Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanx so much Scoob and fattypatty for your good wishes on the non-smoking. I am determined to succeed this time. I Gave it up when I was banded the second time, but after a couple of fills, I gave in to it whilst at a bbq and couldnt eat or drink the wine, and started again, after 4 months. Silly person I am.

Had awful reflux last night and got up to vomit, sorry to share that, but its so tight and it takes some getting used to when I've been stuffing my face for 7 weeks.

I must remember my tum is very tiny and cant hold as much as it used to. I gotta keep telling myself this. Whereas before i used to stop eating and have a smoke instead, now i cant lol.

Thanx so much Scoob and fattypatty for your good wishes on the non-smoking. I am determined to succeed this time. I Gave it up when I was banded the second time, but after a couple of fills, I gave in to it whilst at a bbq and couldnt eat or drink the wine, and started again, after 4 months. Silly person I am.

Had awful reflux last night and got up to vomit, sorry to share that, but its so tight and it takes some getting used to when I've been stuffing my face for 7 weeks.

I must remember my tum is very tiny and cant hold as much as it used to. I gotta keep telling myself this. Whereas before i used to stop eating and have a smoke instead, now i cant lol.

Hi, having my band done by dr. debruyne on friday and just wondering if anyone could tell me what happens on the day of surgery, booked directly with dr. debruyne and just wondering how you pay the money and all that.

Hi, having my band done by dr. debruyne on friday and just wondering if anyone could tell me what happens on the day of surgery, booked directly with dr. debruyne and just wondering how you pay the money and all that.

hi mummy of three and congrats on your band decision,i paid my money through the bank at the same time as the deposit as i didnt want to carry it with me,but the rest of the people i met there just paid the first evening in the hotel.when you arrive at hotel they will tell you to met frederik in one of the meeting rooms around 7 in the evening or he will come to your room,talk about the surgery and sign some forms and you would pay him at that point,he will tell you to go and have your last meal and enjoy itl lol.your taxi will collect you at 6 i think,you can ask hotel for an alarm call i did a bit earlier so i could shower,when you arrive in hospital,you walk in and take your first right into a waiting room and press the machine to take a ticket and wait for your number to be called you then give your information in to reception and you have to show your passport so dont forget it as they wont do the surgery,once this is done you are shown up to your ward,then given your room,they sometimes give you a time for your op they you go to your room and the nurses will prep you,surgical stockings etc,you will then meet dr debruyne for a chat about surgery and can ask questions,you then go back to your room and chat to whoever is there lol,ps when they come to take you down you dont go straight into surgery you go into a waiting room and they take you one by one in order of beds,once knocked out you wake up in the recovery room,once you have come too,your taken back up to your ward,ps ask for painkillers if you need them as they dont seem to quick in offering,you will sleep prob the whole day away and the next morning they take your drip out,you get washed and dressed and at lunch time they bring you some Soup to eat then your taxi will collect you after lunch and you go back to hotel were freddy will check in on you in the night,when you leave the hospital they give you a wee pack containing your wharferin injections,pain killers and couple of dressings, Just after my surgery i felt like a horse had kicked me but i can honestly say they told me the pain would be halved the next day and boy it had i felf quite good and each day it gets easier,ps dont take too much into the hospital as you dont need it your out most of the first day and going back the hotel the next any more questions fire away x

Hi All

Firstly congrats to fattypatty after all your hard work it has paid off for u and hubbie im so pleased keep well and healthy and please keep in touch and let us all know how u are getting on.:D

scoobydoo its great to hear u have passed your 6stone mark a big well done i know u were struggling a few weeks back but it just goes to show i u stick with it ,it does go down in the end.

I havent been on in a while as you know i had to go back to get my band fixed in july and he put 5mls in at that time i did feel a small diff but nothing to give me a dramatic weight loss.

I had not been for a fill in Aug as Dr Chris was on holiday and as we disscussed before i was not going to let anyone else do my fills. anyway i was in Spain in August myself and Jersey in sep so the next time i could get a fill was 3 weeks ago he put 1ml in and this now takes me up to 6mls i do feel a big diffrence since then dont know how much weight i have lost but i go see him this thurs for a fill and i hope to have lost about 7 to 10 pounds as i would be pleased with that over 3 weeks.

SaraP I am delighted your replacement band has gone well and you are now on your way to skinnydom. You have had a particularly bad experience but I am sure you will turn this round into a positive one from now on and wish you every luck.

I have not had a fill since May and at this moment in time I am so glad I didn't go and get another bit put in - my band is weird at the minute. Some days I can manage to get stuff down but most of the time I struggle to get even fluids in - especially in the morning, can't even drink my morning cuppa. My hubby thinks I should get a bit taking out because it is so difficult at the moment but it has taken me a long time to reach maximum restriction so would be silly to get some removed.

My only worry is I am off on holiday next month to Gran Canaria so slightly concerned about what would happen if it got any tighter - but I have flown twice since having it fitted and neither time before did it tighten so hopefully this time will be the same.

Hope everyone is well

Kerry xx

Hi All

scoobydoo its great to hear u have passed your 6stone mark a big well done i know u were struggling a few weeks back but it just goes to show i u stick with it ,it does go down in the end.

I havent been on in a while as you know i had to go back to get my band fixed in july and he put 5mls in at that time i did feel a small diff but nothing to give me a dramatic weight loss.

I had not been for a fill in Aug as Dr Chris was on holiday and as we disscussed before i was not going to let anyone else do my fills. anyway i was in Spain in August myself and Jersey in sep so the next time i could get a fill was 3 weeks ago he put 1ml in and this now takes me up to 6mls i do feel a big diffrence since then dont know how much weight i have lost but i go see him this thurs for a fill and i hope to have lost about 7 to 10 pounds as i would be pleased with that over 3 weeks.

So glad your band was replaced successfully. Good idea to just go to Dr Chris as he is the expert, nothing against Frederik or Chris du Prez as they have both done fills for me. Actually all three and Dr Chris is the quickest.

Slowly slowly especially after what you have just been through let us know how much you gave lost . Lots of positive energy from this neck of the woods as I know you will achieve the loss that you want.

Take care

Claire

I have not had a fill since May and at this moment in time I am so glad I didn't go and get another bit put in - my band is weird at the minute. Some days I can manage to get stuff down but most of the time I struggle to get even fluids in - especially in the morning, can't even drink my morning cuppa. My hubby thinks I should get a bit taking out because it is so difficult at the moment but it has taken me a long time to reach maximum restriction so would be silly to get some removed.

My only worry is I am off on holiday next month to Gran Canaria so slightly concerned about what would happen if it got any tighter - but I have flown twice since having it fitted and neither time before did it tighten so hopefully this time will be the same.

Hope everyone is well

Kerry xx

This is the same for me on a day to day basis as I never know quite what the band is going to be like.

When I had my October 2010 fillit crucified me and I found it very difficult but workedmy way through it. I was going to the USA on hols and concerned about the flight aswell. I only had cuppa Soups on the flight as the airline botched my meal order booking. I was tight for a few days after arrival and when we came back. I think the return was more jetlag combined with slightly more srestrictionand being unwell.

Hope you have a lovely time in Gran Canaria and the weather is good! Enjoy and let us know how you get on.

Take care

Cx

hi everyone,hope all is doing well. Hi freckles welcome back ,you too going through that acid reflux ,i was going through a hard time last time i couldnt sleep at all mucus was comming through my nose it was terrible but then i had an unfill i now have 7mls. i can eat everything so its purely self control now i lost 6lbs just being on liquid diet for 4 weeks now as i cannot have anymore fill. well i hope it gets better for you or else its best to have an unfil.

Hi All,

I had my surgery on 18th, and in all honesty I feel like I've gone several rounds with Mike Tyson. Dr Chris told me on the check out day that I'd developed a haematoma on the surgical site that would make things more painful for me. When Bart came to check on me later that day he said I'd need to keep an eye on it as I was so swollen, and that they may not be able to do a fill after 4 - 6 weeks because my swelling may not have gone down.

My spirits are ok, I'm a little scared in general I think. I was tearful going into the surgery (I'm such a sap!), and very depressed the following day (I had a bad reaction to the general aneasthetic - I still wasn't able to stand 24 hours after surgery without nearly passing out and serious nausea, they suggested I stay longer in the hospital but I couldn't face it!) - but Dr Chris was lovely and said it was completely normal.

I do have a question though - I'm finding walking (eg walk to shops - 20 mins/30 mins) a real struggle. Shortness of breath. exhaustion (and I never experienced this prior to surgery, I walked an hour a day no probs). I had the same feeling when hoovering today. Did anyone else experience this?

Was delighted last night as I was able to roll onto my port side while sleeping without to much pain. Still find sitting up a complete drag though - so sore!

Pain is definitely decreasing a LOT every day, but my heamatoma is horrible. I know all the above sounds all negative - so anyone researching Dr Chris please note that the service was excellent, the staff very professional, and I am definitely an exception as regards the reaction to the general and the heamatoma - the other two girls were flying around the next day!

So - anyone else have a rough time post-surgery as regards the exercise post-op? And I mean very low intensity - incredibly slow walking!

Hi All,

I had my surgery on 18th, and in all honesty I feel like I've gone several rounds with Mike Tyson. Dr Chris told me on the check out day that I'd developed a haematoma on the surgical site that would make things more painful for me. When Bart came to check on me later that day he said I'd need to keep an eye on it as I was so swollen, and that they may not be able to do a fill after 4 - 6 weeks because my swelling may not have gone down.

My spirits are ok, I'm a little scared in general I think. I was tearful going into the surgery (I'm such a sap!), and very depressed the following day (I had a bad reaction to the general aneasthetic - I still wasn't able to stand 24 hours after surgery without nearly passing out and serious nausea, they suggested I stay longer in the hospital but I couldn't face it!) - but Dr Chris was lovely and said it was completely normal.

I do have a question though - I'm finding walking (eg walk to shops - 20 mins/30 mins) a real struggle. Shortness of breath. exhaustion (and I never experienced this prior to surgery, I walked an hour a day no probs). I had the same feeling when hoovering today. Did anyone else experience this?

Was delighted last night as I was able to roll onto my port side while sleeping without to much pain. Still find sitting up a complete drag though - so sore!

Pain is definitely decreasing a LOT every day, but my heamatoma is horrible. I know all the above sounds all negative - so anyone researching Dr Chris please note that the service was excellent, the staff very professional, and I am definitely an exception as regards the reaction to the general and the heamatoma - the other two girls were flying around the next day!

So - anyone else have a rough time post-surgery as regards the exercise post-op? And I mean very low intensity - incredibly slow walking!

oh your poor thing,a couple of people have had a bad reaction but not many you just happen to be one of the unfortunates,hopefull someone on here that has had the haemetoma will reply to you as for the walking i have to admitt i was a bit slow getting around after surgery and for at least a week i was scared of overdoing it,i wasnt breathless though.i was prob going too slow to get breathless lol,hopefully things will settle down hun and you can get on with losing your weight xx

Thanks for your support MummiesBB, It's great to get all this wonderful advise and know that all the little niggly pains and the gas are common things to get. I am so filled with gas I may float away soon.blink.gif

hi husk im not very good on computer so soz for not seeing the emails lol,i hope i have sorted out what you wanted me too let me know hun xx

Thanks for your support MummiesBB, It's great to get all this wonderful advise and know that all the little niggly pains and the gas are common things to get. I am so filled with gas I may float away soon.blink.gif

hi husk im not very good on computer so soz for not seeing the emails lol,i hope i have sorted out what you wanted me too let me know hun xx

Thank you so much Slinky, It is much appreciated. I'm not the best on a puter either. Thanks once again for your help.

I just got on the scales and I'v lost a total of 22lbs, I can't tell you how pleased I am. I'm so glad I had the band and I'm looking forward to my new life. I'v just got to work out how to get the ticker in here now, hehehehe. Lets see how long it takes me. :^)

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good. I love being able to come here and share my views and learn new things.

Looking forward to christmas, to looking and feeling different. smile.gif

Thank you so much Slinky, It is much appreciated. I'm not the best on a puter either. Thanks once again for your help.

I just got on the scales and I'v lost a total of 22lbs, I can't tell you how pleased I am. I'm so glad I had the band and I'm looking forward to my new life. I'v just got to work out how to get the ticker in here now, hehehehe. Lets see how long it takes me. :^)

thats a great loss husk,it feel's fantastic dosn't it,and just think it can only get better and better.And the whole ticker thing,i think i done mine by mistake lol,just go to the ticker factory and try and work it out from there i had a pic up and now dont know how to get one back on lol,well it is a work in progress xx