Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Oh wow. I know everyone reacts in diferent ways, but since I booked my surgery it seems like all I'm hearing of is people having really bad experiences. Is it really worth it? I hope you're feeling better blondynurse! Sounds really traumatic you poor thing. :(

NT WORRY CANDENCE IT IS REALLY WORTH IT HUN I WOULDN OF LOST MY WEIGHT OTHERWISE JUST WEE NIGGLES YOU HAVE TO GET RIGHT YOU WONT BE SORRY XX SOZ FOR CAPS

Thanks wannabe! I'm booked for 18th October...I'm so glad I found this forum - people seem to be very supportive and it's a great source of information. :o)

Thanks wannabe! I'm booked for 18th October...I'm so glad I found this forum - people seem to be very supportive and it's a great source of information. :o)

Hello

We have all had very different journeys and that is the beauty of the band! It works it's magic and this can take a little while or be quite quick. It's a tool and you need to understand how it works in order to make it effective for you. The journey can be up and down just like life. It's a journey that can be fraught with challenges but I wouldn't have it nany other wAy otherwise it would have been to easy and I wouldn't appreciate where I am today. So might be scary before you go for surgery but better you know up front than not know at all and say obj I wish I has known that. But then you may never experience it. Believe in the choice you have made it's worth it especially when you buy a size 10 dress in East like I did today and have the lovely male assistant tell you it was perfect! A very pleasant experience. Take care Cx

Hi All, new to this but was thinking for a long time of having a lap band done and was wondering how to go about organising it. I live in ireland and was just wondering if Dr De Bruyne comes to ireland. I'd love to hear from someone from ireland who has had the surgery with him. did you book directly with the doctor or with a company? Is there an aftercare package? what happens with the refills? how much did it cost? sorry for all the questions. thanks

Hi All, new to this but was thinking for a long time of having a lap band done and was wondering how to go about organising it. I live in ireland and was just wondering if Dr De Bruyne comes to ireland. I'd love to hear from someone from ireland who has had the surgery with him. did you book directly with the doctor or with a company? Is there an aftercare package? what happens with the refills? how much did it cost? sorry for all the questions. thanks

hi mummy im from ni if it helps lol,yes he come to bangor in ni once a month and to dublin every 2 weeks for fills,and yes i and most of the people on here booked direct as it is cheaper,as for aftercare there isnt a packaged as such you pay 90 for fills when you want them thats your choice how often to have them but if you have all your fills with dr chris's team and anything happens to your band he will correct it,i think it about 4200 euro,that's including hotel for two for 3 days,your surgery and taxi's to and from hospital and the airport sot you just have to buy your flight,they are very professional and hospitals extremly clean,ive tried every diet in the book and after 5 kids couldnt lose the weight or if i did i would put it all back on again and im so happy in myself now ive lost just over 4 stone and have found my confidence again so for me it is win win goodluck hun xx

This site it so quiet these days, wonder what has happened to everyone..

Well another month gone and still no further weight loss, I am eating cup a Soup and crackers at lunch and a very small portion of tea at night so can't understand what is going on. Getting really fed up though. Over the last 6/8 weeks I have lost and gained the same 2lbs - so frustrating. Don't need a fill cos hardly eating anything as it is - do you think its cos I not eating enough - body in starvation mode?? Was gonna dig out the blender and make some smoothies to have for lunch and tea - full of good stuff and might be enough to give me a boost

Hope everyone is doing well and for all the newbies - remember this is still the best decision I have ever made even now with all my frustration - I am still 5 stone lighter than I was last year and everyone keeps telling me I look amazing, down from a size 22/24 to a 14/16 depending on where I shop - still head to the Big Ladies bit though - really weird how old habits never change

Kerry x

Hello all

I have been awol for a few weeks, but delighted to see you girls posting on here again as I have some news to share .... I am 6 weeks pregnant!!!

First new round of clomid started in August and we hit the jackpot! And it is without a doubt entirely due to the weightloss, which of course is due to the band and the whole reason I had the op in the first place was to fulfill my dream of becoming a mum.

Me and hubs are still in shock as together we have been trying for 6 long years and I tried several times before that in the 16 years since I was told it was unlikely to ever happen for me because of PCOS, and yet now my hormone levels are back to normal.

The last 2 weeks have been a rollercoaster since we found out as I have been having severe cramps and they thought I was having an ectopic, and then found that one of my ovaries is very swollen to 10cms and has 2 large cysts of 5x5cms and 5x7cms in it, and my god its agony and I am very bloated and swollen.

We finally got to see the little blob of a sac housing our baby on the scan yesterday and I cannot tell you the relief, but they they will be scanning me every 2 weeks now to keep an eye on the cysts.

So i also had to go and see Freddie last week to get a defill as I'd not been able to keep anything down for 3 days, so literally have a mil left in the band, but luckily I have only gone up 3lb in the last week from eating normally, whereas after my defill in May I put on a stone in that first week as I had been so dehydrated.

So, i'll keep popping here to check on all your progresses, and of course to keep you updated on my news, but you will of course all be at your goals by the time I am back on the band wagon in just over 9 months, so i'll be a newbie once again!

Very well done Claire on reaching goal, I never quite got there weight wise, but I defo have end goal wise.

Good luck and best wishes to all xxx

Hmm how did I end up with a big fat ad in my post???

Hello all

I have been awol for a few weeks, but delighted to see you girls posting on here again as I have some news to share .... I am 6 weeks pregnant!!!

First new round of clomid started in August and we hit the jackpot! And it is without a doubt entirely due to the weightloss, which of course is due to the band and the whole reason I had the op in the first place was to fulfill my dream of becoming a mum.

Me and hubs are still in shock as together we have been trying for 6 long years and I tried several times before that in the 16 years since I was told it was unlikely to ever happen for me because of PCOS, and yet now my hormone levels are back to normal.

The last 2 weeks have been a rollercoaster since we found out as I have been having severe cramps and they thought I was having an ectopic, and then found that one of my ovaries is very swollen to 10cms and has 2 large cysts of 5x5cms and 5x7cms in it, and my god its agony and I am very bloated and swollen.

We finally got to see the little blob of a sac housing our baby on the scan yesterday and I cannot tell you the relief, but they they will be scanning me every 2 weeks now to keep an eye on the cysts.

So i also had to go and see Freddie last week to get a defill as I'd not been able to keep anything down for 3 days, so literally have a mil left in the band, but luckily I have only gone up 3lb in the last week from eating normally, whereas after my defill in May I put on a stone in that first week as I had been so dehydrated.

So, i'll keep popping here to check on all your progresses, and of course to keep you updated on my news, but you will of course all be at your goals by the time I am back on the band wagon in just over 9 months, so i'll be a newbie once again!

Very well done Claire on reaching goal, I never quite got there weight wise, but I defo have end goal wise.

Ohh I am sat here grinning from ear to ear!

Very well done Claire on reaching goal, I never quite got there weight wise, but I defo have end goal wise. - this was never really the ultimate goal for you it was about losing the initial weight so that you could have a very precious gift a baby

I am so so pleased for you both and really hope that everything can go smoothly for you. Make sure you have good support around you and have a doula we are worth our weight in gold. Doula UK will have a list of who is registered near you. So so happy for you, congratulations!!!!

Do keep popping back to let us know how you are getting on and especially when you are nearer your due date for lots of positive support and birthing vibes.

Take care and stay in touch

Claire xxxx

Ohh I am sat here grinning from ear to ear!

Very well done Claire on reaching goal, I never quite got there weight wise, but I defo have end goal wise. - this was never really the ultimate goal for you it was about losing the initial weight so that you could have a very precious gift a baby

I am so so pleased for you both and really hope that everything can go smoothly for you. Make sure you have good support around you and have a doula we are worth our weight in gold. Doula UK will have a list of who is registered near you. So so happy for you, congratulations!!!!

Do keep popping back to let us know how you are getting on and especially when you are nearer your due date for lots of positive support and birthing vibes.

Take care and stay in touch

Claire xxxx

Thank you very much Claire, I am utterly stunned still that it worked first time, and cannot wait for the months ahead. I absolutely will keep you updated and I will look into Doula UK

Best wishes

C xx

Thank you very much Claire, I am utterly stunned still that it worked first time, and cannot wait for the months ahead. I absolutely will keep you updated and I will look into Doula UK

Best wishes

C xx

The body is amazing and can do wonders when we think the odds are against us!

Enjoy every minute and take lots of photos of you pregnant and your changing body. There's plenty of time after the baby arrives to worry about losing weight. You have done amazingly well to be just 13 pounds off your target - well done!!

I would be so chuffed and flying on top of cloud 9! Just the way you are!!!

With lots of love ...

Cx

Hello all

yyyyiiipppeeee im soo pleased for you patty,how amazing for it to work first time,this band works wonders and helps people in many different ways lol congrats and look after yourself and as claire says keep in touch,it makes my day hearing such lovley stories well done xxx

FP Fantastic News - so pleased for you both.

I appear to have had a bit of slippage or something, my band has gone incredibly tight - can't even get Soup down, everything I have tried just comes back up in a pile of slime... Last night was the worst, went to bed and woke up choking on slime, really struggled to breath - got such a fright. Eventually got back to bed only for constant gurgling and slime to keep coming up - would I be better sleeping sitting up? Has anyone else encountered this before??

I had a similar turn like this about 2 months ago but after about 48 hours it was fine again - but this is now day 5 and starting to get a bit worried about it - any suggestions?

On the plus side it should give my weight loss a boost lol...

Kerry xx

FP Fantastic News - so pleased for you both.

I appear to have had a bit of slippage or something, my band has gone incredibly tight - can't even get Soup down, everything I have tried just comes back up in a pile of slime... Last night was the worst, went to bed and woke up choking on slime, really struggled to breath - got such a fright. Eventually got back to bed only for constant gurgling and slime to keep coming up - would I be better sleeping sitting up? Has anyone else encountered this before??

I had a similar turn like this about 2 months ago but after about 48 hours it was fine again - but this is now day 5 and starting to get a bit worried about it - any suggestions?

On the plus side it should give my weight loss a boost lol...

Kerry xx

Hello

Yes I have this every now and again.

Try lying down elevated if this makes any sense.

Are you eating later than usual? Dr Chris advised me to eat earlier and at least 2 hours before I was due to go to bed.

Try cold and hot beverages to see if this helps with getting soemthing down - as everyone is different.

The band can be temperamental and every day can be so different from the one before and the next one.

Are you managing to keep liquid down?

When I had this I was better on solids very slowly and stopped soup altogether until I felt I was ready to give it another go.

Hope you are soon feeling a little better.

Take care

Claire