Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone!

I'm back from Belgium and banded WAHOOO

Everything went well, i had the op at 9am on tuesday, i was back up in my room at 12 and was up walking around by 3. The nurses kept telling me to get back in bed :lol:

The other 2 lady's in my room slept all day so i was a bit bored, glad hubby come to see me for a few hours.

Not sure why i wasn't in as much pain as everyone else, i must just be lucky. I even walked to the x-ray, one lady went in a wheel chair and the other 3 went in their beds, they really didn't look to good. I hope they are ok now. I only had one lot of pain killer and that was given to me when i first come around.

I got home on thursday and had a bit of pain at the port site but that was only when i get up from being sat or laid down. I had a little bit of left shoulder pain yesterday and stupidly decided to play Just Dance on the wii and after 1 song it was killing so i had a couple of co-codimol and it hasn't come back :D

Every now and then i get a funny feeling in my tummy, its like really bad hunger pains and then all of a sudden it shoots up to my chest and then its gone. It happens a couple of times an hour and only lasts a couple of seconds but I'm guessing its gas or something.

I was naughty and had a yogurt yesterday, i didn't realise i wasn't aloud them yet lol I'm not struggling, all liquids are going down fine, no sickness or anything.

Does anyone know if we are aloud Dutch crisp bread in the liquid faze, i know they are not liquid but i though maybe we might be as they give us them in the hospital.

Ive just made some jelly, i poured it in to silicone cupcake cases, they are a lovely size and feels like in having a little treat.

Hubby eating in front of me hasn't even bothered me so far, he keeps offering to go in another room, but its been ok. Had a few cravings tho, thursday it was pizza but i think that was because there is a Pizza Hut in Belgium airport. Then on friday it was apple crumble and this morning it was Peanut Butter on toast.

Just cant wait for the weight to start coming off now, I know i have a long path ahead of me and its going to be a hard one but i just cant wait till i am slim for the first time ever

Jo x

Well done Jo Jo. Pleased everything went well. Xx

Hi everyone, hope all is doing well,

i was banded last august its comimg up to a year now i just wanted to know if we have to go for an anual check up and do we have to go to belgium as frederick haven't told me anything.

thank you

i was banded last august its comimg up to a year now i just wanted to know if we have to go for an anual check up and do we have to go to belgium as frederick haven't told me anything.

thank you

Laila

Do you go to London for your fills?

There is X-ray Express at 121 Harley Street, London, W1H2 that do a X-Ray - Gastrograph swallow telephone 0207 224 6493 £90

You will then need to go for a consultation with Dr Chris afterwards. So tie in with his clinic date. £80

I am looking to go in September as I want to go when I have the children back at school.

HTH

Claire

thank you

Hello I thought this had posted yesterday

Xray Express -

Book an x-ray - Gastograph swallow

Located at: 121 Harley Street, London, W1H2

Tel: 0207 224 6493

£90 plus consult with Dr Chris £80

Check with Julie Mackintosh - 07872 963 503 for clinic dates and then book two appoints with both venues.

Xray Express are very quick.

HTH

Claire x

thank you very much claire, am glad i don't have to travel to belgium.

Hello I thought this had posted yesterday

Xray Express -

Book an x-ray - Gastograph swallow

Located at: 121 Harley Street, London, W1H2

Tel: 0207 224 6493

£90 plus consult with Dr Chris £80

Check with Julie Mackintosh - 07872 963 503 for clinic dates and then book two appoints with both venues.

Xray Express are very quick.

HTH

Claire x

Hi everybody,

i will be very happy if anybody can advice me, i have 7.5mls in my band and my last fill was in may i only lose weight the week i have the fill 1to 2 kg but otherwise i dont lose any it stop! i am not sure what is restriction, at times i can eat a lot and sometime i cant eat anything. frederick told me that after my last fill i wouldnt need anymore as i will be losing the weight at least 1 to 2 llbs a week. but as i havent had fill for the month of june and july i haven't lost any weight that month. i am not sure what to do i am planning to go for another fill in july so that i can lose 1 or 2llbs again but do i need a fill every month to lose weight! if anybody has any advice or have experience this before please let me know.

Hi everyone!

I'm back from Belgium and banded WAHOOO

Everything went well, i had the op at 9am on tuesday, i was back up in my room at 12 and was up walking around by 3. The nurses kept telling me to get back in bed :lol:

The other 2 lady's in my room slept all day so i was a bit bored, glad hubby come to see me for a few hours.

Not sure why i wasn't in as much pain as everyone else, i must just be lucky. I even walked to the x-ray, one lady went in a wheel chair and the other 3 went in their beds, they really didn't look to good. I hope they are ok now. I only had one lot of pain killer and that was given to me when i first come around.

I got home on thursday and had a bit of pain at the port site but that was only when i get up from being sat or laid down. I had a little bit of left shoulder pain yesterday and stupidly decided to play Just Dance on the wii and after 1 song it was killing so i had a couple of co-codimol and it hasn't come back :D

Every now and then i get a funny feeling in my tummy, its like really bad hunger pains and then all of a sudden it shoots up to my chest and then its gone. It happens a couple of times an hour and only lasts a couple of seconds but I'm guessing its gas or something.

I was naughty and had a yogurt yesterday, i didn't realise i wasn't aloud them yet lol I'm not struggling, all liquids are going down fine, no sickness or anything.

Does anyone know if we are aloud Dutch crisp bread in the liquid faze, i know they are not liquid but i though maybe we might be as they give us them in the hospital.

Ive just made some jelly, i poured it in to silicone cupcake cases, they are a lovely size and feels like in having a little treat.

Hubby eating in front of me hasn't even bothered me so far, he keeps offering to go in another room, but its been ok. Had a few cravings tho, thursday it was pizza but i think that was because there is a Pizza Hut in Belgium airport. Then on friday it was apple crumble and this morning it was Peanut Butter on toast.

Just cant wait for the weight to start coming off now, I know i have a long path ahead of me and its going to be a hard one but i just cant wait till i am slim for the first time ever

Jo x

well done , that step is the hardest !!!!!!! crakers where and still are a god send , started using them as soom as i left hospital , and still have stock in my kitchen cuboard ........

well done , that step is the hardest !!!!!!! crakers where and still are a god send , started using them as soom as i left hospital , and still have stock in my kitchen cuboard ........

Thanks, thats good to know. Hubby bought a big box off 10 packs but im glag to know i can use them now :lol:

Jo x

Hi Guys

Not been on for a while.Last time i posted i was wondering if anyone is going over to Belgium on 11th july as iam going that day for three days to get a leak fixed.Dr Chris told me its only a small procedure.Im going staight to the hospital from my flight on mon and i hope to be up and about that night maybe even back to hotel and i am staying untill wed so i might get a bit of sight seeing done.

Laila160 I cant really advise as ive never really had restriction.If i was you i would get him to check and make sure that you have 7.5mils in your band.I do know how frustrating it can be.Before i was diagnosed with a leak i had 8.5mils and everytime i went for a fill i thought ok this is it this will get me to that sweet spot ive heard so much about.However sometimes i would get food stuck and i was confusing that with restriction but most of the time i could eat anything and lots of it.I think most people have reached a good restriction level by 7.5mils (from what ive read on this site) but also everyone is diffrent and reach max restriction at diffrent levels.Hope this helps

Hi Kerry i went to Edinbourgh in June to get double checked before going to Belgium did you go ? never saw you there.Hope you have got back on track and you Know the weight will start shifting again soon be patient.

Jojo well done and good luck on your weightloss journey.

Everyone have a great Summer and i will post when i get back.

Thank you SaraP ,

Despite not having much restriction i have lost a total of 44llbs a year in August since ive had the band i was hopping o lose a bit more without anymore fill.i will grt in touch wth frederick today. goodluck with your leak fix, SaraP can i ask you if you are paying againg for this surgery?

Hi Guys

Not been on for a while.Last time i posted i was wondering if anyone is going over to Belgium on 11th july as iam going that day for three days to get a leak fixed.Dr Chris told me its only a small procedure.Im going staight to the hospital from my flight on mon and i hope to be up and about that night maybe even back to hotel and i am staying untill wed so i might get a bit of sight seeing done.

Laila160 I cant really advise as ive never really had restriction.If i was you i would get him to check and make sure that you have 7.5mils in your band.I do know how frustrating it can be.Before i was diagnosed with a leak i had 8.5mils and everytime i went for a fill i thought ok this is it this will get me to that sweet spot ive heard so much about.However sometimes i would get food stuck and i was confusing that with restriction but most of the time i could eat anything and lots of it.I think most people have reached a good restriction level by 7.5mils (from what ive read on this site) but also everyone is diffrent and reach max restriction at diffrent levels.Hope this helps

Hi Kerry i went to Edinbourgh in June to get double checked before going to Belgium did you go ? never saw you there.Hope you have got back on track and you Know the weight will start shifting again soon be patient.

Jojo well done and good luck on your weightloss journey.

Everyone have a great Summer and i will post when i get back.

Hi all.

Well have been on my mini adventure to chicago lol I was so worried about my band getting tight, spoke to Freddy and he recommended a defill but there were no clinics on so I braved it and jumped on that plane! Glad to say I am more than happy I never got that defill cos I had no problems at all, even in 38degrees heat :) could manage small meals on board so was rather chuffed with that :)

Hope everyone is well and good luck to anyone going for surgery soon xxx

Hello all

Haven't been on over last few days good to see everyone. Pearce well done so glad you are ok.

So I am 3 pounds off my target and I think I feel depressed! Why? I know I know I am nearly there but I look like a bag of skin! It's awful!! Even my husband won't touch me as he doesn't like it. So much for feeling great about myself. I'm not sure how I am going to overcome it. I am goin yoga but this will strengthen and tone the muscles underneath not tighten the slack skin! I am just going to have to hope that the GP feels really sorry for me and when he does the referral for the top half that the Consultant may consider the other bits. Anyone know of a good plastics person who is reasonable and won't cost an arm and a leg! Ha ha.

So have been on a Well Woman yoga course and absolutely amazing. Looking to start classes up and help with menstruation, infertility, conception, menopause and other female conditions e.g. fibroids, cysts, prolapses etc. All very interesting and something that the surgeons knife should be the last thing to consider. So glad I decided to extend my studies and do this.

I have a GP appointment in 2-3 weeks so shall wait and see what he has to say about the concerns I have. Otherwise it looks like I am going to be saving up!

Everyone have a super day and I will be back soon.

Claire x

Thank you SaraP ,

Despite not having much restriction i have lost a total of 44llbs a year in August since ive had the band i was hopping o lose a bit more without anymore fill.i will grt in touch wth frederick today. goodluck with your leak fix, SaraP can i ask you if you are paying againg for this surgery?

Hi Laila

No im not paying to get it fixed i only got my band in Feb this year and i have had 5 fills at £90 a time .Also Dr Chris said the tube could have been punctured on the first fill so its been very expensive so far.Thay are paying for hotel as well and freddie said thay would reimburse my flights by giveing me fills .Dr Chris said he would put 5mils in during op i was hopeing for a bit more but i think he does not want to over fill me as i will not be able to get a defill for 4 to 6 weeks.I am also going to ask him if he is going to bring my port forward a bit as its so deep its hard to get infact only Dr chris can get it.

I havent been on for ages, never seem to find the time.

Anyone going to Manchester for a fill tomorrow?

I never meet anyone from this forum when I go, and most of the people I talk to have never heard of it :(

Will try to get on at some point soon. Hope everyones ok. xxxx