this summer!..me, bigsister and her daughter Lucy have just come back from the spa, its a lovely old victorian place...feel all clean and lovely now..you dont seem to notice time going by when your in there. very relaxing..its full of all women of all ages, big and small, so dont mind wearing swim suit..if anyone can see you through the steam that is. ..all the best to mmm for her op!, hope weather is ok and you get there ok, sure it will be. good luck to freckles on thursday with her pre op.too. well i havent lost anymore weight, i know im back on solids now but still only having half the amount as before band, so its got to start up again soon hasnt it?!..seems like a lot of people get stuck after the first week or two, after initial big loss while on liquids..so ill not fret, i will go slowly,if thats what my body wants to do!.x

Hi flirtylass Its good that your being careful bwt what your eating.. bet if you wasnt you wouldnt of done so well with your weight loss...you have got a great attitude with your band and i think that helps. I cant wait till i get to the day where i have lost as much as you have, my clothes are already looking big and baggy, its great. x

Dear Flirtylas, WELL WELL DONE! You must be ecstatic! It's people like you that give the rest of inspiration to go on and look forward to our ops. Mine is on the 17 March, it seems so far away, I wish is was tomorrow! Since I got my date I seem to be eating for Scotland, every meal is like the last supper! I can't stand it anymore, I know I have made the right decision to have this band fitted as it's the only way I'm going to loose weight. I am miserable being fat, I hate myself, I hate myself because I cannot take control of my life and eat properly and exercise like 'normal people' do to loose weight. When I told my sister what I was doing her response was 'well YOU ARE what YOU EAT!' As you can imagine that made me feel great, NOT! I just wish I had the energy and enthussiasm to do it myself, but the thought od it just makes me feel tired and I want to curl up in bed! I did it before but as soon as you stop trying it just all goes back on and the rest on top of it! Can you tell I,m feeling depressed, I am very tearful today, my husband and I are not getting on very we3ll I tried to talk to him about this but it seems useless as we just start arguing and that is not what I want. I asked him if he minded me spending the money on the op and he said he didn't, but I know it's all the money we have and we have lots of other things we could be spending it on. Anyway I just feel crap today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi fatpants, i think some time or other we have all felt how you are feeling.. i dont think your sister was very helpful with what she has said to you, being honest i dont think people understand how we feel and why we turn to food in the 1st place.. food is like a drug but one that is not recognised, were just called fat and lazy. its a vicious circle the more you eat the bigger and more down you feel and it is difficult to get out of this cycle, and thats why we have chosen to have a bit of help with the band. tomorrow is another day so i hope you feel a bit more positive.. it wont be long till your time is here for your band, you will be surprised how quick the time goes then you can leave this part of your life behind and start looking forward to a new you, chin up were all thinking about you xx