Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Jiggy

I am staying at the Campanile Hotel in Vilvoorde. It will cost 207 Euros which is about £164.00 (twin room). The Eurostar is going to cost £138.00. Thats for 2 people though as I am taking a friend with me. The only extras I will have to pay is taxi and train fares. At least I will be saving on restaurant bills lol. I think it will be Slim fast for me!

I will be having my consultation with Dr Chris on the 12th August and being baded the next day.

Where are you from?

I will let you know how I got on if you like?

Bonita

So far I am very pleased with my band and the way Dr Chris and his staff looked after me, they are very conscientious and conciderate. I would recommend him to anyone.

The whole experience was really good. The hospital is fantastic, so modern and state of the art. I felt safe and looked after. The staff were really helpful to and put me at ease.

So pleased I made the decision to get banded, It was a big decision for me but when you think about all the advantages of being fitter and healthier there really is no contest. Better life, here I come.

:^)

Edited by Husk

poor you husk it is hard to get all the info pity you didnt find this site sooner,but at least you have it done and over you and are on your way to a new you any questions or concerns just ask hun there a great bunch on here xx

I'm just on my 2 weeks on liquids slinky but I know when I start introducing other foods I will be looking for some advice. I'll trawl through all back posts too, I bet a lot of the questions I will have have already been answered. so glad this is here and thanks for your reply. :^)smile.gif

Any questions or concerns just ask hun there a great bunch on here xx

I'm just on my 2 weeks on liquids slinky but I know when I start introducing other foods I will be looking for some advice. I'll trawl through all back posts too, I bet a lot of the questions I will have have already been answered. so glad this is here and thanks for your reply. :^)smile.gif

Congratulations and welcome to the world of gastric bands their highs and their lows. As Slinky said we are here to help and even though I have reached my target weight I regularly visit and touch base especially as I found the forum really informative and helped me to make a choice. Sorry to hear that you ended up paying more, it's very easy to think that they are the Consultant. You are here and just take your time don't rush it or thnk it is a quick fix as it isn't.

It take s time and patience and persistence by the bucket load.

Take care and enjoy

Claire x

Thanks for your support MummiesBB, It's great to get all this wonderful advise and know that all the little niggly pains and the gas are common things to get. I am so filled with gas I may float away soon.blink.gif

Congratulations and welcome to the world of gastric bands their highs and their lows. As Slinky said we are here to help and even though I have reached my target weight I regularly visit and touch base especially as I found the forum really informative and helped me to make a choice. You are here and just take your time don't rush it or thnk it is a quick fix as it isn't.

It take s time and patience and persistence by the bucket load.

Take care and enjoy

Claire x

Oh and I had it done Sept 30th.Thanks for your support MummiesBB, It's great to get all this wonderful advise and know that all the little niggly pains and the gas are common things to get. I am so filled with gas I may float away soon.blink.gif

Wonderful image of a small balloon floating up into the sky ...

Gas is quite common and can take a little while to disperse ... lots of gentle back rubbing

An auspicious date this will be in your yearly calender as it's a good one to use to set targets. I chunked my year up or rather my weightloss I initaiily wanted to lose 101 pounds so looked at it as 25 pounds with mini targets on the way and had some lovely treats - hair done, buying a nice outfit! Soon too big so have had to ebay. When I lost 75 pounds I booked a Thai massage in Covent Garden and had this two weeks ago.

I wanted to try and lose the weight in a year and was very focused but it doesn't always work that way as you will have read on the various threads. I think I was lucky as this was the right tool for me to lose what I needed. So when I reached a 106.5 pound loss at some point during the weeks 40 - 50 I was chuffed and then went on to lose a further 11 pounds. Everyone's journey is very different and we can never really predict how it will go.

Wishing you a lovely journey filled with wonderful weight and inch loss!

Take care

Claire x

Hello everybody hope all is doing well!

congrats Husk on getting banded!

I had my 6th fill last week so i got 8mls in my band when i finally got restiction i wasn't able to eat much very small portion like half aslice of bread, matchbox size piece of chicken...but i was feeling very full with a slime fast shake for hours,i wold have one at lunch 1pm then i wouldnt eat anything untill 5.30pm.

but today after a week i am goin back for an unfill as i am suffering from acid reflux. as soon as i put my head on the pillow the acid in my stomach will come up,i choke few time in a night its a very bad feeling, i will have to have that 0.5mls remove which will not give me the restriction!!

anyways i thought i shared my experience with you guy.

have a nice day all.

This site it so quiet these days, wonder what has happened to everyone..

Well another month gone and still no further weight loss, I am eating cup a Soup and crackers at lunch and a very small portion of tea at night so can't understand what is going on. Getting really fed up though. Over the last 6/8 weeks I have lost and gained the same 2lbs - so frustrating. Don't need a fill cos hardly eating anything as it is - do you think its cos I not eating enough - body in starvation mode?? Was gonna dig out the blender and make some smoothies to have for lunch and tea - full of good stuff and might be enough to give me a boost

Hope everyone is doing well and for all the newbies - remember this is still the best decision I have ever made even now with all my frustration - I am still 5 stone lighter than I was last year and everyone keeps telling me I look amazing, down from a size 22/24 to a 14/16 depending on where I shop - still head to the Big Ladies bit though - really weird how old habits never change

Kerry x

Hi Kerry

Thought it was about time I popped back to see how everyone was doing. I am feeling like you. I had a small defil of .5ml 6 months ago. weight has plateaued once again grrrr. had a hard year with my wife being told she had breast cancer, didnt help me concentrating on me! Any way my weight hasnt altered until 3 weeks ago when finally I weight 2 lbs less than normal. However I have a good idea why and thats because I have bought me a bicycle and love to go on 14 mile rides at least 3 times a week. Recovery time is ace compaired to a year or so ago!

My "man belly" is now causing me to think WTF is this hanging about for, so I am enquiring with Chris and Frederick about having a Tummy Tuck. I guess its not a man thing but I am seriously wanting it gone, which ofcourse will help as it will reduce my weight and I am quite close to where I'll be happy.

All said and done I am pleased that I had it done 18 months ago, and would not ever think it was a mistake. I am well pleased, its done my confidence no end of good.

Still chuffed to bits after my choice to have my band fitted. If anyone is about to go for it, then do it and enjoy the boost in all areas of life.

Hope youre all doing ok

Regards Paul

Hi Kerry

Thought it was about time I popped back to see how everyone was doing. I am feeling like you. I had a small defil of .5ml 6 months ago. weight has plateaued once again grrrr. had a hard year with my wife being told she had breast cancer, didnt help me concentrating on me! Any way my weight hasnt altered until 3 weeks ago when finally I weight 2 lbs less than normal. However I have a good idea why and thats because I have bought me a bicycle and love to go on 14 mile rides at least 3 times a week. Recovery time is ace compaired to a year or so ago!

My "man belly" is now causing me to think WTF is this hanging about for, so I am enquiring with Chris and Frederick about having a Tummy Tuck. I guess its not a man thing but I am seriously wanting it gone, which ofcourse will help as it will reduce my weight and I am quite close to where I'll be happy.

All said and done I am pleased that I had it done 18 months ago, and would not ever think it was a mistake. I am well pleased, its done my confidence no end of good.

Still chuffed to bits after my choice to have my band fitted. If anyone is about to go for it, then do it and enjoy the boost in all areas of life.

Hope youre all doing ok

Regards Paul

Hi Paul

Brilliant that you feel so positive and you are nearly there. How much have you lost? So sorry to hear about your wife and do hope that she is ok.

Great that you want a TT go for it if you think it will do just what you want. I have saggy skin but it's flat which is great not over hanging. I have posted some new photos to here: www.mummiesbirthbuddy.co.uk/weightlossphotos.htm feel free to take a look

Let us know how you get on and all about the cycling - how exciting and the freedom to just up and go - would love to but family life is very hectic at this end.

Anyway take care and look after yourself.

Claire x

Hi All,

This time next week I'll be in Belgium, awaiting surgery. I'm a bit worried though - Frederik said I should follow a 2 week 'low-fat' diet, so I just started eating healthier foods, but haven't really been calorie counting or anything. And I'm eating a lot of carbs.

However, the real problem is that I got panicky at the weekend and stuffed myself with absolute garbage (pizza, chocolate ice cream etc). So - did anyone cheat on their pre-op diet? (I plan to make up for it this week), and is there any recommendation on what diet to follow? I see a whole bunch of people on liquid diets PRE op.

Have I put myself at risk? I know it sounds like I have NO self-control at all, but I have managed to successfully follow diets in the ast, I think it's all the 'after surgery you can't' got into my head and I went a bit nuts.

I'm getting really worried, and waking up thining 'what am I doing??'

R

Hi All,

This time next week I'll be in Belgium, awaiting surgery. I'm a bit worried though - Frederik said I should follow a 2 week 'low-fat' diet, so I just started eating healthier foods, but haven't really been calorie counting or anything. And I'm eating a lot of carbs.

However, the real problem is that I got panicky at the weekend and stuffed myself with absolute garbage (pizza, chocolate ice cream etc). So - did anyone cheat on their pre-op diet? (I plan to make up for it this week), and is there any recommendation on what diet to follow? I see a whole bunch of people on liquid diets PRE op.

Have I put myself at risk? I know it sounds like I have NO self-control at all, but I have managed to successfully follow diets in the ast, I think it's all the 'after surgery you can't' got into my head and I went a bit nuts.

R

hi candence firstly calm yourself down and stop worrying you will be fine,they tell you to diet as it helps shrink your liver for surgery,you dont have to be crazy about it just cut down a bit,have your normal meals just smaller portions and dont eat in between and try cut out sugary stuff,to be honest hun i didnt do any diet at all i was on holiday the week before and did plan to eat good but the food was awful and i lived off mcdonalds and pizza hut,the night before surgery frederik will tell you to eat what you want and have a drink if you want as a last supper lol so dont worry hun just cut back a bit,i know when it was me i went through this whole thing of wanting to eat everything incase i couldnt after surgery lol good luck

Hi All,

R

hi candence firstly calm yourself down and stop worrying you will be fine,they tell you to diet as it helps shrink your liver for surgery,you dont have to be crazy about it just cut down a bit,have your normal meals just smaller portions and dont eat in between and try cut out sugary stuff,to be honest hun i didnt do any diet at all i was on holiday the week before and did plan to eat good but the food was awful and i lived off mcdonalds and pizza hut,the night before surgery frederik will tell you to eat what you want and have a drink if you want as a last supper lol so dont worry hun just cut back a bit,i know when it was me i went through this whole thing of wanting to eat everything incase i couldnt after surgery lol good luck

ps i took milk thistle tablets to cleanse my liver,you can get them from chemist or health shop,and dont take too much stuff with ya you never use it travel light who are you going with

Hey Wannabe,

Thanks so much - was starting to really fret. I think it's probably normal to get a bit freaked out the week before surgery - but even though I've rationalised that, it hasn't stopped me from being all nutty and scared. Even though I read up on all the pros and cons, for some reason over the past few days all the cons seem MUCH worse. LOL. I really need to get a grip!

Thanks for responding so quickly, it really is amazing knowing this forum is here.

R

xx

Hey Wannabe,

Thanks so much - was starting to really fret. I think it's probably normal to get a bit freaked out the week before surgery - but even though I've rationalised that, it hasn't stopped me from being all nutty and scared. Even though I read up on all the pros and cons, for some reason over the past few days all the cons seem MUCH worse. LOL. I really need to get a grip!

Thanks for responding so quickly, it really is amazing knowing this forum is here.

R

xx

Hello

I think it's quite normal for people to think ohh what have I done, but then we are making a choice so that we can be healthier and happier and ultimately thinner! Enjoy your last few weeks and particularly the last evening meal the night before. I had my final Belgium beer and enjoyed every last sip! Ohh how I have craved an ice cold beer since and not been able to have because of the bubbles! Just wish I liked real ale more! But it's just not the same.

Don't fret just think of all the weight coming off and the new clothes you are going to buy. Be happy and enjoy!

All for now

Cx