Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi All,

This time next week I'll be in Belgium, awaiting surgery. I'm a bit worried though - Frederik said I should follow a 2 week 'low-fat' diet, so I just started eating healthier foods, but haven't really been calorie counting or anything. And I'm eating a lot of carbs.

However, the real problem is that I got panicky at the weekend and stuffed myself with absolute garbage (pizza, chocolate ice cream etc). So - did anyone cheat on their pre-op diet? (I plan to make up for it this week), and is there any recommendation on what diet to follow? I see a whole bunch of people on liquid diets PRE op.

Have I put myself at risk? I know it sounds like I have NO self-control at all, but I have managed to successfully follow diets in the ast, I think it's all the 'after surgery you can't' got into my head and I went a bit nuts.

I'm getting really worried, and waking up thining 'what am I doing??'

R

I ate for England in the two weeks running up to my op! Dont worry too much about it x

Does anyone know where in London, Herts, Beds, Bucks or Northants I can get the barium xray? Everywhere I have found requires a doctors referal. Also, how much is it roughly? Dr Chris said I couldnt get any more fills until I got the xray done :(

Me too. I just kept thinking, I'll have an Indian because this will be my last for ages and donner kebab and chinese and all the other foods that we all overeat on. I was worried too in case I got turned away but that didn't happen. I think they would prefer and it would be best to try, to reduce the size of your liver for the op. Don't bother taking a dressing gown, I bought one of those big fluffy ones for the hospital, which took up loads of room up in me case but all the time I was there I just wore the hospital nightie, tight white stocking you are given to reduce the chance of blood clots and really thats all you need. There was 6 of us having it done when I was there, 3 women and 3 men. We all stayed in the same hotel and went to the hospital together, we did everything together really and Its been a few weeks since my op and we are still in touch with each other, to help each other through the new life we are just starting.

I ate for England in the two weeks running up to my op! Dont worry too much about it x

Does anyone know where in London, Herts, Beds, Bucks or Northants I can get the barium xray? Everywhere I have found requires a doctors referal. Also, how much is it roughly? Dr Chris said I couldnt get any more fills until I got the xray done :(

Xray express - 121 Harley Street, London, W1G 6AX Letter from Dr Chris at the London Clinic

Cost is £90

Tel: 020 7224 6493

HTH

Claire

Xray express - 121 Harley Street, London, W1G 6AX Letter from Dr Chris at the London Clinic

Cost is £90

Tel: 020 7224 6493

HTH

Claire

Thank you. Do you get the xray there and then, so i could coincide it with an appointment with Dr Chris?

xx

Hi Guys

I have now broke the 6 stone mark - woo hoo. It has gave me a real boost. I am now in Size 14's and feel great, the only downside is I am bloody freezing cold and feel quite tired but I know it will pass.

Band is still quite restricted and only managing a cup a Soup and 1 cracker at lunchtime and a few spoonfuls of my meal at night, which I know is not good enough but can't seem to get anything else in. Tried making smoothie but couldnt get that down either.

Was thinking of buying some Protein shakes and see how I get on

Hope everyone is well

Kerry x

Thank you. Do you get the xray there and then, so i could coincide it with an appointment with Dr Chris?

xx

Yes they do and yes Dr Chris would need to see them. I am going on the 10th November. HTH

Claire

Hi Guys

I have now broke the 6 stone mark - woo hoo. It has gave me a real boost. I am now in Size 14's and feel great, the only downside is I am bloody freezing cold and feel quite tired but I know it will pass.

Band is still quite restricted and only managing a cup a Soup and 1 cracker at lunchtime and a few spoonfuls of my meal at night, which I know is not good enough but can't seem to get anything else in. Tried making smoothie but couldnt get that down either.

Hope everyone is well

Kerry x

Congrats on losing over 6 stone that's brilliant.

Complete empathy with the not eating very much and the things that you have been able to eat are suddenly your worst enemy and the cold, ohh I am not looking forward to the weather getting colder!! Brrrr

Do hope your restricton eases a little. I must admit that my restriction has only just started to ease and my last fill was May/June I have 6mls in my band.

I am now able to eat cashew nuts and raisins which is a real luxury. I have started to have bevitas aswell as I was having a few problems in the elimination area and needed fibre!

Take care and look after yourself.

Claire x

Hi peoples, havent been around for a long time. I see a few newbies, welcome to you all.

And so much progress!!!! You are all doing so well.

I stopped smoking, (forever) and have put loads of weight on.

Went for a fill in Manchester last Thursday with Bart, and I had put on 5 kilos (about 10lbs 10oz)

He found my port in a jiffy, because its turned, Chris and Freddie struggle a bit to find it.

Bart put in .75mls so I am now up to 7.5 in my band, but alas it is too full. I cant sleep lying down, I get the gurgling and horrid cough. I hate that part, I can put up with all the other downsides, but I do need my sleep.

I'm hoping it will loosen up a little over the next few weeks.

Eaten yesterday, 1 bowl of 2minute porridge, eaten over 3 hours. 1/2 bag of Monster Munch (cos they are the same consistancy as the crackers they give you after the op). And that was it. STILL I had the acid reflux, and the Monster munch were eaten at 6pm, so whats that all about?

Anywa, the battery has gone in my scales, so dont know if I have lost any weight or not.

Will try to buy one from somewhere and report back soon.

You all take care now and speak soon xxxx

Hi peoples, havent been around for a long time. I see a few newbies, welcome to you all.

And so much progress!!!! You are all doing so well.

I stopped smoking, (forever) and have put loads of weight on.

Went for a fill in Manchester last Thursday with Bart, and I had put on 5 kilos (about 10lbs 10oz)

He found my port in a jiffy, because its turned, Chris and Freddie struggle a bit to find it.

Bart put in .75mls so I am now up to 7.5 in my band, but alas it is too full. I cant sleep lying down, I get the gurgling and horrid cough. I hate that part, I can put up with all the other downsides, but I do need my sleep.< /p>

I'm hoping it will loosen up a little over the next few weeks.

Eaten yesterday, 1 bowl of 2minute porridge, eaten over 3 hours. 1/2 bag of Monster Munch (cos they are the same consistancy as the crackers they give you after the op). And that was it. STILL I had the acid reflux, and the Monster munch were eaten at 6pm, so whats that all about?

Anywa, the battery has gone in my scales, so dont know if I have lost any weight or not.

Will try to buy one from somewhere and report back soon.

You all take care now and speak soon xxxx

great to see you back freckles hope all is going well,and hey yell done on the smoking thing i gave up 6 years ago and that is when i put on my weight lol,at least you have your band to help you,that 10lb will be off you in no time chin up hun xx

Aww thanx Slinx, you are doing so well, so proud of you. You got any pix? Be lovely to see you all slim.

I bought a new battery and weighed last night, I'd lost 2 kilos ( 4lbs) since thursday morning, I'll see what happens today, cos I ate a little more yesterday, though only Monster Munch and a whey Protein drink.

Slept great last night, I took a Zantac, they always help with acid reflux, dont know why I didnt take the one the other 2 nights, just forgot about them I spose.

I'm not gonna change my ticker till next week, as it will prolly level itself out, as the initial weight loss is usually just Water.

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is well

Kerry x

[/WOW, 6 STONE, well done Kerry. It's given me a boost too to see your success. I'v only got mine done on recently and don't get my first fill till Nov sometime but it's great to see that it really works. So pleased for you, It must be great getting to buy all those lovely things that never came in large sizes and when they did, they never looked the same. I'v lost 1 st and looking forward to the future with a smile on my face. Thank you so much everyone for posting here it helps to see where we will be down the road. X

Hi Husk

Well done on becoming a bandee - you will not regret it. As I said to my husband today nothing tastes as good as fitting in to my Size 14s. It has been a long hard journey to this point and I would be lying if I said it has been easy - this has been the hardest thing I have ever done, but even with all the problems I have faced I have found it to be worth every difficult step. The hardest part is the fitting in with family life - I am sure it is a form of mental cruelty that comes with the band - hardest thing is to make your family bacon sandwiches or a lovely sunday roast and then sit back and watch them eat it - torture.......lol

Freckles - well done on stopping smoking, you won't regret it. I have been stopped for almost 2 years, I decided to quit in preparation for my band and again was another great decision. My skin, hair, breathing, fitness levels have improved massively and I look at people who smoke now and feel sorry for them - knowing how horrible they must still feel.

I am just back from a hill walking weekend and climbed another Corbett - nearly killed myself doing it lol but I made it - 18 months ago I struggled to walk to the shop - how times have changed.

Good luck to everyone just starting out on their journey - use this site to ask questions, the older one's amongst us are always more than happy to help if we can and you can trust we will only ever tell you the truth - the good and the bad...

Take care everyone

Kerry x

ae417efc.gif

Fattypatty, how wonderful for you and hubby, take care of you xxxx

Thank you very much Freckles, and well done on the not smoking. I had always struggled to give up but cut down t 3 a day when treatment started and havent smoked since we found out I was Pregnant.

Hello everyone else

well done scooby on your 6 stone xx

Im gonna have to start moving my weight loss ticker the other way, put on 10lb since defill 4 weeks ago :(. it has levelled out in last few days thank god so must be fully re hydrated now. Seeing midwife tomorrownfor first ante natal so dont want to start being lectured for weight gain!

Take care all xx