Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Another week another problem..... aarrgghh

Been laid up all week with a kidney infection, it was awful. Doctor advised me to drink as much Fluid as possible, I have drank gallons of lucozade, cranberry juice and Water - good news I am feeling so much better, bad news I have managed to gain 7lbs...... I must have been severely dehydrated and never even realised.

Skin looks much better, I don't feel as cold nor do I feel quite so tired - what a silly arse, imagine not knowing you were dehydrated.

Hope everyone is well

Kerry x

Another week another problem..... aarrgghh

Been laid up all week with a kidney infection, it was awful. Doctor advised me to drink as much Fluid as possible, I have drank gallons of lucozade, cranberry juice and Water - good news I am feeling so much better, bad news I have managed to gain 7lbs...... I must have been severely dehydrated and never even realised.

Skin looks much better, I don't feel as cold nor do I feel quite so tired - what a silly arse, imagine not knowing you were dehydrated.

Hope everyone is well

Kerry x

Oh Kerry

Hope you are now feeling better. Awful when you feel unwell .

Makes you realise just how dependent we are on liquids.< /p>

Take care and look after yourself.

Cx

Hey guys, got an email from Freddy and he said he spoke to Dr Chris and he advised on a full defill :( blaaahhh really really dont want to!! I am going to book an appointment for the clinic next month and hopefully if I speak to him myself he will be really really nice to me lol! Hope everyone is well xx

Hi Charlene

Is he advising full defill just because of the pregnancy or have you been having problems eating/keeping food down anyway?

Curious as we are starting our fertility drugs at the end of this week all being well so I am very much hoping that I am pregnant before too long but was hoping not to have to have a full defill during the pregnancy. My consultant advised I should if we have a multiple pregnancy and I guess that goes without saying really but I thought you could still have a little left in.

Please let us know how you get on when you see Dr Chris at the Clinic.

Seems very quiet on here, thought there would be loads of posts to catch up on as I've not been back on for a couple of weeks but I guess it is holiday season.

I have only lost 6lbs since my refill at the end of July. Very disappointed, despite not being able to eat much and things getting stuck! I wanted to be as slim as possible for starting on the Clomid, but instead I am concentrating on not smoking and filling up on lots of Vitamins and minerals to get my body ready for making babies, so guess I cant have it both ways. At least I know I have the tool to get me skinny once my babies have arrived.

Hope everyone else is ok

Best Wishes

C xx

Ok...so I'm looking into this whole gastric band thing, and I'm completely terrified. I'm 5 ft 5, approx 14 stone. and 30 years of age. I've been overweight since I was 11. I once lost 4.5 stone and maintained for over a year, but gradually it came back.

It looks like Dr Chris has some great feedback, so I think if I go ahead, he looks like a solid choice. I have been in touch with himself and Frederick, and I need to fill out the hospital form. I had previously enquired with another company who had Dr Chris mentioned on their website, but when they followed up on my enquiry they said they don't work with him. They also seemed very pushy so I backed right off.

If someone could help me with some questions, I'd really, really appreciate it. As much as the pros seem amazing, the down sides are really making me nervous! I'm going to throw out some questions, and I would really appreciate any input from personal experience!

1. I've heard that meats, breads and pastas are very difficult to eat after banding...in which case, what on earth do people survive on? I can't eat fish, it makes me feel ill! Is it mainly vegetarian diets?

2. I'm most definitely, absolutely, positively an emotional eater and I guess a food addict. I quit alcohol a year ago (not good for me at all), and smoking earlier this year. Seeing as I clearly have an addictive personality, I'm very worried that removing the food addiction by force may end up in a brand spanking new addiction rising....anyone found other compulsive areas arising post-band? I know that's very personal, so you obviously don't need to answer on the boards!

3. Is PBing really as terrible as it sounds? How can you avoid it? Do you have time to get out of company before everything comes back up?

4. I had heard of an increase in complications after 5 years -anyone know if this is true?

5. The port - can you feel it? As in, if you touch the skin over where it is, can you feel the port? Or can you feel it moving around in there? Do the fills hurt?

6. Has anyone regretted getting the band fitted? If I go ahead, I'll be using money I was supposed to be saving for a housing deposit....I feel enormous guilt at the thought of that...and I'm scared to tell my family as I think they'll judge me as vain.

Any advice at all on the above would be much valued. And feedback on Dr Chris and the team from personal experience would be great!

R

Ok...so I'm looking into this whole gastric band thing, and I'm completely terrified. I'm 5 ft 5, approx 14 stone. and 30 years of age. I've been overweight since I was 11. I once lost 4.5 stone and maintained for over a year, but gradually it came back.

It looks like Dr Chris has some great feedback, so I think if I go ahead, he looks like a solid choice. I have been in touch with himself and Frederick, and I need to fill out the hospital form. I had previously enquired with another company who had Dr Chris mentioned on their website, but when they followed up on my enquiry they said they don't work with him. They also seemed very pushy so I backed right off.

If someone could help me with some questions, I'd really, really appreciate it. As much as the pros seem amazing, the down sides are really making me nervous! I'm going to throw out some questions, and I would really appreciate any input from personal experience!

1. I've heard that meats, breads and pastas are very difficult to eat after banding...in which case, what on earth do people survive on? I can't eat fish, it makes me feel ill! Is it mainly vegetarian diets?

2. I'm most definitely, absolutely, positively an emotional eater and I guess a food addict. I quit alcohol a year ago (not good for me at all), and smoking earlier this year. Seeing as I clearly have an addictive personality, I'm very worried that removing the food addiction by force may end up in a brand spanking new addiction rising....anyone found other compulsive areas arising post-band? I know that's very personal, so you obviously don't need to answer on the boards!

3. Is PBing really as terrible as it sounds? How can you avoid it? Do you have time to get out of company before everything comes back up?

4. I had heard of an increase in complications after 5 years -anyone know if this is true?

5. The port - can you feel it? As in, if you touch the skin over where it is, can you feel the port? Or can you feel it moving around in there? Do the fills hurt?

6. Has anyone regretted getting the band fitted? If I go ahead, I'll be using money I was supposed to be saving for a housing deposit....I feel enormous guilt at the thought of that...and I'm scared to tell my family as I think they'll judge me as vain.

Any advice at all on the above would be much valued. And feedback on Dr Chris and the team from personal experience would be great!

R

Hello R

Many of the questions you are asking are what most of those considering having a band have posted on this thread and there are pages and pages of peoples experiences. I'll try to answer the ones you have. I was banded just oiver a year ago with Dr Chris and have lost my terget weight and more.

So here goes

meat would refer to steak as it is very fibrous and difficult to digest. Mince is fine but in small quantities. bread some are able to eat this. Pesonally I can't so I replace with crackerbreads and titx biscuits. Pasta depends on the day and type ofpasta. Only recently (last few weeks) have I had a fe spiral twists or tubes finely chopped up. We are talking about 2 pieces of each (so not much). Again everyone is different.

Not sure whether I have another addiction but I still drink alcohol but not in the same amounts. I look at this as a treat as I have reached my target weight.

Sometimes this just can't be helped I find I get a lot of liquid build up where I have chewed and chewed and perhaps gone a little too quickly and next thing I need to get rid of a liquid build up. Yes you have time to go to the toilet. Those around you who know are very aware of what the pattern is and understanding.

Not sure about this as just into my 2nd year of having a band.

Yes you can feel the port. It's stitched in place and no I can't feel it moving it around. No the fills don't hurt. Dr C is very quick at doing these.

No regrets at all.

Good health and happiness is not vanity, it's an investment in staying alive and healthy so that you can enjoy your family. Talk to them you never really know how they will react. BUt again this is individual and yu know how you feel about this and how they may react.

Good luck and take care. Messgae back if you want to know anymore.

Take care

Claire

Thanks very much for the reply. Frederik recommended I book a consultation with Dr Chris so that my mind could be put at ease.

Told one friend yesterday that I was thinking about it, and she wasn't very supportive at all. It's so tough to know what's right!

Thanks very much for the reply. Frederik recommended I book a consultation with Dr Chris so that my mind could be put at ease.

Told one friend yesterday that I was thinking about it, and she wasn't very supportive at all. It's so tough to know what's right!

You learn very quickly who will and won't be supportive.

I only told my best friend, my husband, my mum and the children. My dad found out afterwards but that was more a choice of not having him worry.

Afterwards I did tell people but on my own terms.

I have been very open and honest when people have asked me how I have lost weight as they have been so surprised by the amount of loss.

One of my colleagues guessed and asked if I had had a gastric band? I was so shocked I had to ask who she knew that I knew. She was so shocked that she had guessed and her response was well you only ever read of people doing this in magazines and it's not always positive!

So yes you'll gauge who you want to know and not.

Good luck with your journey.

Cx

hi everyone,

I has been long time but again redeployment process has started again and I have been having so many problems at work.

long story... and I really would like to see final of it soon.

I have lost 50 pounds I feel well but start to feel more hungry,there is definitely less restriction.

I was checking september appointments in belfast and dont see anything for this month. any one from N. Ireland planning to have any refills in september? let me know please.

blondynurse

hi all long time no see lol hope your all doing well i will read and catch up ive been working night's and with the kids back at school it been hectic,so i'll chat soon xx

I have been trying to book a fill on the website, but its not sending me any confirmation email? Is anyone else having any problems?

hi everyone,

I has been long time but again redeployment process has started again and I have been having so many problems at work.

long story... and I really would like to see final of it soon.

I have lost 50 pounds I feel well but start to feel more hungry,there is definitely less restriction.

I was checking september appointments in belfast and dont see anything for this month. any one from N. Ireland planning to have any refills in september? let me know please.

blondynurse

Hi Blondynurse,

I had to go down to Dublin last month for my first fill, the next fill in Belfast is 13th October and I hope to get my second fill then. Just to let you know they are now coming to Dublin every fortnight.

Hope the second fill makes more of an impact than the first I'm constantly hungry this week :(

Elaine

Hi Blondynurse,

I had to go down to Dublin last month for my first fill, the next fill in Belfast is 13th October and I hope to get my second fill then. Just to let you know they are now coming to Dublin every fortnight.

Hope the second fill makes more of an impact than the first I'm constantly hungry this week :(

Elaine

hi nat i would just phone julie to confirm,just incase but i never got an email the last time i done it lol,confused the first fill dosnt do nothing really anyway just fill the band so dont worry the more fill's you get the tighter the band will get good luck hun

Hello all

So much going on. Well I had my bandiversary and yes I met my target!

I am now at week 59 and weighing in at 9st 10.5 lbs never in my wildest dreams did I even think I could be this. I am stunned and so so pleased.

I had a little clear out over the summer via Ebay and bought some lovely new clothes. Currently wearing a size 10 on the bottom half and a 10/12/14 (depends on the cut and tailoring) on the top.

Applied for NHS funding for a breast reduction but was declined as my BMI had not be stable under 25 for 12 months. They have recorded it as August 2011 so I shall ask my GP to resubmit in a years time. I am sure I can grin and bear it.

As for food well I am trying not to lose weight but that's just not happening so thoughts are that I am probably going to have to have a slight defill and see where I go from there. I am very happy at the weight but really don't want to lose anymore. A few issues in the eliminations dept but nothing that prune juice can't sort out and keep at bay.

Have good days and bad days and days when I am absolutely starving and need to have a snack; mainly my school days as I am an early lunch and a little worried to eat in case I need to get rid or suffer with pains in my back. Managing so far.

Will post back again soon. Take care Claire x

hello everybody, hope everyone is doing well. as for me im ready for my 6th fill as i have not lost any weight over 5 months

!

hello everybody, hope everyone is doing well. as for me im ready for my 6th fill as i have not lost any weight over 5 months

!

How frustrating is that!

Have you got some restriction?

How about the amount you eat? Are you able to eat smaller or slightly bigger portions?

What are you eating?

Are you doing any exercise?

Do hope you get some movement as it can be very demoralising. However, I am sure that once you have the right amount in your band then it will start to work more effectively for you.

Would be interested to hear the theories on why this happens fromother bandsters and Dr Chris and his team????

Take care and hope all sorted soon for you.

Cx