Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

god thats a shame, glad to hear your on the mend. My mum is here at my house and i passed on your thanks she said no problem. I am feeling great was out a 30 min walk in belgium on sunday and got a lot better and less pain by day,

Thanx shoes i think your right a lot of it is in our heads, i know it was in mine before i had my band, i would eat even if i wasnt hungry just snack for the sake of snacking, i dont any more.. i did tell frederik what i eat during the day and he said i was doing well and how well i had changed my attitude towards the food.. he said it takes some people years to change. Also i havnt had any problems going the loo, im still as regular as before my band. Bet you cant wait to go for your band especially after reading how well people are doing and how well they are recovering x :rolleyes:

Hi Wisfull you have a great attitude now i hope i can be as successful I'm starting to get really excited, i have to go shopping to boots for all the bits,i am going to start pre op diet on Friday all I'm thinking about is what i can eat before fri:tt2: shame on me,x:smile:

Hi MMM glad to here your doing ok,its great to here about your experience keep us posted:thumbup:

Welcome Jacks-Mum well done on your weight loss your doing fab keep us posted x:smile:

i would have to say that although i am sticking to the liquid input i would say i done really have much restriction i guess this must just be me healing quickly inside also,

would anyone agree or any points.

Garry

Hi Gary, glad you've joined us, hope you've been well today, I have'nt needed any medication, but tonight I have a little soreness around the port so I might just take disolving p aracetamol before bed.

lewisabbey you must be feeling a lot better if your feeling hungary, you need to catch up on at least 3 days of fluids, bless you i was getting worried. hope mum is getting better aswell

Hi mmm, mum is feeling a bit better today. It was awful travelling back. How did you get on with the travelling? I see Garry has joined the group, it will be good for him to get a bit of support. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone i got banded by dr chris in november and i have lost 3 1/2 stone so far. iv been reading all the posts, goodluck to people who are due to be banded, well done to all the pre bandsters you all seem to be doing well, tc27, tamisu and wishful you all seem to be doing great with your weight loss its such a great feeling isnt it, iv got another 2 1/2 stone id like to lose but ill see how it goes.

Hello and welcome jacksmum. Your weight loss so far is brilliant - well done:thumbup: I am pleased with my weight loss so far, but I seem to be able to eat much more than others (or I might just be greedy:unsure:) I'm sure you will get your next 2 1/2 stones off in no time - good luck. T x

Welcome gary, i see you have joined us post bandsters.. im sure you will find a lot of help and support on this site x

Hi shoes goodluck with your preop diet.. you want to try and stick to it if you can cos it will give you a good start on your liquid diet after your op. Can you believe how quick the time is going, before you know it you will be posting saying your getting ready to fly out x

well what your doing is working for you anyway!..22lb well done!..it sounds like your getting your portion sizes right anyway..you will slow down as your body gets used to it..just make good choices and stick at what your already doing..the band works in a different way to a diet if that makes sense?!.i have started losing again after being stuck for a week..oh and dont forget weetabix or shreddies or summat for breakfast..it kick starts your metabolism and stops your bowels from slowing down..its important to keep some roughage going through or you can get bowel problems.go slowly and surely and weight will come off.it can take about two years in all (prob my case!), but as long as it does go in the right direction, i wont fret! anyway,best of luck!..im just going to work now thats my exersize for today, inc the walking there! x

Thanks for that Gillian. I do seem to be eating more than most. I have ready brek or weetabix for Breakfast, using half a pint of semi-skimmed milk and eat the lot. Then for lunch when I'm at work I have a tin of Soup or rice pudding and then mid afternoon I have a yogurt or a pot of jelly AND for tea I have something like mash potato, veg and gravy or scrambled egg, Beans and mash. I do have much smaller portions than I would have before, but they are bigger than tea-plate size and I don't seem to have problems getting anything down. Also I have no problems going to the loo!!

I wonder if I have stretched my little pouch as I never feel stuffed:blush:

At least you are walking to work and not doing a sedentary job when you are there. I drive to work and sit on my fat backside all day. I must try and do some exercise. I have got a treadmill, but it is just a very large ornament at the minute. T x

i would have to say that although i am sticking to the liquid input i would say i done really have much restriction i guess this must just be me healing quickly inside also,

would anyone agree or any points.

Garry

Hi Garry and welcome!!

When I first had my op (3 weeks ago tomorrow) I couldn't eat very much but I must be all healed up now because I can eat almost anything and dont have much restriction, although I must confess I haven't tried a lot of solid food. T x

Hello and welcome jacksmum you have done well with your weight loss and yes it is a good feeling especially with all my clothes starting to get to big for me, iv had to start washing all my other smaller clothes to freshen em up a bit, clothes i havnt worn for about 2 years or more. im getting a bit concerned incase im not eating enuf as others seem to be eating more x

wishfull - dont you worry, you are doing great. I really wish I had your restriction. Roll on 11th March - maybe I'm ready for my first fill. I have lost 22lbs but my clothes just fit comfortably again. I had gained about a stone and a half in no time (well since deciding to get my band actually) and my clothes were bursting at the seams!! Keep up the good work. T x

Hi shoes goodluck with your preop diet.. you want to try and stick to it if you can cos it will give you a good start on your liquid diet after your op. Can you believe how quick the time is going, before you know it you will be posting saying your getting ready to fly out x

Thanks Wishfull i cant believe it has come round so quickly:w00t: i am going to be really stricked with myself x :rose:

I want one of those tickers but not very good with technology can anyone help please

WELCOME JACKSMUM wow you have had a fantastic result who and where are you having you band fills.

I've just been banded and have'nt made any decision about aftercare providers yet.

Hi mmm - I just followed the info from a post on another thread. It was quite easy to follow:

The link: Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

Select your ticker ruler - Click Next

Select your ticker slider - Click Next

Configure Your Weight Tracker Ticker - Click Next

Cut and paste code for most boards and web pages:

Use the address in bbCode

In this website go to User CP, then in Settings and Options on the left side click on edit signature, paste code information into the white message box and you can either click on save signature or preview signature to see it before you save it.

T x

Hello mmm i have my fills in a private clinic, 1st fill i had dec and had a 3ml fill, 2nd fill mid jan and i had 0.5ml. I havnt had one this month yet, i have got restriction but i think a lot of it is willpower aswell also i am doing more exercise than i did before my band. I also do watch my calorie intake and dont eat the same as i was before my band.. even if i had half the amount im sure the calories would still be high. iv read on here someone saying dont watch your calories but i really think you should and if you check with dr chris he would say the same. Good luck with your weight loss mmm.

Hello and welcome jacksmum. Your weight loss so far is brilliant - well done:thumbup: I am pleased with my weight loss so far, but I seem to be able to eat much more than others (or I might just be greedy:unsure:) I'm sure you will get your next 2 1/2 stones off in no time - good luck. T x

Hi TC - being able to eat quite a bit and losing at the rate you are is a dream! I feel like I daren't get weighed this weekend now after putting on 2lbs last week, I know I will feel completely de-motivated if I haven't lost or worse still, put any more on cos I really haven't been having that much or having foods I shouldn't (apart from the curry and crumble incident on Sat but that wasn't much at all).

Welcome to Garry and Jacksmum - nice to have you join us. For info: I am user 'gillian's' elder sister, I don't wind up or insult other users on the forum just in case you had seen previous posts and thought I was being mean?! (It's an elder sister's perogative!)

Hope everyone is well, particularly those recovering and learning to live with their new bands, bigsister x