Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi cant' wait i was in hospital with a lady who travelled home on eurostar and wasnt to brilliant on it.. the flight is only short and it would be better for you to be home and resting as quick as poss x

I'm 2 lb off being 2 STONE lighter.. how exciting is that. I'm so pleased with myself and my band of course. x Well done on your weight loss gary your doing well x

I'm 2 lb off being 2 STONE lighter.. how exciting is that. I'm so pleased with myself and my band of course. x Well done on your weight loss gary your doing well x

Every stone is a bonus so well done. I have a hell of a lot too loose but hey ho its a dam good start.

Ta much

G

Every stone is a bonus so well done. I have a hell of a lot too loose but hey ho its a dam good start.

Ta much

G

I'm made up, i have been off and on those scales a few times just to make sure they are right lol :tt2:, I just hope the 2lb isnt going to take ages to come off x

Hi Wishfull, Well done almost 2 STONE that's Fab i say you feel great just think what you will have lost for the summer:thumbup: i started my pr op diet today its not bothering me at all im so excited :thumbup: i feel very motivated at the mo, especially from reading everybody's success story's,

Hi Gary, you have done so well losing so much weight before surgery and after :tt2:, i hope i can be as successful as everbody here cant wait to be over surgery and posting good results happy days:smile:

Thanx shoes, keep to your preop itl give you a good start to your diet after your surgery and it wont be long till your posting great results about your weight loss, we are all here to help and support you x

Hi to all how are you all doing Bigsister, Gillian ,MMM ,Flirtylass, Sammy, T27, sorry if i left anybody out , i just emailed Frederick to let him know what time my flight is coming in and to ask him what hotel where staying in as i booked the package with him getting very jittery at the mo can anybody run down the list of things i should bring with me i know peep's have posted this info before save me looking back.

Hi Wishfull, Well done almost 2 STONE that's Fab i say you feel great just think what you will have lost for the summer:thumbup: i started my pr op diet today its not bothering me at all im so excited :thumbup: i feel very motivated at the mo, especially from reading everybody's success story's,

Hi Gary, you have done so well losing so much weight before surgery and after :tt2:, i hope i can be as successful as everbody here cant wait to be over surgery and posting good results happy days:smile:

Thanks for that, the pre op diet is so important and Dr Chris mentioned to me how my liver was very small and easy to manouver. They anticipated becasue i am a big guy that the op would have taken 45-50 mins but apparently i was all done in 30. Apart from my swelling the other day my recovery has been great and i put it down to my level of excercise and diet pre op. As far as items to take, i would take tea bag ( i never but was jealous of mmm having tea and a soggy biscuit, plain of course) peppermint tea, windeze, lip balm, moisturiser,elasticated trousers for leaving hosp and travel home, a wee pointer think mmm mentioned the other day but do take a lot of the barium when you get x ray, i had to ask for a refill twice as it is a laxative and beleive me it realeses some good wind all over that may be giving you shoulder pain. If i can think of anything else i will let you know.

Gxx

Hi shoes the things i would take is.. nurofen melts, cup a Soups, rennie, slim fast, slip on shoes/trainers, i bought jogging bottoms and t-shirt a size too big because of the swelling after surgery, i bought travel size toiletries so it wasnt as much weight in the case, it all helps.

Hi shoes its getting really exiting for you now, the list of things I took included:

Nurofen meltus; Remegel wind tabs; very loose waistband trousers, slip on shoes, loose top, comfy shoes, teabags, large mugs, sachet horlicks and or cup a Soup, buy Water after customs check and take that 2 hospital, lip salve/gloss, get a supply of post op dressings you will have 5 small incisions, 1-2 changes should be enough til your out and about.

If you use the dissolving tabs you get issued put them in warm Water they go completly clear and there is no longer any fizz, it help them go down better.

Dont forget there are restictions on fluids you take through customs and they should be seperated into a small see-through bag, so only pack sample/ travel sizes. I think that covers everything but if I remember more I post again.

Cant weight, I have read somewhere that if you go by euro star you will need to change trains in brusells, catch a new one, and then go on again by bus or taxi. If the mrs is really worried have you throught of going out by eoro star and back by plane to heathrow, but then or course you have to sort out transport back from Heathrow. Just a thought.

Edited by mmm

hi, i notice in some of the posts that "rest" is mentioned - my daughter is getting banded on 6th march and intends going back to work (desk job)on 9th. I am now wondering if this is going to be manageable?? Is it just a personal thing where everyone's different or are you expected to be weakened by it?

thanks for your help

k

Thanks for that, the pre op diet is so important and Dr Chris mentioned to me how my liver was very small and easy to manouver. They anticipated becasue i am a big guy that the op would have taken 45-50 mins but apparently i was all done in 30. Apart from my swelling the other day my recovery has been great and i put it down to my level of excercise and diet pre op. As far as items to take, i would take tea bag ( i never but was jealous of mmm having tea and a soggy biscuit, plain of course) peppermint tea, windeze, lip balm, moisturiser,elasticated trousers for leaving hosp and travel home, a wee pointer think mmm mentioned the other day but do take a lot of the barium when you get x ray, i had to ask for a refill twice as it is a laxative and beleive me it realeses some good wind all over that may be giving you shoulder pain. If i can think of anything else i will let you know.

Gxx

Thank's Garry and wishfull ,for all your tip's , i have to start using treadmill my hubby both me a year a go, have it all set up to watch soaps:crying:

Edited by shoes

hi, i notice in some of the posts that "rest" is mentioned - my daughter is getting banded on 6th march and intends going back to work (desk job)on 9th. I am now wondering if this is going to be manageable?? Is it just a personal thing where everyone's different or are you expected to be weakened by it?

thanks for your help

k

K

I too was in that camp, she will feel fine apart from wound area discomfort however i would reccomend that she takes a few days too herself, i intended to go back on tues/wed however i did not, went for a few hours yesterday and done some work from home. I found yesterday it is completely different sitting at a desk than sitting at home, i was quite sore sitting so upright. A week is nothing and worth it.

G

x

thanks for your help

k

Both myself and my daughter needed at least a week off work, she will have 5 areas with stiches, and be unable to eat, so will feel quite sore until the stiches are out (10 days) and possibly shakey through lack of food, plus if she drives she might not be able to for about 5 days. She will find it particulary tiring doing usual dayly activity, an example being I was banded 1 week ago but struggled doing the weekly supermarket shop alone, I did manage it and drove home, but needed a pain killer and an afternoon nap afterwards.